Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
had pre order all ready, in iPhone upgrade program, checked out as soon as app opened after refreshing and got late Sept-Oct delivery. That’s such BS
Same, really bad experience on Apple's part. Then I noticed my local store had some available launch day so I placed a second order to secure a Sep 16 pickup. I will cancel the order that I pre-saved with a Sep 28 - Oct 3 delivery once it even shows up on my account (right now orders aren't even loading, I keep getting Errors- both on iOS and desktop)

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Well that was a nightmare for me. Took me 30 mins to finally get my order in. Used their desktop site. Kept having to start from the beginning as there would be errors along the way. The site was messed up for sure while I was using it. I haven't even gotten a confirmation email even though my order did go through and I do see it listed while logged into my store account.

(I did pickup on launch day and wanted to split the bill. Kept losing my pickup window and some items to fill in simply wouldn't work properly along the way. Shame.)

• Sad
Reactions: Shh

jt1968

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2017
Yes. Apple screwed the pooch this time. 😡🤬🔥
My order actually went through, and delivery is September 16!!!!

looks like the white screen with the rotating circle and the deleted order message was false. Probably just due to their ordering system being overloaded.

Attachments

• 0E6CDC96-57C6-42B7-A067-78F1F485D066.jpeg
    0E6CDC96-57C6-42B7-A067-78F1F485D066.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 55

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Does anyone know if the billing address can be changed after the fact? Apple keeps disconnecting my call and chat because they're overloaded (understandable).

Nick A

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2009
I ordered 4 phones in total for myself & my family. All showing delivery on the 16th. Interestingly 2 of the orders already changed from "Order Placed" to "Order in Progress." The other 2 just say "Order Placed". Not sure if that means anything..

harrypraneeth

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2015
My two pre-orders have disappeared from the order status page. I still got the confirmation emails though.

Not sure what’s happening with Apple here, should I re-order?

Reactions: Dstopsie

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
Ordered twice, pick up and delivery. Need to see if I can get the day off to go pick it up and enjoy a nice afternoon.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
The app wouldn’t let me do in-store pickup. Should I be able to ask UPS to hold my package for pickup pretty easily?

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Was banking on the same as well but still managed to get launch day instore pickup buying the phone outright. I plan on complaining. Waiting for a callback.
I had to order one for pickup on another island - lol. There aren't any Apple Stores on Kauai. Guess I'll use it as an excuse to take a day trip to Oahu.

Please let me know what you hear from T-Mobile. I knew there would be some slowness with that EIP process, but I figured it would just be an extra agreement or two to sign, not a complete inability to order. So annoying.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Anyone else’s order disappear from their app?
Yep... never had such a bumpy experience before after pre-saving all my config and payment details. I did everything by the books and was refreshing at 4:59am, still had a ton of issues.

overlyunderme

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Houston
The pre-order thing was pretty handy. Had everything loaded up and ordered at 7:10 CT. 14 Pro Max 512 GB Black will be ready for pickup on Sep. 16th along with Series 8 stainless steel watch.

ac360

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2018
I got the 14 Pro Max Silver.

Partner got the 14 Pro Space Black.

Both with a delivery date of 9/16 which will be our nerd Christmas. Will be opening up presents which we paid big bucks for ourselves lol. Should we leave milk and cookies for the UPS driver? Hahahaha

Reactions: iHeartsteve

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
My two pre-orders have disappeared from the order status page. I still got the confirmation emails though.

Not sure what’s happening with Apple here, should I re-order?
Same thing happened to me. You have the conformation emails so you should be fine. My phone came back up on the Order page but not my AirPods Pro. your order will come back.

cptcaveman

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2005
It's funny my pre-order hasn't appeared in the Orders section with my other orders yet, even though I have received a confirmation email and pickup details for it. Apple's systems must be getting slammed!

Reactions: Brad7

kring

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Connecticut
Now here’s this years big question? Will apple and citizenOne work together again to screw everyone out of a 13th payment? Sneaky little trick they did last year where they timed the shipments and return processing so that Citizen one can charge a 13th payment even though your returned the phone and it’s stuck in their processing….

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.