Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
I'm going to call Apple and see if they can change my shipping from standard delivery to express, LOL. Yeah, I got nothing better to do.

1662726883142.png

genova35

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Yay! iPhone Week! Looking to this year's trip with you all from China to all of our doorsteps!

Got into the store at 8:00am (Boston Time) and confirming email at 8:01am.

14 Pro Max Silver 256GB.

Reactions: _Spinn_ and Brad7

cswx

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Same thing here. Really weaseled out of giving the advertised $1000 trade-in credit. Had to order through Apple and lost launch window AND didn't get the full trade-in credit amount. What a load of crap.
Was banking on the same as well but still managed to get launch day instore pickup buying the phone outright. I plan on complaining. Waiting for a callback.

8000XE

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2015
I got a text and email confirmation to pickup in store (Order number in email). Nothing showing in my order page, however the apple watches are there. We'll see

Reactions: Brad7

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
Same. Didn't show 9/23 or "delivery by postal service" until after I clicked "place order."

Store also didn't come online until 8:15 am for me.

Bad experience.
Mine showed Delivery on 9/16 after clicking Place Order. I just happened to look at the email that came about 10 minutes later and it says 9/23 by postal service. I'll wait to see what happens.

Exiled212

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2022
Grundy, VA
Well dumb me wasn't paying attention when I preordered. Thought I ordered a 14 Pro Max but I ordered a Pro. The first time I won’t have a pro max. Oh well, at least I’m getting it on launch day.

• Wow
Reactions: Wolfs

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I'm going to call Apple and see if they can change my shipping from standard delivery to express, LOL. Yeah, I got nothing better to do.

View attachment 2054786
Won't make a difference. Express will still deliver no earlier than launch day. I had a problem with my 12.9" iPad Pro order a year and a half ago, and they upgraded me to express shipping for free. Still got it launch day, so it was a zero-sum win lol.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
This is the first year I've had issues pre-ordering. What kind of stock does Apple typically have in-store on launch day?

With the 13 series some stores only had a handful of devices at launch and had a seriously miniscule drip feed of phones coming in every couple of days for a period of several weeks after release. If we're talking phones assigned for 'walk in' customers in context with how quickly the ship times have just fallen back you're gonna want to be basically one of the first 10 people walking into the store if you want a specific model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.