Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Broslowski

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
Yes, exactly it is very depressing and stress-full. I started to believe in stability and started to trust machine and working on it. It is very good but now, here we go again, trust is gone and i need to continue my work on my old windows laptop. This ancient Dell gaming machine is rock solid, to bad screen is very bad, and keyboard as well so not ideal for office workload and video/audio/photo editing - but it is still better than loosing work because of KP ********.

Guys please keep this thread alive and report as much as possible to apple. We really need complete resolution for this problem. I had many MBP before this one and i never got problems with KP.

Last edited by a moderator:

iZeljko

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2018
North Sea
Yeah, I don't know what the heck is going on with it. I've done everything I can think of trying to get it sorted including wiping the drive clean, reinstall, and a myriad of other things. At first, I thought Mojave fixed it but alas, no. 3K down the drain! (hopefully Apple will at least look at it and be able to diagnose what the problem is)
That is 4K EUR in EU and that is the reason why I can not afford it.
I’d buy a MBP right now, but I’m not willing to drain my money for a ****ed device.
[doublepost=1538901624][/doublepost]
Gotcha. That definitely explains the word usage

My first MBP was KP’ing constantly, I had a second one that arrived with physical damage that I sent back without even trying. 3rd one had severe heat and keyboard issues . Trying #4 now because I S̶u̶c̶k̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ convinced myself that the 2nd one didn’t count in the “Three strike rule.”

So far, no problems with #4 in 2 whole days

Never had the audio glitches or the light leaking around the gasket or some of the other issues. But also have yet to have one last more than 10 days without an issue.

Let’s see how this one does.

You see, all this was possible for you cause you live close to the Apple Store.
The apple store where I live sells 15" i7 2,6GHz, 16GB, 512GB machine + 3y Store protection (do not mix that with 3Y APP+) at $4577US + $500US for the store protection. That makes it $5077US for a configuration that sells at (2799 + 349 APP+) * sales tax equals $3415US in NYC.

Lets take a moment to soak the 3415 vs 5077 price at my home.

It takes me 100EUR to reach the store every time I need to reach the store from my home.

Now what about the price in Germany;
the machine cost is $3805US + $402US for 3Y APP (not the APP+) and I end up with %4207US Mac that is potentially ****Ped up out of the box.

So my option was to buy the Mac in Frankfurt where I'm on regular intervals. Sometime twice a month but about 15 to 22 days apart. The 14 day trail period is out of the window.

Now would you consider buying a MBP for that high price, so far away from being able to return it within 14 days and at such a high price?

As mentioned earlier, the money is here, I'm set for an upgrade, but not until Apple comes out with some official coverage on this half product.

My old MBPR has had 10 crashes within 6 years of owning it. Not 10 crashes in 4 days.
I'd take my MBPR to war if I'd have to cause it would be there when I need it. Not sure same can be said about the new ones.

And that is very sad.
Apple is just an iPhone company in my eyes.

A software issue spotted on the iPhone gets a new update in a matter of hours, few days at most. An issue with T2 started last year on iMP and now it is on the new MBPs. We are counting months to see if it got fixed.

Someone said that we still do not know if it is a SW or HW issue, or what is causing it...
Why in the bloody world do we (users) have to know in depth what is causing the computer to crash?

It is a computer. It is a Mac. It comes in a nice flat box, just like the puzzles you bought to your grandkids last Christmas.
Your grandkids have solved the puzzle in 5 days, you should solve your new 2018 MBP KP puzzle in 365 days!
But that's not all! If you purchase additional 3y APP then you can extend your 2018 MBP puzzle to 1095 days for only $402US.

Jokes aside.
I'm sorry for all who got affected with this problematic MBPs and I'm glad for all that are having no trouble with theirs.
It would be really beneficial for me to grab a 6C i7 8850H CPU with some decent GPU, but I am not mentally strong enough to fight the KP and return of the machine outside of 14Day period.

