Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Is in-store trade in an option if youā€™re picking up your iPhone in-store? Last year I played the game of watching for inventory to order me from a store in order to do this. I recall an uptick of phones being stolen out of their return boxes (or an uptick in threads about it, anyways). Makes me slightly paranoid to do the mail-in trade-in thing. šŸ˜¬

yes it is. they will charge your card for the full price but when you trade it in youā€™ll get the difference back.

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
I was able to get two iPhone 14 Pro Max 512GB for 9/16 delivery. Deep purple and space black.

I had both my phone and my wifeā€™s phone set up for pre pre order. At 8AM, I was able to get into the Apple store app on my wifeā€™s phone immediately and placed the order for the deep purple. On my phone, I couldnā€™t get into the Apple store app until 8:05/06. Once I got in, I was able to place the order.

iPhone 12 Pro Max -> iPhone 14 Pro Max Deep purple

iPhone 13 Pro Max -> iPhone 14 Pro Max Space black (IUP)
I wonder if this has anything to do with the Apple store not loading immediately.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Wolfs Jr in Texas got right in and done with his first IUP under his own credit as a new grad, with an Apple Card he applied for yesterday. Wolfsette in NYC had all sorts of problems with her phenomenal credit and Apple Card she got yesterday. Her order was finally completed 30 min after the store opened. 128 gb 14P in Space Black for him, Deep Purple for her, even she got day 1 delivery. I wonder if they made a ton of the base storage model phones?
Looks like the military guys are hooked on the purple. Lol. I wouldnā€™t have thought that!
Purple Heart purple!
Well ... this is going to be me every day for the next week:

online_package_tracking.png
Live look in at @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—
Can we just move Christmas to September and get delivery date declared a national holiday?
I always feel like Labor Day should be New Years Day-feels like the year is starting with fall, school starting, football, etc. Let's just redo the whole calendar!

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Are you all able to see your orders under order status? I placed three orders (two iphones and aipods pro), but when I go to order status none of my orders are showing. I did receive the confirmation emails though.
Me too. Think we're safe just waiting until the madness dies down. I did forward the confirmation emails to a couple other email accounts, so if I were to accidentally delete it in one place, I'd still have proof elsewhere.

Reactions: Brad7

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
So, for the first time in 11 years, I wonā€™t work on launch day. Iā€™ll be able to get my new phones all set up and ready to go just in time to test the new low light performanceā€¦

My daughterā€™s b-day gift of a Panic! at the Disco concert will be a prime way to test low light right off the bat.
My daughter just took me to see Rage Against the Machine on my birthday. So fun to go to concerts with your kids! Have a blast!
It's been UPS for NYC metro at least. I thought Apple stopped using FedEx?
UPS for delivery. FedEx for device returns

Casey05

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2011
Any chance those who ordered right away and for some reason got late September shipments get it next week?

Iā€™ve preordered for years now and this is the first time itā€™s happened. Iā€™m in the iPhone upgrade program too which is especially frustrating

whiteshadoww

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Santa Monica, CA
I donā€™t have any other items open. I open the app and if it said almost there or not ready, I close it entirely, then open again, and i keep doing that. What you should never do is leave the app open without clearing it entirely as if it was never opened. I am pretty quick and have always gotten launch day delivery every single year. I never use my iPad or the apple.com website to order. In my experienice since the Apple Store app existed it always comes up first.

i got my confirmation for my iphone deep purple 256gb at 5:01am, AirPods Pro 2 at 5:02am.
Great advice. Have only one app open (Apple store app) and close and reopen (close by flicking it away). Apple.com on my MacBook Pro came online around 5:06. I ordered the same way and finished by 00:01 past the hour. 14ProMax SG 256

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.