Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
What is Express Delivery?
For a launch day promise, its really nothing. Apple says it will be there on the 16th then it will be there on the 16th.

For other things you can pay $8? for express and it will get there a few days earlier than standard shipping.

There are reports of some people getting their phones early. Often its locations such as AUS, where its almost Saturday there. Or someone has a 'connection' with one of the shippers (which isn't supposed to happen)

Reactions: valleian and Brad7

vit_don

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2017
every year same thing. Certain IP and states dont get it open at 8 the store.. I find it always on purpose.
had two pre-orders saved for 14pro/purple and 14pro max/black. app did not refresh until 8:06am EST for me (Virginia). 14pro/purple got for 9/16, but 14pro max/black was pushed to sept 28-oct 3.

Reactions: michael31986

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Well here is my status even though I checked and got my card info updated apple somehow grabbed from somewhere my old card. I had it updated for the pre pre approval and the loan thing went through so I assume it went to the new card. But when I clicked the order went, gave me email it was ordered and then later said on hold and I need to update payment info of course the system is bogged down cannot check to update it from order page

However I went through the browser store app in my account and sure enough one more darn place with old card. I updated it but sure enough the order, and servers are not finding that I corrected this one location. I had corrected in in Apple Pay to new card, ad on the apple store app via my phone so supposedly everywhere the card was updated. But why through the website version of store my card was still old info I will never know.

I think it will take too long for my order to find the update and after while says it will be canceled if not fixed. I may just wait and get a phone some other time. This opening day stress is not fun any longer it should be simple but it is not. This is third year in a row with issues for me.

Yes I am discouraged and thats a true first world problem I will live but I am about to say the heck with the IUP process and just save money for couple years and buy a new phone from time to time off pre order season when I can wait for when ever apple sends it to me.

So probably will just fade away here and let you all enjoy the journey I am not going to be on. Cheers have a good day.
2FEA0DFE-ACCD-4582-8494-C163A97DC6E9.jpeg
B95B3ED2-BB46-4931-948A-D3CB0F5184F4.jpeg
D48B4A38-AFFD-417E-8713-6E90B164D97E.jpeg

Last edited:

magbarn

macrumors 68030
Oct 25, 2008
I had the same hiccups on the App Store and couldn't order until 5:09 PST. Initially said 9-16 when I clicked place order, but now it says 9-28 to 10-3 on my confirmation email. Would I get it sooner if I cancelled it and tried my luck on daily apple store refresh for pickup? Going on a trip on 9-28 and I don't want it sitting at UPS hold for a week as it will likely get shipped back.

• Wow
Reactions: happy orchard

Turtle353

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
I have a 512 right now and am using 380gb. Went with 1TB this go around due to the bigger camera.
I have 13 pro max 256GB and I’m pretty good using my iCloud storage so I think I’ll be ok, but if not, I’ll upgrade next year and learn better data management skills this year.

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Same boat. At least in my case, it pulled the (outdated) billing address saved in the Apple Store app — normally fine, but I recently moved. I’m going to call in a few hours, but I think we’re fine given we have order numbers. Apple should also contact if there’s a billing issue before outright canceling.
Yep, exact same thing. I swear I have changed that address multiple times. Are you in the iUP? I’m not super stressed about it, but it just seems like a lot of people are getting put through the ringer, so I’ll just feel better once it’s fixed

Reactions: Brad7

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
doing in store pickup trade-in next week. can’t wait to hold my new 14PM 🥰.
Is in-store trade in an option if you’re picking up your iPhone in-store? Last year I played the game of watching for inventory to order me from a store in order to do this. I recall an uptick of phones being stolen out of their return boxes (or an uptick in threads about it, anyways). Makes me slightly paranoid to do the mail-in trade-in thing. 😬

DJLC

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
North Carolina
IUP year 7... and I got my launch day ships this year! 9/16! Deep purple, 256GB, Pro Max. Stoked.

FWIW, my first two order attempts in the Apple Store app failed. But the third press of the button worked fine. I think the store came up for me around 8:07ET, and I had done the pre-approval and submitted my choices on Wednesday evening.

Merry iPhonemas, everyone!

Daran1977

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I zipped through so fast after I got in, but I don't think that in store pickup was available. I would have preferred that as I would have asked the staff there to update the iPhone to iOS 16 before I left the store. iOS 16 is coming out on Sep 12. iPhone delivery is on Sep 16. I will fully back up my iPhone 12 Pro Max in iTunes and restore the new phone from the backup, but the new phone will have to be updated to iOS 16 if I want to update my 12 PM to iOS 16, which I do. Since I have delivery instead of pickup, I'll probably contact UPS to hold at the UPS hub for my area and I'll pick it up there. Will save some time in getting the phone.
The phones will come with 16

Reactions: Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.