Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I remember people were able to get UPS to hold their iPhones at their CC last year? I think you'll need to call UPS and track the right person down. It's not impossible.

Last year I ordered my phone and while in shipping I changed the address to a ups location and it worked

Thank you for the responses/help. I really appreciate it!!

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Correct! I've only had 2-3 hours of sleep. Microsoft Explorer. Wait. Internet explorer does exists, dude.

1200px-Internet_Explorer_10%2B11_logo.svg.png
This is Internet Explorer...

Payton34

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Chicago, IL
I’ve told people for years the best way to secure the next generation iPhone at launch is to use the app on the iPhone. I preordered everything yesterday and ordered today right at 7:00am CST with a confirmation email received at the same time. Scheduled delivery 9/16.

It works every year.

Reactions: Dstopsie

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
Placed order within first 2 minutes, also checked after I ordered and delivery dates were still 9/16.
Mine is nearly the same. Finished ordering by 8:06, was told 9/16 during ordering. Email arrives at 8:16 with 9/23 by Postal Service. Wonder if the change from Standard Delivery to Postal Service is the issue, and what would be behind that nomenclature or actual service change....? (Hmmm, Fed Ex and UPS are just plain full that day, let's give it to the post office....)

• Wow
Reactions: 5105973

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Ordered for in-store pickup on the 16th and checked out through Apple Pay and somehow it switched me to delivery on the 16th instead! Anyone else experience this?
I chose in-store pickup and the only times listed were 9:15 - 9:30. When I chose that it said not available so I'm getting delivery also. More times available now but Verizon won't let me order again without cancelling the original order and I'm not going there.

Reactions: naturalstar

SharepointGuy

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
Rhode Island
AT&T site was an absolute failure (usually it's pretty good and even lets you order 5 - 10 minutes early) so ended up going through the Apple store finally at 8:07 once the waiting screen finally went away. The shipping date is Sept 28 - Oct 3rd for the Pro Max 512 GB SB which is disappointing but I'll live vicariously through all of you until it arrives.

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
And I'm using ghetto iPhone XR power. I started freaking out when it asked me to update my phone number.
Hadn't thought of that. Maybe I was having iP11 speed/power issues.

Nope. Can't blame the phone. Especially when buying another phone. That would indicate some other issues with the consumer.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Do you see it under For You --> Recent Orders? For a few minutes, I couldn't open my order, but it's now loading fine with 9/16 Standard Delivery. Did you get a confirmation email?
It may appear in Recent Orders and then disappear for a while and then come back. Happened to me today and this has happened before.

Reactions: hungryteresa
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.