If a new iMac comes to surface this year I'll give it a try, but if it doesn't I'm afraid that I'll be left to only one option:
buy used 2017 i5 iMac, top it up with i7 7700k, add some RAM, mill a slot at the back of the housing and live my life like I have a Hackintosh as Apple says that all Macs that were "touched" by filthy hands of non Apple Service hands are now PCs...

Last edited:

joss.b

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2018
After going for weeks without bridgeOS panics (macOS 10.13.6) I enabled `tcpkeepalive` again with `pmset -a`, just to test it, and sure enough, there was another panic and reboot at wake-from-sleep, after entering the FileVault password.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
The apple store where I live sells 15" i7 2,6GHz, 16GB, 512GB machine + 3y Store protection (do not mix that with 3Y APP+) at $4577US + $500US for the store protection. That makes it $5077US for a configuration that sells at (2799 + 349 APP+) * sales tax equals $3415US in NYC.

No, it wasn’t. Only the recent machine was possible because I live close to a store.

I decided to just settle on a standard configuration rather than mess around the with the whole CTO thing and the associated shipping delays again. The previous machines were CTO and all being shipped to the US from China.

I was being facetious about the last going 2 days without issue

wesStyle

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2018
Another KP 30 min later ... on latest beta firmware..... omg here we go again
This was on the open beta 2?

I've been keeping my mbp playing some 10h youtube videos playlist as well as scheduled it to sleep for 1 hour each hour. So far so good.

After going for weeks without bridgeOS panics (macOS 10.13.6) I enabled `tcpkeepalive` again with `pmset -a`, just to test it, and sure enough, there was another panic and reboot at wake-from-sleep, after entering the FileVault password.

Can you somewhat consistently reproduce this?

servo

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
This was on the open beta 2?

I've been keeping my mbp playing some 10h youtube videos playlist as well as scheduled it to sleep for 1 hour each hour. So far so good.

Reposting from previously in the thread:
What I am doing in order to "consistently" reproduce it, is to download a season series (many hours of video) and leave it playing the whole season overnight.

If you wake up and your laptop is off, it means that it crashed during the night. You will see the crash message when you boot.

I have found that it does for me 2/3 of the times i do this, at least.

I have also tried a clean reinstall, full disk format and still happens.

macjunk(ie)

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
That is 4K EUR in EU and that is the reason why I can not afford it.
I’d buy a MBP right now, but I’m not willing to drain my money for a ****ed device.
[doublepost=1538901624][/doublepost]

Lets take a moment to soak the 3415 vs 5077 price at my home.

It takes me 100EUR to reach the store every time I need to reach the store from my home.

Now what about the price in Germany;
the machine cost is $3805US + $402US for 3Y APP (not the APP+) and I end up with %4207US Mac that is potentially ****Ped up out of the box.

So my option was to buy the Mac in Frankfurt where I'm on regular intervals. Sometime twice a month but about 15 to 22 days apart. The 14 day trail period is out of the window.

Now would you consider buying a MBP for that high price, so far away from being able to return it within 14 days and at such a high price?

As mentioned earlier, the money is here, I'm set for an upgrade, but not until Apple comes out with some official coverage on this half product.

My old MBPR has had 10 crashes within 6 years of owning it. Not 10 crashes in 4 days.
I'd take my MBPR to war if I'd have to cause it would be there when I need it. Not sure same can be said about the new ones.

And that is very sad.
Apple is just an iPhone company in my eyes.

A software issue spotted on the iPhone gets a new update in a matter of hours, few days at most. An issue with T2 started last year on iMP and now it is on the new MBPs. We are counting months to see if it got fixed.

Someone said that we still do not know if it is a SW or HW issue, or what is causing it...
Why in the bloody world do we (users) have to know in depth what is causing the computer to crash?

It is a computer. It is a Mac. It comes in a nice flat box, just like the puzzles you bought to your grandkids last Christmas.
Your grandkids have solved the puzzle in 5 days, you should solve your new 2018 MBP KP puzzle in 365 days!
But that's not all! If you purchase additional 3y APP then you can extend your 2018 MBP puzzle to 1095 days for only $402US.

