Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I see Alonso is stirring it up. Claiming RBR tried to sign him after Daniel quit.

He loves to try and cause trouble even when he is leaving the sport.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
It was the interview that Christian Horner gave that was scathing.
Unknown.jpeg

[doublepost=1535051796][/doublepost]
It was the interview that Christian Horner gave that was scathing.

....on a side note just noticed your signature. I shoot with a D700. Nice collection of glass you have there. What do you think of the new Mirrorless Bodies coming on 23/8/18? Shoot any wildlife images? :apple:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
View attachment 777488
[doublepost=1535051796][/doublepost]

....on a side note just noticed your signature. I shoot with a D700. Nice collection of glass you have there. What do you think of the new Mirrorless Bodies coming on 23/8/18? Shoot any wildlife images? :apple:
My glass was very competivly priced from work second hand. I traded some other stuff in (D300) for the D750.
I shoot some wildlife. Macro is probably what I love. And landscapes when I get the chance. Not as much as I'd like!
Yes I've been watching a few of the launch videos today, but I'm unlikely to be buying one in the near future. Probably in a year or two.
What do you shoot?

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Well both Mercedes and Ferrari are brining engine upgrades this weekend, both naturally claiming their is the best package lol...

The money will be shown on the track.

And Max has stated he’s confused by Daniels decision to leave for Renault, or in other words he’s surprised at home much money the Renault team waved under his team mates nose!

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
My glass was very competivly priced from work second hand. I traded some other stuff in (D300) for the D750.
I shoot some wildlife. Macro is probably what I love. And landscapes when I get the chance. Not as much as I'd like!
Yes I've been watching a few of the launch videos today, but I'm unlikely to be buying one in the near future. Probably in a year or two.
What do you shoot?

Nice. I went from a D300 to a Nikon refurb D700 right after it came out.
I only shoot wildlife and florals. Mainly creatures with wings. A lot of Ducks, Eagles, Hawks, and Marsh Birds around here. Spent a couple of years with song birds, but never really could stay with it. Bought my first Nikon with the D70. Loved it. All my film bodies were Canon prior. I’m 60 now so I don’t hike up the terrain like I used to, but I have a very large Federal Wildlife Preserve near me that provides ample low effort opportunities. I only use 3 lenses now. I have a 24-120 f/4 ED VR, my 105 f/2.8 micro, and a 300 f/2.8 ED VR I use with a TC-1.7EII.

A lot of hate over the new Z7/Z6 only having 1 card slot. I’ll be interested in how they justify removing the option to shoot to 2 cards for backup. Seems like a poor choice IMO.

Anyway, back to F1. :)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Nice. I went from a D300 to a Nikon refurb D700 right after it came out.
I only shoot wildlife and florals. Mainly creatures with wings. A lot of Ducks, Eagles, Hawks, and Marsh Birds around here. Spent a couple of years with song birds, but never really could stay with it. Bought my first Nikon with the D70. Loved it. All my film bodies were Canon prior. I’m 60 now so I don’t hike up the terrain like I used to, but I have a very large Federal Wildlife Preserve near me that provides ample low effort opportunities. I only use 3 lenses now. I have a 24-120 f/4 ED VR, my 105 f/2.8 micro, and a 300 f/2.8 ED VR I use with a TC-1.7EII.

A lot of hate over the new Z7/Z6 only having 1 card slot. I’ll be interested in how they justify removing the option to shoot to 2 cards for backup. Seems like a poor choice IMO.

Anyway, back to F1. :)
Agree seems like a strange choice.
A bit of Nikon chat here.

It would be like adding extra wheels or something to a car!
IMG_3983.JPG

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Indeed, but it's been that way since the mid-1980s as there is always one or two teams who can outspend everyone else and reap the benefits.

And I am not sure anything can be done to change that. Even if Liberty is able to impose a spending cap in the years ahead, just the "institutional knowledge" of McLaren, Williams, Ferrari and Red Bull will probably allow them to continue to stay in the lead.

You'd need to make Formula One a "spec series" with a common chassis and power unit (preferably both outsourced) and really limit the areas where the teams can spend R&D (as well as how much they can spend) to bring real equity between the factories and the "privateers". And at that point, you have Formula Two Plus, not Formula One.

One of the issues is then inequality of the prize money. See here https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/11...sers-under-libertys-2021-f1-prize-money-plan/ . As you can see, in 2017 the worst performing team received about 20% of the biggest paid team [actually Ferrari not Mercedes due to historic payments]. Liberty are considering paying more equally, so the worst performing team would receive 50% of the most, with a narrower spread. This would clearly even up the teams, but we shall see if turkeys vote for Christmas for the sake of the sport. :rolleyes:

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
One of the issues is then inequality of the prize money. See here https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/11...sers-under-libertys-2021-f1-prize-money-plan/ . As you can see, in 2017 the worst performing team received about 20% of the biggest paid team [actually Ferrari not Mercedes due to historic payments]. Liberty are considering paying more equally, so the worst performing team would receive 50% of the most, with a narrower spread. This would clearly even up the teams, but we shall see if turkeys vote for Christmas for the sake of the sport. :rolleyes:

I honestly believe one of the reasons Bernie came up with the current payment scheme was to keep the Factory Teams in Formula One regardless of how things turned out for them. He'd seen Honda, BMW and Toyota spend billions with little to show for it and then pull out and I am sure he did not want F1 to turn into WSC (or the current WEC) where you had one all-conquering factory team and a shed-load of privateers fighting for the rest as that would certainly not be a formula to sell oil-rich governments on dropping $30-50 million a year for the "privilege and prestige" of holding a Grand Prix.

Reactions: Glideslope

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Kimi looking very racy in FP2. ;)
But won't deliver on the weekend. Vettel will suddenly have the measure of him.

Both the Mercs and Ferrari's seem close on both their long and qualifying practices.
However we've been there before only to see something different on Saturday and Sunday.
Still it's live on my TV this weekend so happy days.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
But won't deliver on the weekend. Vettel will suddenly have the measure of him.

Both the Mercs and Ferrari's seem close on both their long and qualifying practices.
However we've been there before only to see something different on Saturday and Sunday.
Still it's live on my TV this weekend so happy days.

Nice. Live is always the best. I’m still hopeful with Kimi. He is in such a good place mentally (Team, Family, Physical Condition) than in years past. I hope we find out soon about 2019. He is not displaying a lack of ability to put the SF71H up front when given the same equipment. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.