Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
I actually thought I wouldn't be able to pre-order without my carrier installment plan set up so I even backed out of the Apple Store, went to the AT&T app and waited for that to load, didn't get anywhere with AT&T and went back to the Apple Store app, and the Deep Purple 256GB Pro Max with in-store pickup was still available on launch day.

I took it as a sign for sure! LOL

Docsta80

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Alright... That was the most frustrating I've had a pre-order be in a long time. Got the 'finishing touches' for a while, and when I finally got in (had to REBOOT my phone) it was SLOW. Every step was met with loading circles and delays, then the T-Mobile EIP completely did not work at all (told me my phone # is inactive????). By the time I dealt with all this I had long since lost a launch day window. Finally got an order in and it gave me a Sep 28-30 window, but right after that order went in the site said Oct 3-10, so I have a bad feeling my order will actually be pushed into that window. Made ANOTHER order for pickup on Sunday 9/18 in Honolulu, which is on another island and will require a flight, but it's a cheap and fast flight.

Really horrible experience, partially Apple's fault and partially T-Mobile's fault.
same damn bs with me. It STILL wont work and tells me im inactive....been trying since 8am...ugh How did you get yours to work?

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I had a strange experience with my case order. They shipped it to my old address, and that address has been deleted from everywhere it’s supposed to be. I checked and double checked, and it’s as if Apple pulled that address from the clouds.
Yep! That's what happened to me. I ended up placing a second order with the correct address and I'm hoping I can still cancel the first order at some point this morning.

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
So many of you got your orders in at 5:01-5:03 how did ya'll get into the Apple app store? I was still refreshing it.
I got in at 5:01 using the apple store app. 3 clicks and was done. 256gb Pro Space Black. Arrives Fri. Sept 16. Sorry everyone that had issues you are where I was at this time last year so I feel your frustration. :)

cptcaveman

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2005
I knocked back a launch day pickup for Sunday 18th in-store pickup for my SB PM 512 and SB PM 256.

I have plans. Sorry 🤣

I got in at 5:01 using the apple store app. 3 clicks and was done. 256gb Pro Space Black. Arrives Fri. Sept 16. Sorry everyone that had issues you are where I was at this time last year so I feel your frustration. :)
Congratulations!!! Launch day delivery. Here we go.

rhemy123

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2021
Am I the only one noticing low demand this year? This is unprecedented.

40 minutes in and almost all Pro (not Max) Model still offer September 18 delivery. Even Pro Max still has it for some models. Low demand on Purple, highest demand on Space Black. Better demand on Gold than Silver.

Anyways, I got myself 14 Pro Max Space Black 256 GB. I was going to go for purple but changed my mind yesterday last few minutes before they closed the get ready thing.
Well we are headed into a recession. People back in the office or still working from home. Likely many people have other issues besides an iPhone. I wasn’t going to upgrade this year, but I felt the turn in value was fair enough. Delivery dates have slipped for the black and white in my area, but in store pickup is still available.

It could also be that people don’t realize they can just go pick up the phone or that Apple made enough this year because it’s basically the same phone minimal changes needed for manufacturing.

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
I had no issues. I set my s*it up for this moment!!!!
I had everything all set up too. Clean pre-pre-order. Had three devices refreshing on the Apple Store app. Just sometimes go wonky even when you prepare. Hopefully all that preparation helps us do better when/if it does go wonky.

Reactions: 5105973

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Alright... That was the most frustrating I've had a pre-order be in a long time. Got the 'finishing touches' for a while, and when I finally got in (had to REBOOT my phone) it was SLOW. Every step was met with loading circles and delays, then the T-Mobile EIP completely did not work at all (told me my phone # is inactive????). By the time I dealt with all this I had long since lost a launch day window. Finally got an order in and it gave me a Sep 28-30 window, but right after that order went in the site said Oct 3-10, so I have a bad feeling my order will actually be pushed into that window. Made ANOTHER order for pickup on Sunday 9/18 in Honolulu, which is on another island and will require a flight, but it's a cheap and fast flight.

Really horrible experience, partially Apple's fault and partially T-Mobile's fault.
Dude. That's determination: I am going to fly to a whole other island to get this phone! I love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.