Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

EW406

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Montana
Why do preorders seem to get easier and easier every year? 😂
I remember the days of panic clicking at 2AM all wired off 3 cans of Red Bull to stay awake all night.
Now I sip a coffee at 6 AM after a decent nights sleep with two clicks to check out.
8981F1AF-4960-4E03-8C94-97EFAAA29B6A.jpeg

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
Order placed! 14 Pro Max 256GB Deep Purple with 11:15 AM pickup window on launch. :D

I had to use the unlocked option since my AT&T upgrade still requires a payoff of my previous agreement but I can pay that in the Apple Store when I pick up my phone.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I already got charged for something… weird amount on my AmEx. Must be taxes or something
For IUP, they do charge taxes and First Monthly installment up front. It may change by a few cents when it actually clears because of state sales tax charges.

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
You can likely swap it out if you have a store nearby. Here in Austin they usually have stock that weekend and I've seen plenty of people looking to exchange. I THINK if you check your Apple store around 8AM that day is when they will get deliveries you can see if the Pro Max you wanted was in stock and reserve that way to do the exchange.
Also you could try getting on to order a PM right now and cancel the Pro?

ReneL

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Held at the hub? What is that? Do you mean the hub of the shipping carrier? If so, didn't know that was an option. Would probably beat sweating waiting all day for the truck. Can you share more details?

stellablue96

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Well that was the worst preorder experience I have ever had. Always in the upgrade program and never usually have issues. It is now 8:45 and I finally got in my order after seeing error messages for the last 45 minutes. Have to pick it up since delivery was already in October.

benson304

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
TX
Why do preorders seem to get easier and easier every year? 😂
I remember the days of panic clicking at 2AM all wired off 3 cans of Red Bull to stay awake all night.
Now I sip a coffee at 6 AM after a decent nights sleep with two clicks to check out.
View attachment 2054847
Was thinking the same thing this morning, I had to refresh the app maybe twice, then clicked a button and it was done. I still felt the anxiety rising because of the past but it was simple.

Reactions: _Spinn_ and EW406

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Wow, shipping date for even the silver, which may be the least popular, has slipped to October. I think that was quicker than last year.

Surprisingly purple is the least popular across both Pro models. Space Black has the highest demand with silver coming second and gold at third.

(This is based on estimated delivery date and assuming Apple has equal number of units for each color)

Reactions: happy orchard

emperormacnut

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
Yep... never had such a bumpy experience before after pre-saving all my config and payment details. I did everything by the books and was refreshing at 4:59am, still had a ton of issues.
It’s back! Whew! As long as we have a confirmation and email and order number, it doesn’t matter how screwed the apple store app gets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.