Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Am I the only one noticing low demand this year? This is unprecedented.

40 minutes in and almost all Pro (not Max) Model still offer September 18 delivery. Even Pro Max still has it for some models. Low demand on Purple, highest demand on Space Black. Better demand on Gold than Silver.

Anyways, I got myself 14 Pro Max Space Black 256 GB. I was going to go for purple but changed my mind yesterday last few minutes before they closed the get ready thing.

Catchmyvibeee

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2022
I ended up buying the iPhone 14 Pro Max 256gb outright instead of financing through T-mobile. Will complain to T-mobile customer service later. Have Sept 16 early morning pickup.
I did this as well instead of financing through T-Mobile .

Reactions: cswx

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Well dumb me wasn't paying attention when I preordered. Thought I ordered a 14 Pro Max but I ordered a Pro. The first time I wonā€™t have a pro max. Oh well, at least Iā€™m getting it on launch day.
You can likely swap it out if you have a store nearby. Here in Austin they usually have stock that weekend and I've seen plenty of people looking to exchange. I THINK if you check your Apple store around 8AM that day is when they will get deliveries you can see if the Pro Max you wanted was in stock and reserve that way to do the exchange.

Reactions: Exiled212

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
" data-source="post: 31425374" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
That veterans discount probably cost you that delay. All is well! Congratulations!!!

Yeah and a lot of refreshing as well. Itā€™s fine. Iā€™m in no rush. My wife is though and she gets hers. I had the option of picking up the 16th but an hour away and Iā€™m lazy.

cswx

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I had to order one for pickup on another island - lol. There aren't any Apple Stores on Kauai. Guess I'll use it as an excuse to take a day trip to Oahu.

Please let me know what you hear from T-Mobile. I knew there would be some slowness with that EIP process, but I figured it would just be an extra agreement or two to sign, not a complete inability to order. So annoying.
I just got off the phone with them an apparently their systems are overwhelmed. You can't place an order for the phone through the t-mobile app or website and there are issues doing it through the apple website with phone number verification. Best bet if you want launch day is the buy the phone without financing and complain afterwards.

• Wow
Reactions: Brad7

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
It sucks that so many folks had issues! ā˜¹ļø A company like Apple should be able to handle this smoothly!

travesty89

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2015
Goodnessā€¦Appleā€™s site was rough. Iā€™m on a flight and using in-plane wifi, so thought perhaps that was the issue. I had a checkout link available at around 7:15 CT, but Apple Pay crashed on me. Finally got it in around 7:30. No email yet, but said 9/16 delivery. 14 Pro 256GB. We shall see.

Reactions: ksujoel

SML404

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Well my experience sucked. Iā€™m not sure if my order has been placed. Lots of errors and spinning circles when going through the process. Apple Pay crashed too. I did get a confirmation email but the order cannot be found in the app. Iā€™ll have to call Apple and see if it actually went through. By the time the email came it says delivery on the 23rdā€¦ If itā€™s actually even ordered ughā€¦. Thereā€™s no pending charge on my account either.

• Sad
Reactions: Brad7

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
My two pre-orders have disappeared from the order status page. I still got the confirmation emails though.

Not sure whatā€™s happening with Apple here, should I re-order?
I'd leave it. My AirPods didn't show up right away either but are there now. This happens regularly this time of year. Do you have the order emails at least?

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Does anyone know if the billing address can be changed after the fact? Apple keeps disconnecting my call and chat because they're overloaded (understandable).
As long as it's Billing and not Shipping addresses, you should be ok. If this is for IUP, you would have to contact Citizens One Bank to change your Billing address. If your Credit card cleared and you got the confirmation e-mail and shipping address is good, you should be ok to at least let this wave of pre-orders die down so you can get with a service rep to correct the issue.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
9/16 delivery for both my 256GB Purple Pro Max & my wife's 256GB Purple Pro. Only thing - do any of y'all know...so, she has literally ONE payment left on her iPhone 12 - which is the 24th. It's due on the 22nd. (I tried to get her to upgrade last year and she didn't want to, lol) I know you can call Citizens One to pay it early but I figured I could just start a new loan with the current one still going and it would end the 22nd, anyway.

I put enroll in the iUP, not already a member...however when the order was completed, it still said we'll be sent a trade-in kit. I don't want to send back the old phone. Do you know how I get this to be part of the iUP without the trade-in? Or do I just simply not send the old phone and wait til the payment comes off?

gaedfly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Store opened at 8:01, placed my IUP order at 8:02 for a sliver Pro Max 512gb, launch day delivery. Never liked sliver, always got black, but the silver looks more white than silver except for the chrome-looking sides and I love the color so went with that again this year. My clear MagSafe case is arriving 9/12 and I ordered the ESR tempered glass screen protector 3-pack from Amazon. Thing is so slippery, too easy to drop. Those screen protectors have saved my screen so many times. Go figure that they changed the dimensions by enough of a tiny amount that my Pro 13 Max MagSafe case won't fit. That's ok, it's dinged up anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfs

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Received my confirmation order email finally. About 15 minutes after the order went through on their desktop site.

Reactions: Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.