Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
I believe this is the iPhone 14 Pro Max Screen protector. The one to your right. Change is coming!

1115388-eabc95a077cebd4b25ec4a8914627ca3.jpg

Credit: @johnyslats
Just the normal Pro. Last year on the left, freshly covered in lint šŸ˜‚ (ESR Armorite)

kip6978

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Connecticut
Woke up normally at 6 AM EST, order at 8:02 AM EST and YES!!!? Got my iPhone 14 ProMax 256 GB deep purple next Friday šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š.. I did add all my info and carrier details in my cart the night before maybe that is why the order went smoothly and quickly.

Attachments

• 7FD4AFE9-398E-4890-BF80-AA75020D8521.jpeg
    7FD4AFE9-398E-4890-BF80-AA75020D8521.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
For those who did in-store pickup, can you confirm if your order status is still in ā€œOrder placedā€ phase and not in processing?

I ask because I ordered 2 phones: one shipped, one at my local store and want to cancel the shipped one but just want to make sure the pickup one isnā€™t messed up and going to cancel or something.

Yeah mine still says order placed and has my local apple store at the mall as the pick up at 1:45 pm next Friday.

Reactions: Dulcimer

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
I have never signed for an Apple delivery - Macbook Pro, iPad, AW7, iPhone 12 & 13......
Whether or not your carrier and/or driver actually follows through at the time of delivery, on launch day deliveries Apple always "requires" signature for legal reasons. They can't with UPS SurePost. And even if they have made the choice to use SurePost, it should deliver with less than a 7-day delay if they are drop shipping with the usual UPS from china to the post office

All of these "Postal Service" orders say delivery on 9/23, even ones ordered at 8:02 am, with models that were still listed as delivering on 9/16 on the website until around noon. Those ought to available to ship the same as the thousands of others ordered all morning that arrive on 9/16. So unless Apple has agreed with UPS to use a very special extremely slow version of SurePost without signature to deliver randomly assigned orders, no matter when you ordered it, I can't believe this is meant to be SurePost.

Since esim only, makes it difficult to swap your line between them. You could have a family plan with yourself.
I do have a family plan. I'm still carrying a dummy iPhone line when I used to rely on just upgrades every year. I used would each lines every year to upgrade. That's no longer the case anymore since I buy them out paid in cash.

Reactions: Whistler Mac

data_null

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Major orders like iPhone... UPS will be the main freight carrier. FedEx is too expensive. the only time Apple did not use UPS was in 2020. In 2020, During the Covid season, Apple decided to go with Cargo Lux Fright Carrier to ship our iPhone 12 Pro's. They also used charter flights to move the shipment forward. That was the only time. Last year UPS delivered our iPhone 13s.

Post from 2020.

False. Iā€™ve been working for FedEx for the past ten years, and weā€™ve shipped new iPhones (as well as other Apple products) every year that Iā€™ve been there. Every new Apple product Iā€™ve ordered has been delivered to me by FedEx (in my area).

UPS ships Apple products as well. So like the rep told you, the phone will likely be coming from FedEx or UPS.

It is possible that USPS could make the last leg of the delivery depending where you live. We pass packages off to them quite often for certain areas.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Since esim only, makes it difficult to swap your line between them. You could have a family plan with yourself.
It's actually easier with the eSim. Simply activate both on your phone and designate which one is the primary.

And you can actually have two lines active at the same time.

I use two and you can see the 5G bars for both lines.

Attachments

• ED48AB61-37F6-49B4-8A24-CB4A94D73A41.jpeg
    ED48AB61-37F6-49B4-8A24-CB4A94D73A41.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 51
False. Iā€™ve been working for FedEx for the past ten years, and weā€™ve shipped new iPhones (as well as other Apple products) every year that Iā€™ve been there. Every new Apple product Iā€™ve ordered has been delivered to me by FedEx (in my area).

UPS ships Apple products as well. So like the rep told you, the phone will likely be coming from FedEx or UPS.

It is possible that USPS could make the last leg of the delivery depending where you live. We pass packages off to them quite often for certain areas.
Great points!

It also depends on the area. I have never gotten a brand-new iPhone from FedEx within the last 14 years. Only the refurbished or replacement models. UPS has always been the main go-to. FedEx is only used for returns or sending the damaged iPhone back.

I still strongly believe our iPhones will come from UPS like every year. Makes no sense, Apple would be delivering the phones via postal service by using the post office. Time will tell. My money is on UPS, all the way, LOL.

Reactions: Brad7

ck3801

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Boulder, CO
$88 ??? Wow I am happy to live in a state that doesnā€™t have sales tax.
Last year mine was $64. This year itā€™s $123, because my house burned down in a wildfire last December and the address Iā€™m using is in the city of Boulder, co versus last year which was in Unincorporated Boulder County.

• Wow
Reactions: bsmith4832

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Whether or not your carrier and/or driver actually follows through at the time of delivery, on launch day deliveries Apple always "requires" signature for legal reasons. They can't with UPS SurePost. And even if they have made the choice to use SurePost, it should deliver with less than a 7-day delay if they are drop shipping with the usual UPS from china to the post office

All of these "Postal Service" orders say delivery on 9/23, even ones ordered at 8:02 am, with models that were still listed as delivering on 9/16 on the website until around noon. Those ought to available to ship the same as the thousands of others ordered all morning that arrive on 9/16. So unless Apple has agreed with UPS to use a very special extremely slow version of SurePost without signature to deliver randomly assigned orders, no matter when you ordered it, I can't believe this is meant to be SurePost.
Remember, your iPhone is probably in or will be at a local distribution warehouse, not in China.

My recent Mac Mini, iPhones, and AW originated from my local Fontana / Ontario, CA Apple warehouse about 10 miles away.

Took 1 day to get to my house. They used: FedEx Ground and UPS Ground for the 1 day shipment.

My Macbook Pro came from China and I tracked it thru ANC and SDF airports where it did arrive via UPS International (no signature).

Your iPhone is most likely here in the US if not by next week.

Reactions: Colbyd49

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
Finally reached Apple customer service - and they expedited shipping on my 14PM 1TB SPace Black - due to the server issues when Apple Store finally reopened.

Shipment 2

Ships:
7ā€“10 business days

Delivers: Sep 28 - Oct 3 by 2-3 Business Days

:):apple::)
Youā€™re one smooth sweet talker! When I try things like that, Iā€™m tense and surly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.