Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Possibly. But on fresh rubber hard to say. But great race to watch.
Christian making excuses for Max.
But with LeClerc not winning RB just step a bit closer to the WC.
I get the comments about Horner, but the biggest unknown in the paddock right now is just what is under those covers that make the RB18 so quick.

This was minor damage to the floor.

Adrian’s designs historically have been extremely fragile when something is cracked or disturbed.

Notice LeClerks Ferrari was hardly effected by loosing its front wing end foil.

Just sayin…… 😉

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Great race. Couldn’t take your eyes off it. Without the SC would Lewis have got the win? I suspect he would. But it was entertaining throughout.
Well apart from Max whining like a baby on the radio.
What the yellow was at the very end of the race?

Or am I imagining that?

Link...?

SAINZ!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pezimak

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Just watched the F1 official highlights video and so glad they Sky commentators were not used on the British FTA feed today. David Croft screaming over the top of the action reminds me of James Allen all those years ago and it must be so annoying listening to that every race. We need it full time back on channel 4 as today it was brilliant.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
290329187_10159168360583026_4901075410431307172_n.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just watched the F1 official highlights video and so glad they Sky commentators were not used on the British FTA feed today. David Croft screaming over the top of the action reminds me of James Allen all those years ago and it must be so annoying listening to that every race. We need it full time back on channel 4 as today it was brilliant.
It was. Last year they didn’t use their own commentary and it was awful.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
What a race. Usual Silverstone carnage lol. And Sainz first win!!! Smooooth operator...
lots of elbows getting out lol. Still exciting. Should keep the championship a little bit more close maybe?

OldMacPro2

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2022
Well, that was quite the race. I just finished watching British GP, off ESPN Go.

Say what you will about the new aero regulations, it certainly has made following a car much easier and thus led to a lot more drama at the front of the pack.

That multi lap duel between Perez, LeClare, and Hamilton was a real nail biter. You could hear the crowd roar when Lewis finally got past Charles and took off after Checko.

Congrats to Carlos. Being number two at Ferrari is never an easy job. (I always had a soft spot for Rubens Barrichello, and whenever he grabbed a win from Schumacher, I was cheering.)

Nigel Mansel said on the grid that Ferrari was keeping him in the garage as a good luck charm. Maybe he will follow them to Austria.

Last edited:
Reactions: pachyderm

NotTooLate

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2020
My boy Charles is getting murdered by Ferrari , I think he is going to replace Lewis when the times come , he is a poster boy for them , quick , mature , team player and can sell the brand really well , I just cant fathom how the entire grid moved to softs aside from him , crazy , also they didnt replace the front wing when he pitted early in the race , that alone was worth the lengthier stop.

Hoping for dry races so he can grab pole and just hope for no reliability issues and win some easy races , every race for him is a war , either its Max or Ferrari itself he needs to beat , I think they still have a very quick car , so hoping for some good results until the summer break.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
My boy Charles is getting murdered by Ferrari , I think he is going to replace Lewis when the times come , he is a poster boy for them , quick , mature , team player and can sell the brand really well , I just cant fathom how the entire grid moved to softs aside from him , crazy , also they didnt replace the front wing when he pitted early in the race , that alone was worth the lengthier stop.

Hoping for dry races so he can grab pole and just hope for no reliability issues and win some easy races , every race for him is a war , either its Max or Ferrari itself he needs to beat , I think they still have a very quick car , so hoping for some good results until the summer break.
Ferrari is a shambles. That they are winning races is mind blowing to me.

That said, I'm very happy for Carlos he and Lando are two of my faves.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I cannot recall Ferrari ever really having competent team management outside of the Brawn Era, to be honest. Alonso, Vettel and now LeClerc have all been screwed time and time again by missed calls, bad calls and general confusion on the pit wall.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I cannot recall Ferrari ever really having competent team management outside of the Brawn Era, to be honest. Alonso, Vettel and now LeClerc have all been screwed time and time again by missed calls, bad calls and general confusion on the pit wall.

That’s very true. Ferrari of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s were largely a shambles for the most part and much of that was partly down to Enzo’s arrogance and political hunger. They hit a sweet spot with their poaching from Benetton in the mid 90’s but seem to once again be competing technically with mediocre management struggling behind the scenes. It’s good to have them back in the mix though

OldMacPro2

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2022
Eww next weekend is a sprint race bah.
That’s very true. Ferrari of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s were largely a shambles for the most part and much of that was partly down to Enzo’s arrogance and political hunger. They hit a sweet spot with their poaching from Benetton in the mid 90’s but seem to once again be competing technically with mediocre management struggling behind the scenes. It’s good to have them back in the mix though
The fact that they struggle to win is simply due to the fact that F1 is F1.

“Flat out, flat broke”

Honda, Toyota, Ford, BMW…some of the largest and richest manufacturers have taken their swing at F1 and struck out. (Honda and Ford did win…but still gave up.)

That Fiat (aka Ferrari) can still put wins on the board says a lot in my book.

If you go WAY back, and look at Euro Grand Prix racing from the beginning, until now….two teams have tended to be dominate…Daimler-Benz…and Ferrari even when it was Alfa and Enzo ran the team, pre-WW2. D-B took a long break from F1 in the late 50s until the 90s. But almost every other era those two teams have dominated.

And I am not a fanboy of either team.

My favorite teams are Torro Rosso (aka Minardi), McLaren (purely sentimental), Hass, and Alpine (Renault). You can tell I like underdogs. 😎

Last edited:

OldMacPro2

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2022
If course it’s sarcasm, I said that in the closing laps of the race when Lewis was demonstrating to the Drive to Survive fans and Sir Jackie that they have no idea what there are talking about .
Well, the team let him down this year with the radical design change.

But after such a long run at the top, it was bound to happen. Looks like they are slowly working out the kinks.

McLaren better watch out for Alpine…even old man Alonso is putting on a good show this season.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.