Jokes aside.
I'm sorry for all who got affected with this problematic MBPs and I'm glad for all that are having no trouble with theirs.
It would be really beneficial for me to grab a 6C i7 8850H CPU with some decent GPU, but I am not mentally strong enough to fight the KP and return of the machine outside of 14Day period.

If a new iMac comes to surface this year I'll give it a try, but if it doesn't I'm afraid that I'll be left to only one option:
buy used 2017 i5 iMac, top it up with i7 7700k, add some RAM, mill a slot at the back of the housing and live my life like I have a Hackintosh as Apple says that all Macs that were "touched" by filthy hands of non Apple Service hands are now PCs...
Every time I see a post like this, I have nothing but respect for Apple!
Cause it might be the only company in the whole world where its customers are willing to bear them at great personal expense and credit goes to them for navigating themselves into such a position. The icing on the cake is that after going though all the pain (caused by Apple), if Apple offers a brand-new replacement, then all of a sudden Apple becomes a fairy and it goes back to being on your recommended list again. Every time I see this happening, my mind is blown!

This is not personal. A quick look at my post history also will tell you that I too have masochistic tendencies by deciding to buy a new Apple every time they have failed me and my wallet.

Broslowski

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
What I am doing in order to "consistently" reproduce it, is to download a season series (many hours of video) and leave it playing the whole season overnight.
what player are you using for video playback? All my KP happened during video playback

Last edited:

aleks1

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2017
Hello everyone. Just to give some context, I brought my MBP 13 to Apple yesterday. They took it in for repairs, but 10 they later they said it was ready for pickup. They reinstalled Mojave and said it passed all diagnostics and asked me to pick it up. Obviously, they did not see and KP in the span of 10 hours during reinstall.

Now, this happened after the technician guaranteed that they would test and play videos for 48 hours.
Fortunately, he wrote it on a Work Authorization contract that I signed, so I asked them to keep it and use it to replicate the issue. The other technician said that “we cannot have someone use your computer for 24 hours” but that’s exactly what extended use means.
After a very unpleasant interaction, they agreed to use it for an extended time to do what they wrote down and signed and agreed to do.

I am very frustrated, I was hoping for a swap. No idea how long this will take.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Hello everyone. Just to give some context, I brought my MBP 13 to Apple yesterday. They took it in for repairs, but 10 they later they said it was ready for pickup. They reinstalled Mojave and said it passed all diagnostics and asked me to pick it up. Obviously, they did not see and KP in the span of 10 hours during reinstall.

Now, this happened after the technician guaranteed that they would test and play videos for 48 hours.
Fortunately, he wrote it on a Work Authorization contract that I signed, so I asked them to keep it and use it to replicate the issue. The other technician said that “we cannot have someone use your computer for 24 hours” but that’s exactly what extended use means.
After a very unpleasant interaction, they agreed to use it for an extended time to do what they wrote down and signed and agreed to do.

I am very frustrated, I was hoping for a swap. No idea how long this will take.

Unfortunately I am guessing that you probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than them actually doing a 24 hour diagnostic, regardless of what they say. But I hope for your sake they run it long enough to replicate the issue and take care of you

Actually I re-read your post, you just bought it yesterday. Is it CTO? If so call Apple Sales and tell them you want to new one. If it’s stock have the store do a swap

joss.b

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2018
Already did. When getting all these panics after I bought the i9, I quickly realized that the computer was waking up from safe sleep, while I wasn't around and the lid closed, that it couldn't log into my admin account due to destroyed FileVault keys, and (so I thought) couldn't go back to sleep again, because I had set regular sleep to 0, so I reenabled regular sleep (30 minutes), and disabled tcpkeepalive, womp, powernap and other stuff that will wake the computer. This stopped all bridgeOS panics at wake-from-sleep. Last night, for testing purposes, I re-enabled only tcpkeepalive, used e.g. by FindMyMac, which is enabled on my MBP, and bingo: panic & crash. (The sleep 30 setting obviously had not effect this time around; but that might be logical, because how can the Mac go to sleep again, if it hasn't even woken from safe sleep properly?!) That's enough to tell me that Apple engineers/programmers are kinda stupid, and don't yet know how to properly deal with the SMC part of the T2 in tandem with FileVault, and that users need to be quite restrictive and careful with their power management settings. I don't see any need to test this further, because I managed to make it work. You can test it on your own, though, if you like. If Apple release an update, and they publicly state that they fixed the T2/SMC/FV wake-panic issue, then I'll test it again.

