Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

magbarn

macrumors 68030
Oct 25, 2008
I ordered mine at exactly 8:03 am, and I'm not getting it until 9/23. 🥲
Yeah, it gave me the choice to be delivered or store pickup 9/16, confirmation email and app now say 9/28-10/3. If I would've known this I would've picked store pickup. No more delivery going forward if they're going to pull that crap.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

PixelDestructor

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2016
Bizarre update: I saw that the 1TB Purple Pro is still showing the 16th for delivery so at the advice of the Apple Support guy, I cancelled the order I made this morning that said it would deliver on the 23rd and re-ordered. At checkout, it told me 9/16 and then once I checked out it said 9/23 via Postal Service once again.
I'm not sure what's going on here

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
False. I’ve been working for FedEx for the past ten years, and we’ve shipped new iPhones (as well as other Apple products) every year that I’ve been there. Every new Apple product I’ve ordered has been delivered to me by FedEx (in my area).

UPS ships Apple products as well. So like the rep told you, the phone will likely be coming from FedEx or UPS.

It is possible that USPS could make the last leg of the delivery depending where you live. We pass packages off to them quite often for certain areas.
This is 100% correct - UPS Surepost is used where UPS handles the package to USPS local hub.
FedEx has been used with my iMac. UPS International with my Macbook Pro.

Wish everyone would calm down about their carrier - just wait for yours however it arrives...

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Great points!

It also depends on the area. I have never gotten a brand-new iPhone from FedEx within the last 14 years. Only the refurbished or replacement models. UPS has always been the main go-to. FedEx is only used for returns or sending the damaged iPhone back.

I still strongly believe our iPhones will come from UPS like every year. Makes no sense, Apple would be delivering the phones via postal service by using the post office. Time will tell. My money is on UPS, all the way, LOL.
Did your email say "postal service" or "USPS"? There is a difference as postal service could be any carrier or method.

USPS is the actual United States Postal Service.

It's almost like when people hear Jello, they think that is the actual product called Gelatin, but it is simply a brand of Gelatin.

maracuch0

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2020
Are the orders that are placed for delivery already processing? Mine still says Order Placed, but I placed it as Pick up in store.

Reactions: Brad7
Did your email say "postal service" or "USPS"? There is a difference as postal service could be any carrier or method.

USPS is the actual United States Postal Service.

It's almost like when people hear Jello, they think that is the actual product called Gelatin, but it is simply a brand of Gelatin.
Both orders show "Standard Delivery". So, It will most likely be UPS. Please see the post below. Thank you!

Reactions: svish and Brad7

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
It's actually easier with the eSim. Simply activate both on your phone and designate which one is the primary.

And you can actually have two lines active at the same time.

I use two and you can see the 5G bars for both lines.
But moving primary line from one device over to another device? Think you’re talking having a couple on same device.

Reactions: Brad7

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Already got mine!
Interesting. Hopefully ill get it soon. My card does show the pending charge of the sales tax when i pre ordered it for iup. But im certain that if iup was rejected it wouldn’t go through in the first place.

mdcosby

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Ive been having the same damn BS since 8am. This is just stupid. Theres no way my account is INACTIVE....So damn frustrated. Any luck yet my friend?
At about 9:10am I got a message in the Apple apple saying sorry we could not contact TMobile, but we've reserved you an iphone for release day. Then I got an email at about 12:30 saying that they were ready to take the order. When trying to place the order I got an error. Tried again and told "reservation number invalid".

I called Apple. They can't see the reservation on their end - and eventually told me the reservation system is "down".

They said I need to call TMobile to have them "release the order" which is the biggest bunch of bull crap. I asked for a supervisor (nicely, I'm not an animal!) and was told none was available.

NOW - I'm waiting for T-Mobile to call me back...

FML.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.