Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Rain saves the day for the Silver Arrows once again. Maranello Power 3 out of 4.;)
Hard to say. But given Vettel was on the track at the right time he should have had pole. But he's consistently shown he's just not as good a driver in the wet.
I'd expected RB to do better, but not enough fuel or rear wing hampered their chances.

Anyway looking forward to tomorrow! It's been too long.

Reactions: Glideslope

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Hard to say. But given Vettel was on the track at the right time he should have had pole. But he's consistently shown he's just not as good a driver in the wet.
I'd expected RB to do better, but not enough fuel or rear wing hampered their chances.

Anyway looking forward to tomorrow! It's been too long.

Agreed. Would have been nice to see Kimi come out. Nice screw up by Ferrari locking him in the box. :(

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
RBR was running far too little downforce for the wet conditions.

I agree Lewis got Pole thanks to the weather as he is better in the wet than Seb.

If it is dry tomorrow, I think Seb could jump him at the start thanks to the better launches and if not, I would expect the Ferrari's superior power to allow him to pass Lewis either on the Kemel Straight or on the long climb to the Bus Stop.

And yeah, Kimi was robbed. If he had the fuel for more laps he might have been on Pole.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
RBR was running far too little downforce for the wet conditions.

I agree Lewis got Pole thanks to the weather as he is better in the wet than Seb.

If it is dry tomorrow, I think Seb could jump him at the start thanks to the better launches and if not, I would expect the Ferrari's superior power to allow him to pass Lewis either on the Kemel Straight or on the long climb to the Bus Stop.

And yeah, Kimi was robbed. If he had the fuel for more laps he might have been on Pole.
Yes it was a shame for Kimi. He never quite gets the luck does he?

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Great drive from Lewis. But eclipsed by Force India. Totally amazing performance from this 'new' team! Ocon is driving for his seat next year. Hope he finds one.

Agree great drive by Force India; I can see Ocon in a Williams with some cheap Mercedes engines.

Vettel keeps on being outdone by Hamilton in the rain. Every wet race I think his race win in an STR was a fluke.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Agree great drive by Force India; I can see Ocon in a Williams with some cheap Mercedes engines.

Vettel keeps on being outdone by Hamilton in the rain. Every wet race I think his race win in an STR was a fluke.
Lewis is a rain master. As was Senna.
Max has that fearless edge in the wet too.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
If Silverston was this weekend, Lewis would be winning it hands down, it’s been chucking it down all day, all though I’m in the South West and not near Silveratone.

Anyway it seems cloudy but dry at the Bulgarian track currently so could be a Mercedes Ferrari RB battle? If it rains Lewis will walk it, he’s had far too much practice in U.K. weather lol!!!

Lewis is also on his own at the front, they had to change something in Botas’s car pushing him to the back of the grid..

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
If Silverston was this weekend, Lewis would be winning it hands down, it’s been chucking it down all day, all though I’m in the South West and not near Silveratone.

Anyway it seems cloudy but dry at the Bulgarian track currently so could be a Mercedes Ferrari RB battle? If it rains Lewis will walk it, he’s had far too much practice in U.K. weather lol!!!

Lewis is also on his own at the front, they had to change something in Botas’s car pushing him to the back of the grid..
No rain forecast. But Vettel also can't count on Kimi for support.
One thing for sure. Force India are hoping Lewis and Vettel take each other out!

Hopefully a SC adds to the fun rather than spoiling it.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hats off to Vettel on doing the segment with Brundle pre race. It must have been hard to keep his hands off Martin’s neck. ;)
Why? I'm watching the live feed on Ch4 which I prefer. What was he saying?
[doublepost=1535289805][/doublepost]Well that was an interesting start! Alonso must be glad he'll not be racing at Spa again!

But those Force India's looked racey. Lewis will need to keep an eye on his rear view mirror at the restart.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Awful accident at the start. Hulkenberg looks like he had a brake failure. LeClerc was lucky, and the halo looks like it may have saved his life - it looks like Alonso landed on the halo.

EDIT: Alonso not Vandoorne

Last edited:

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Awesome start!! Yes flying cars excellent lol! Utter carnage. But now it’s a boring race up front, Max easily in third, Lewis and Seb battling but the Merc just lacking the pace to beat the Ferrari.
And that’s all I know really, not sure how the rest of the pack are running bar Kimi is out and Botas is slowly moving up. And Dani is what a lap behind everyone?

I love how Horner at the start said they had to beat the Pink cars or whatever they call themselves now... lol!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Bottas up to fourth, but still 30 seconds behind Max.

Monza will be a strong track for Ferrari. But if Lewis can pick up seconds it should keep it interesting in the WC. Hoping it goes down to the last race!

Reactions: apolloa

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Well, I guess the curiosity over the Summer Break engine upgrades is over.:rolleyes: No Lewis, it's not "Trickery." It's called out engineering the team in Bricksworth. Another great drive by Max. I continue to be impressed at his level of maturation. I never thought I'd admit to this, but I'll eat past statements and say I am really looking forward to RBR Honda with Max and Gasly in 2019. IMO, Bottas gets Driver of the day. Great effort. Looks like the "Luck" component was alive and well today for Kimi. Ferrari needed the WCC points.

Most importantly congratulations Sebastian Vettel for knocking Alain Prost out of the top 3 all time winners. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.