Last edited:

wesStyle

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2018
Already did. When getting all these panics after I bought the i9, I quickly realized that the computer was waking up from safe sleep, while I wasn't around and the lid closed, that it couldn't log into my admin account due to destroyed FileVault keys, and (so I thought) couldn't go back to sleep again, because I had set regular sleep to 0, so I reenabled regular sleep (30 minutes), and disabled tcpkeepalive, womp, powernap and other stuff that will wake the computer. This stopped all bridgeOS panics at wake-from-sleep. Last night, for testing purposes, I re-enabled only tcpkeepalive, used e.g. by FindMyMac, which is enabled on my MBP, and bingo: panic & crash. (The sleep 30 setting obviously had not effect this time around; but that might be logical, because how can the Mac go to sleep again, if it hasn't even woken from safe sleep properly?!) That's enough to tell me that Apple engineers/programmers are kinda stupid, and don't yet know how to properly deal with the SMC part of the T2 in tandem with FileVault, and that users need to be quite restrictive and careful with their power management settings. I don't see any need to test this further, because I managed to make it work. You can test it on your own, though, if you like. If Apple release an update, and they publicly state that they fixed the T2/SMC/FV wake-panic issue, then I'll test it again.
Did you file a bug report?

Also, I have FileVault disabled and got a KP couple of minutes after opening the lid. If what you say is true then it sounds like there are multiple unrelated reasons for T2 KPs right now.

joss.b

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2018
I'm pretty sure there are multiple reasons, because a lot of people are getting bridgeOS panics during regular operations, which I'm not getting, but that might be due to usage of certain external hardware. (I have a hyperdrive hub with Ethernet, no problems yet, but I haven't tested external displays.) So there's a lot there that's not right. And yes, I filed bug reports, twice via standard Feedback, Apple Bug Reports, a Developer report, always sent all the crash logs. Judging from the Apple Bug Reports ticket, they know about the problem, and there are duplicate issues reported, so I guess they're working on it.

Broslowski

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
what can be real issue when whole mac freezes and restart with KP during video playback (on both VLC and Elmedia video player) randomly, sometimes after few minutes, sometimes after days, hours, always on battery, nothing connected, WLAN/BT on or off state does not matter as well ...

Here is part of KP report in spoiler if somebody can take a look/understand what is up

edit: i always report everything and try to supply proper info to apple. It would be GREAT if they can file press release about a fact they are aware of issue and working on fix...also please keep in mind that this is older report from non beta release of mojave, after updating to pb2 i got same KP few minutes later

{"caused_by":"macos","macos_system_state":"running","bug_type":"210","os_version":"Bridge OS 3.0 (16P375)","timestamp":"2018-10-06 21:10:23.99 +0000","incident_id":"073EC2E1-0A09-452E-B959-72827220EB7E"}

{

"build" : "Bridge OS 3.0 (16P375)",

"product" : "iBridge2,4",

"kernel" : "Darwin Kernel Version 18.0.0: Thu Sep 6 18:24:30 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4903.201.2~72\/RELEASE_ARM64_T8010",

