Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
For regular peons who ordered a 14 or 14 Plus, the shipping dates are different depending on the trim (does not depend on color, storage or carrier).

14 will deliver on launch day.
14 Plus will deliver on Oct 7.

Is that expected ?

MinimeJer05

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
Got an email saying there was a problem with my payment (Apple Card) and when I tried to login to “fix” it, it says to try again later. Walking into a doctors Appt right now. Hopefully I can get on a chat with someone afterwards to sort it out. 😭

• Wow
Reactions: max2 and Brad7

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
For regular peons who ordered a 14 or 14 Plus, the shipping dates are different depending on the trim (does not depend on color, storage or carrier).

14 will deliver on launch day.
14 Plus will deliver on Oct 7.

Is that expected ?
Yup they said that during announcement

Reactions: 4sallypat

gaedfly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Nothing like trying to order with a 60 pound collie on your lap, trying to lick your screen, your face, your hands-he's a morning person! Finally got in the store at about 6:05, it made me add security code and take the hyphen out of my last name. Deep Purple 14P 9/16 delivery 🎉

Mr Wolfs being passive aggressive and has not ordered his yet. Whatever! I'm too tired this morning for passive aggressive 🐂💩

Yay for all of us! Let the tracking begin! ✈️
I feel your pain, I have 5 new kittens and they climb all over my face and are fascinated with my phone, Challenging to place my order too.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Weird, ordered 14 Pro Purple first, got postal delivery on the 23rd
3 min later ordered 14 PM Space Black and got 16th via standard delivery

Purple Pro still available for 16th locally and on the website
I wonder if Apple has a stock of certain model in-country and that decides the delivery method.

Reactions: Brad7

valleian

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
New York
PHEW! That was a rollercoaster! My partner got his Apple Store App to open almost immediately (~8:01) and was able to sail to pre-order for his Deep Purple iPhone 14 Pro Max, but gave him the glitch about In-Store Pickup, and when he placed it, it had home delivery listed (With a Launch Day 9/16 delivery date, so that is great nonetheless).

I finally get in around 8:05ish, sail through Pre-Order, attempt to do In-Store Pickup, didn’t get much of a fight, but it glitched on me as well, and after placing the order, had switched me to a 9/16 (yay!) home delivery.

Deep Purple iPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB

Same thing then happened with the phone I ordered for my mother (Space Black iPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB).

So now, after all that, we are all sitting pretty with 9/16 home delivery. I really thought we we gonna all get In-Store Pickup, and I was gonna be following along on this thread for all the excitement and hype, as well as the healthy doses of drama over the next week, BUT, now it looks like I will be in the thick of it, right alongside you lovely folks!

Let the tracking madness begin!

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Got an email saying there was a problem with my payment (Apple Card) and when I tried to login to “fix” it, it says to try again later. Walking into a doctors Appt right now. Hopefully I can get on a chat with someone afterwards to sort it out. 😭
Dude, I totally thought that you were going to write that you're walking into a doctor's appointment right now to see if she/he can fix it for me. :)

rhemy123

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2021
The app wouldn’t let me do in-store pickup. Should I be able to ask UPS to hold my package for pickup pretty easily?
Yes once it moves to shipping. If you pick a distribution center to hold it. You can go get it in the morning after the trucks leave for the day.

Reactions: xxray and Brad7

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
The 23rd date, and Postal Service delivery!? The audacity. Apple is probably like.. poor people financing?! Give them a Postal Service delivery and let em wait another week. We don't speak in poor.

I’ve been placed with the “Apple poors” too. 😤

I just wanted to see what would happen. Had I known it would change from the 16th, I would have picked in-store pickup for later in the evening or Saturday. May see if I can change it later… Or I should have stayed in bed. Le sigh.
FBE98419-9DFF-4EEF-8EB1-8A15CF964A12.jpeg

cptcaveman

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2005
I usually go with black, but skipped it this year. Was debating going with Deep Purple, but went with Silver for the first time since the iPhone 5. I am hyped!
I used to go with silver/white, but once I went space grey/black/graphite with that black Apple leather case I could never go back to the clear silicon case that I think it needs. Now I am stuck on black, year in year out 😀

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.