Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Totally expected. It’s Silverstone. Max laughed it off. He is polarizing like other drivers have been over the decades. Love him or hate him. No middle ground.

Max is Lewis’ arch enemy in the Land of The Monarchy. Last years ending doesn’t help.

So, that why.…….. 😉
I think last year’s ending (ie giving the title to Max) was most of it.
Max isn’t a very gracious guy. The fact that this years WC is over already isn’t a good factor either. A few DNF’s for Max to make a title challenge of it would be good. But unlikely. Ferrari won’t take it to RB.

Reactions: pachyderm

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Great qualifying with constant changes ar the top, good job Carlos, his race engine said he ‘put it all together like a smooth operator’ . The crowd were idiots though booing Max when he was interviewed, no idea why. Pathetic when they do that really.

As pathetic as the Dutch fans doing it at Zandvoort last year to Lewis and will probably do it again this year. It’s all pantomime really. Horner and Red Bull’s behaviour after last years British GP are likely the cause along with the controversy of deciding the title. It’s not something I would do as a fan personally and usually Red Bull get a lot of support being a British team.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
As pathetic as the Dutch fans doing it at Zandvoort last year to Lewis and will probably do it again this year. It’s all pantomime really. Horner and Red Bull’s behaviour after last years British GP are likely the cause along with the controversy of deciding the title. It’s not something I would do as a fan personally and usually Red Bull get a lot of support being a British team.
I hope you’ve cleared your afternoon schedule!

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Max isn’t a very gracious guy. The fact that this years WC is over already isn’t a good factor either. A few DNF’s for Max to make a title challenge of it would be good. But unlikely. Ferrari won’t take it to RB.

No, he’s not. Can thank his father for that.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Totally expected. It’s Silverstone. Max laughed it off. He is polarizing like other drivers have been over the decades. Love him or hate him. No middle ground.

Max is Lewis’ arch enemy in the Land of The Monarchy. Last years ending doesn’t help.

So, that why.…….. 😉

I know a few Brits who don’t think that of Lewis, even more so with his virtue signalling, like claiming all old people shouldn’t have a platform! That has annoyed a fair few I can tell you.

Last edited:

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021

How was that Max’s fault though? And which F1 driver is gracious? That’s not in their natures. Would be nice to see Ferrari win at least a couple more races.

Last edited:

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Most of the teams are British lol, as in based in the U.K. but it is pantomime.
I expect more booing if Max wins today.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I know a few Brits who don’t think that of Lewis, even more so with his virtue signalling, like claiming all old people shouldn’t have a platform! That has annoyed a fair few I can tell you.

He didn’t say ‘all old people shouldn’t have a platform’ at all. He specified those with ‘outdated’ and racist views and most people I would say have agreed with him. Plenty of old people out there are able to refer to others without derogatory nicknames and those who have outdated views on black people were the very people he addressed. You missed that very crucial part out of your post

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
He didn’t say ‘all old people shouldn’t have a platform’ at all. He specified those with ‘outdated’ and racist views and most people I would say have agreed with him. Plenty of old people out there are able to refer to others without derogatory nicknames and those who have outdated views on black people were the very people he addressed. You missed that very crucial part out of your post
Exactly. Nothing wrong with old people. Just the language and outdated views that ‘some’ people still use.
Times have changed (thankfully). Still more to be done but we don’t need these outdated views in F1.

Rain and sun here in the UK. I’m a couple of hours from Silverstone, but it could be a changeable race. Best shot if we don’t want to see Max drive off is a downpour just after he changes to slicks, and sun as he changes to wets.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021

I watched the interview where he said it and I take it back, he did say in context it was older people with derogatory views. I read the media spin on it in the tabloids.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I watched the interview where he said it and I take it back, he did say in context it was older people with derogatory views. I read the media spin on it in the tabloids.

There’s a lot of articles out there spinning it that way so I can’t blame you at all. I read an article this morning where they try and suggest Max doesn’t like the atmosphere at Silverstone because of the booing, yet he clearly said in the interview ‘it’s disappointing but he loves the atmosphere overall’

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Exactly. Nothing wrong with old people. Just the language and outdated views that ‘some’ people still use.
Times have changed (thankfully). Still more to be done but we don’t need these outdated views in F1.

Rain and sun here in the UK. I’m a couple of hours from Silverstone, but it could be a changeable race. Best shot if we don’t want to see Max drive off is a downpour just after he changes to slicks, and sun as he changes to wets.

Why aren’t you there trackside! With your camera? Lol.
I was at Goodwood FOS last weekend and concluded next year I AM paying for grad stand seating, my poor legs. Not many F1 cars this year though. I did see Schumacher’s Benetton that he won his first title in though, had a chat to the owner.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Again, Lewis winning this weekend would be the best thing for we the fans... or anyone other than Max. And a VER DNF would be enormous.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Old school. Sounded amazing.

Attachments

• 395186E6-94F6-43F7-A224-7A8A5E3F7900.jpeg
    395186E6-94F6-43F7-A224-7A8A5E3F7900.jpeg
    594.8 KB · Views: 42

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Lewis to win? We would need both Ferrari’s to crash with both RBR for that to happen I’m afraid!

Especially on a track Silverstone as it’s one of the fastest on the calendar. I’d rather see Lando or Russell win to be honest, Lewis has won his home GP more than any driver in the history of the sport. It’s the young guns time to shine for me .

Hopefully it’s a wet race and it really mixes the field up. My brother is there today as he always is, lucky devil. Gets paid by Northampton police to walk around for the full three days!

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Especially on a track Silverstone as it’s one of the fastest on the calendar. I’d rather see Lando or Russell win to be honest, Lewis has won his home GP more than any driver in the history of the sport. It’s the young guns time to shine for me .

Hopefully it’s a wet race and it really mixes the field up. My brother is there today as he always is, lucky devil. Gets paid by Northampton police to walk around for the full three days!
Anyone but VER for me. Sianz pulling off a miracle would be great, or NOR, or Checo, or RUS would be a fine.

Heck what if it rains and ALO sneaks in a win... ?

I was not aware that LEC had a brother that raced as well... cool.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Anyone but VER for me. Sianz pulling off a miracle would be great, or NOR, or Checo, or RUS would be a fine.

Heck what if it rains and ALO sneaks in a win... ?

I was not aware that LEC had a brother that raced as well... cool.

I would be happy to see Carlos and even Alonso winning it too. When there’s not a British driver in the championship, it’s a bit more of a laid back affair lol. I’ll be honest I don’t really want Max winning it either but purely from a competitive point of view.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.