"incident" : "073EC2E1-0A09-452E-B959-72827220EB7E",

"crashReporterKey" : "c0dec0dec0dec0dec0dec0dec0dec0dec0de0001",

"date" : "2018-10-06 21:10:23.74 +0000",

"panicString" : "panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffff00bee29f4): macOS watchdog detected\nDebugger message: panic\nMemory ID: 0x6\nOS version: 16P375\nKernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 18.0.0: Thu Sep 6 18:24:30 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4903.201.2~72\/RELEASE_ARM64_T8010\nKernelCache UUID: 834FD638CEB95664A35EB86DC49DF634\nKernel UUID: 4A1BD27F-3E02-3C61-8254-E173B853B18F\niBoot version: iBoot-4513.200.293\nsecure boot?: YES\nx86 EFI Boot State: 0xd\nx86 System State: 0x0\nx86 Power State: 0x0\nx86 Shutdown Cause: 0x5\nx86 Previous Power Transitions: 0x10001000100\nPCIeUp link state: 0x14\nPaniclog version: 11\nKernel slide: 0x0000000005800000\nKernel text base: 0xfffffff00c804000\nEpoch Time: sec usec\n Boot : 0x5b9a6d8d 0x000afd9e\n Sleep : 0x5bb92183 0x0000a1aa\n Wake : 0x5bb92389 0x00066c60\n Calendar: 0x5bb924a2 0x0009196b\n\nPanicked task 0xffffffe0006ce760: 3963 pages, 206 threads: pid 0: kernel_task\nPanicked thread: 0xffffffe0009e99f0, backtrace: 0xffffffe0160ab530, tid: 391\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00ca012ec fp: 0xffffffe0160ab670\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00c8dd610 fp: 0xffffffe0160ab680\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00c911ce8 fp: 0xffffffe0160ab9f0\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00c912060 fp: 0xffffffe0160aba30\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00c913c98 fp: 0xffffffe0160aba50\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00bee29f4 fp: 0xffffffe0160abac0\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00bee4e7c fp: 0xffffffe0160abb60\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00bee21c0 fp: 0xffffffe0160abbe0\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00be9bab0 fp: 0xffffffe0160abc10\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00cd9c0fc fp: 0xffffffe0160abc50\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00cd9b964 fp: 0xffffffe0160abc90\n\t\t lr: 0xfffffff00c8e8614 fp: 0x0000000000000000\n\n",

"panicFlags" : "0x102",

"otherString" : "\n** Stackshot Succeeded ** Bytes Traced 107488 **\n",

"macOSPanicFlags" : "0x0",

"macOSPanicString" : "BAD MAGIC! (flag set in iBoot panic header), no macOS panic log available",

"memoryStatus" : {"compressorSize":0,"compressions":0,"decompressions":0,"busyBufferCount":0,"pageSize":16384,"memoryPressure":false,"memoryPages":{"active":9683,"throttled":0,"fileBacked":13478,"wired":6158,"purgeable":49,"inactive":5098,"free":4847,"speculative":4588}},

"binaryImages" : [["834fd638-ceb9-5664-a35e-b86dc49df634",18446743936270598144,"U"],["00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",0,"A"],["f1e4e7eb-d326-3fe5-b9d5-78a7ef251f3e",6442450944,"S"]],

"notes" : ["Source: \/dev\/rdisk1","31 unindexed user-stack frames from 19 pids: 25,26,27,28,29,36,37,38,40,41,45,49,50,51,60,61,62,69,72"]

}

Model: MacBookPro15,2, BootROM 220.200.252.0.0 (iBridge: 16.16.375.0.0,0), 4 processors, Intel Core i5, 2,3 GHz, 8 GB, SMC

Graphics: kHW_IntelIrisGraphics655Item, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, Built-In

Memory Module: BANK 0/ChannelA-DIMM0, 4 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, Micron, -

Memory Module: BANK 2/ChannelB-DIMM0, 4 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, Micron, -

AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x7BF), wl0: Jul 24 2018 08:46:21 version 9.130.86.2.32.6.17 FWID 01-a7e14b32

Bluetooth: Version 6.0.8f6, 3 services, 18 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0

USB Device: USB 3.1 Bus

USB Device: iBridge Bus

USB Device: iBridge DFR brightness

USB Device: iBridge Display

USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad

USB Device: Headset

USB Device: iBridge ALS

USB Device: iBridge FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)

