Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Rain on the plain will favor Carlos Sainz... lol. Not really...

...but maybe...?
Max and Lewis are the best in the rain. But the difference will be closer if there is some rain and some people get to put under SC etc.
But it’s just spitting so I think it will need to increase a lot for it to change things.

Reactions: pachyderm

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
The first GP I ever went to was the 1993 British GP, not sure if that Benetton in your pic is a 92 or 93? They sounded amazing back then.

I think it was a 94 if I remember. Another good bit of F1 news is this interview with Keanu who's at the British GP this weekend, he said they are going to make a documentary about Brawn and how it won its first season.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Halo saves another life thanks to stupid sausage kerbs. Remember when Max's car launched into Lewis head? Similar here thanks to these stupid dangerous kerbs.

Theirs a video in the article showing the accident in F2. About time they banned these stupid kerbs. They've broken drivers backs before too due to launching cars.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So with Max at the front and having got the soft tyres out of the way, he’s going to win for sure.
Great start for Lewis who could be on for a podium. But he’s in a Ferrari sandwich.
Alonso made the most of it as you’d expect. Forever the opportunist.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Looking on TikTok there are spectator videos and to be honest I think the fans sitting where the crash happened are very lucky. The video I’ve just seen shows the car impacting the fence right in front of them. I think there will be reviews on the barriers there after this

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
The race was stopped effectively at the first corner so it arguably never started since we're still on Lap 1. I wonder if they will force the cars to re-start on the same compound or will allow a change. I would not be surprised if the two-compound rule is still in effect, however.

After the Red Flag some "fans" made their way on track and were apprehended by the Northamptonshire Constabulary.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Looking on TikTok there are spectator videos and to be honest I think the fans sitting where the crash happened are very lucky. The video I’ve just seen shows the car impacting the fence right in front of them. I think there will be reviews on the barriers there after this

That was just as scary as Zhou’s crash. Crazy crash, glad he is ok. Easily could have been track personal fatalities if he was just 6’ further left.

Modifications required to the rules for that area or mechanical modifications.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
The race was stopped effectively at the first corner so it arguably never started since we're still on Lap 1. I wonder if they will force the cars to re-start on the same compound or will allow a change. I would not be surprised if the two-compound rule is still in effect, however.

After the Red Flag some "fans" made their way on track and were apprehended by the Northamptonshire Constabulary.

Edit: FIA currently contemplating changes……

No tire change was allowed unless there was a repair. Had to be the same compound replacing….

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Not fans. Idiots.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
To be fair, I don't think George could have gotten back to the pits under his own power and that seems to be what triggered the rule. Albon is also out for the same reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.