Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

ShiftLft

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2017
9/23 Postal Service update:

I finally got Apple on the phone and she said the 'system is so overloaded' and all of the orders are still processing. She said she had never heard of postal service delivery and it's always been UPS or FedEx in the past. She said she nor I can make any changes to the order now, and that it will take hours (up to 24 hours) to allow changes to be made to the order. I suppose I'm going to keep stalking my order for an update and then consider changing to in store pickup if spots remain available at my local store.

It just doesn't add up since 9/16 delivery was still readily available for my 256GB Black Pro up to an hour after my order where I got 9/23 postal service. Either the 9/23 thing won't be true and it will come by 9/16 or Apple is introducing the postal service option and randomly assigning orders to it since a lot of you folks in here ordered immediately and got 9/23 postal service.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Finally got in. Store pickup was available and then notā€¦ guess Iā€™ll have to ask UPS to hold at the facility?

Does Apple use UPS or FedEx for IPhone deliveries. Iā€™ve been doing in store pickup the past few years but this year my store wasnā€™t showing available time slots after 4 tryā€™s so I gave up an ordered delivery.

Pedicone1211

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Wilmington, DE

I finally got Apple on the phone and she said the 'system is so overloaded' and all of the orders are still processing. She said she had never heard of postal service delivery and it's always been UPS or FedEx in the past. She said she nor I can make any changes to the order now, and that it will take hours (up to 24 hours) to allow changes to be made to the order. I suppose I'm going to keep stalking my order for an update and then consider changing to in store pickup if spots remain available at my local store.

It just doesn't add up since 9/16 delivery was still readily available for my 256GB Black Pro up to an hour after my order where I got 9/23 postal service. Either the 9/23 thing won't be true and it will come by 9/16 or Apple is introducing the postal service option and randomly assigning orders to it since a lot of you folks in here ordered immediately and got 9/23 postal service.
Same boat here.

twinpeaks_sf

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2015
Lamorinda, CA, USA
Yep, exact same thing. I swear I have changed that address multiple times. Are you in the iUP? Iā€™m not super stressed about it, but it just seems like a lot of people are getting put through the ringer, so Iā€™ll just feel better once itā€™s fixed
Yeah ā€” iUP. LMK what they say if you call. If I do, Iā€™ll ask to change billing but if they canā€™t, I will ask they donā€™t touch it. It should all sort and I donā€™t want to lose šŸš€ day.

Some how I made it to work on time. It smells like dead rats šŸ€ outside. Our runways are empty šŸ˜‚

1662731889467.jpeg

TheSmartDoc

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2021
Hi everyone i wanted to ask you two questions. I payed using apple pay and if god forbids it doesn't go thru because it just shows 0.00 pending at the wallet app as of right now (during me paying it showed the red ! then it put up the order confirmation) will the order be cancelled or can i use a different payment method in that unlikely circumstance? my second question is if i chose store pick up am i still able to track it or is that online for regular shipping? Thank you and GL to everyone

Reactions: Brad7

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006

Iā€™ll say this much - if it *is* USPS, I would have paid to have FedEx or UPS.

• Wow
Reactions: bnekic and Brad7

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006

Well, clearly there are a bunch of orders like this, which from experience (and from the Apple rep above) are strange. I've never seen "postal service" and clearly all reported ones that say this are also stating a 7 day delay.. My suspicion and hope is this will shortly revert to "standard delivery" and launch day delivery. Just for interests sake and to see if there are any patterns - I finished my order at 8:06, said 9/16 through the process (until the email). it's a pro (not max) purple 256. ATT installment, and I'm in NY state, semi-rural area. Always had UPS launch day delivery before.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014

Well I am screwed then. If 24 hours somehow on one aspect of apple online store (web site) my old card info was there. I updated it in the app on iphone/ipad. And my pre pre order went through quick so assumed it grabbed the updated card info. But no some how it went to the old data on the web site for the online store. I have changed the info there now via my account login but when I try to change for the order (update payement info) I get errors and of course cannot get through in chat or phones right now but if they cannot change for me and I cannot change I guess my order is fubar for 24 hours and by that time either order is dead or delayed past opening day. I almost did not do this IUP this year and maybe for my sanitā€™s and stress level that would have been better. You would think after all these years apple would have enough ways to contact and update such errors but no they still bog down in those preorder days. It is not worth it to me as a customer so maybe its time to just give up

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
But if you have paid for it in full, you can unlock it easily online. I do this every year.
Also, if you are paying installments on you Apple Card and ordering the AT&T version to replace a line, it will come unlocked. That is what I did.

Reactions: Brad7

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Hi everyone i wanted to ask you two questions. I payed using apple pay and if god forbids it doesn't go thru because it just shows 0.00 pending at the wallet app as of right now (during me paying it showed the red ! then it put up the order confirmation) will the order be cancelled or can i use a different payment method in that unlikely circumstance? my second question is if i chose store pick up am i still able to track it or is that online for regular shipping? Thank you and GL to everyone
You can probably use a different payment method. In store pick up orders can NOT be tracked

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Apple Leather Case - Midnight. I hate, hate, hate that the midnight has got a tiny bit of blue in it this year.
Do you have one of the new cases? Can you see the blue in the Midnight case this year? Online it looked black. Online lies, I know, but still. Was hoping, it would just be like a really dark night at midnight.

redRAYZA

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Hey folks! Another bumpy pre-order experience this yearā€¦

I kept refreshing the iPhone app and couldnā€™t get in until 8:08 EST. Before ordering, the delivery date for my 256GB iPhone 14 Pro Max in Space Black showed Sept 19thā€¦ great! Placed my order, and then it immediately showed Sep 28 - Oct 3 šŸ˜©

Congrats to those who got a confirmed launch-day delivery. Iā€™m hoping to at least get moved up to Sept 23 when my new AirPods arrive.

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
A little concerned, so if I ordered from Apple via IUP - chose Verizon, does that mean my phone is now locked to Verizon? I was under the impression it was not per another thread. Going to Italy and need to have dual sims!! Anyone know?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.