USB Device: iBridge

Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 30.2

Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 30.2

Last edited:

joss.b

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2018
Until now I've only done video playback with IINA and AC plugged in. I'll test it with VLC and battery mode tonight. But I haven't had any issues with video playback. (Also never had the audio glitch that many users were reporting.)

iZeljko

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2018
North Sea
Every time I see a post like this, I have nothing but respect for Apple!
Cause it might be the only company in the whole world where its customers are willing to bear them at great personal expense and credit goes to them for navigating themselves into such a position. The icing on the cake is that after going though all the pain (caused by Apple), if Apple offers a brand-new replacement, then all of a sudden Apple becomes a fairy and it goes back to being on your recommended list again. Every time I see this happening, my mind is blown!

This is not personal. A quick look at my post history also will tell you that I too have masochistic tendencies by deciding to buy a new Apple every time they have failed me and my wallet.
You are missing the point.
If you were not in situation to swap them out, you would not have 4 MBPs going trough your hands. Especially if you'd need to take 3 days to fly to and from the store.
5 and 6 years back I've purchased 2 MBPRs across the pond and they worked flawlessly. One unit had to go in for repair 2 years after purchase and 3y APP took care of that.

My point now is that I am not keen on buying a product that is so well known of having KPs when in case of trouble all I can expect to get from Apple Authorised service is a fresh OS install and an answer "it worked well with us". I don't even need the service for that, I can do all that on my own.

MacBook Pro is not close to where it was years ago. I just hope the new iMacs will not be at the same quality level. That would be a shame.

bab5139

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
i9 2018 here, just started crashing on Sept 28 with the same issue Sleep Failure [code:0x00000019]:
Has crashed every night since then. Opened a case with Apple but so far it's not a known issue supposedly.

2018-10-02 06:33:32 -0500 Failure Sleep Failure [code:0x00000019]:
2018-10-03 07:15:58 -0500 Failure Sleep Failure [code:0x00000019]:
2018-10-04 08:19:54 -0500 Failure Sleep Failure [code:0x00000019]:
2018-10-05 13:42:46 -0500 Failure Sleep Failure [code:0x00000019]:
2018-10-07 15:37:14 -0500 Failure Sleep Failure [code:0x00000019]:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Are new machines off the production line still doing this? I will need to upgrade soon and don't want to buy one if this is still an unresolved issue.

Reactions: iZeljko

bab5139

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Gotcha. That definitely explains the word usage

My first MBP was KP’ing constantly, I had a second one that arrived with physical damage that I sent back without even trying. 3rd one had severe heat and keyboard issues . Trying #4 now because I S̶u̶c̶k̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ convinced myself that the 2nd one didn’t count in the “Three strike rule.”

So far, no problems with #4 in 2 whole days

Never had the audio glitches or the light leaking around the gasket or some of the other issues. But also have yet to have one last more than 10 days without an issue.

Let’s see how this one does.

what is the light around the gasket one? is that for the keyboard?

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
what is the light around the gasket one? is that for the keyboard?

No, that is a display one. Apparently a few people have had issues where they could see visible light leaks around the rubber gasket that goes around the display. I have yet to see that one myself. But there was a thread where a user took a photo of his.

macagain

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
I respectfully disagree. I have two of these units myself - one 2.9ghz X 32gb X 1tb under heavy load with plenty of 3P software installed being used by my wife, the most tech accident prone person on the planet, and it is working flawlessly. This unit was bought on day one of in-store availability.

My other unit is a 2.6 x 16gb x 1TB. Working great, had one KP early on and now nothing.

There's been so so much history on this thread is what Im trying to tell you and there seems to be no rhyme or reason. People have done this testing. Sure potentially all units could be affected by you have no more grounds to say that than some units are affected and not others, actually maybe less ground as the evidence points more strongly to that reality. Given the fairly major misunderstandings you're being corrected on regarding software behavior Id just concede...
@RumorConsumer Have you and/or your wife upgraded to Mojave yet? And if so, are you still KP free?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.