Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
My order was for Sept. 16 until I clicked "place order," after which it says "Sept. 23 by postal service."

My local store is showing pick-up on Sept. 17.

If I cancel my Apple order, which is for an upgrade of my AT&T line, will I immediately become eligible for a new upgrade order or does it take time to update/refresh in AT&T's systems? Thanks.

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
Remember, your iPhone is probably in or will be at a local distribution warehouse, not in China.

My recent Mac Mini, iPhones, and AW originated from my local Fontana / Ontario, CA Apple warehouse about 10 miles away.

Took 1 day to get to my house. They used: FedEx Ground and UPS Ground for the 1 day shipment.

My Macbook Pro came from China and I tracked it thru ANC and SDF airports where it did arrive via UPS International (no signature).

Your iPhone is most likely here in the US if not by next week.
Absolutely agree. I've had launch day phones come from the warehouse in Carlisle PA, but also from China direct. But never have heard of Apple using 7 day delayed SurePost in either case. There is a good chance that the phone I'll eventually get is in the US, but I don't expect Apple is using SurePost as part of the mass launch day deliveries.

Just to summarize: I got into the App Store at 8:04 or so and finished ordering a 256 purple (space eggplant) pro (not max). All along the process it stated delivery of 9/16. Did not give a choice of express or standard delivery (which is usual for "launch day" delivery). Finished at around 8:06. Email arrived at 8:16 am. Delivers 9/23 by Postal Service. Same model showed 9/16 launch day delivery until after noon eastern time, and only now shows 23-30th.

This appears to be typical story for many people that have posted here all day. Everyone with the same story shows "postal service" 9/23 delivery, no matter when they ordered, with no discernible pattern as to model, size, financing etc. I suspect that there is an issue where the system put in a bad placeholder shipping method that automatically assumed 7 days to deliver. While I'm sure that somewhere, sometime UPS has used SurePost to deliver Apple products, I don't think this is Apple choosing to allow that, without signature, with a 7 day delay. This really looks like a glitch in the system, and I'm assuming when tracking happens, it will be UPS for 9/16.

I have a vague memory of their having used fedex in the past for a iPhone launch. I think my iPhone X was delivered by FedEx. But nowadays it seems to be ups. Will be interesting to see if usps is really being used this time for some deliveries,
I never got a new iPhone from Apple via FedEx. Trust this thread. UPS will be the sole carrier for us this year.

foxcrane

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2013
Are the orders that are placed for delivery already processing? Mine still says Order Placed, but I placed it as Pick up in store.
For yours picking up in store, do you see the order in your order history?

I placed 2 orders, one delivery and one pick up in store. Got email confirmations for both, but only the delivery one shows in my purchase history.

Reactions: Brad7

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
I feel all the orders being delivered by the Postal Service have a delivery date of 9/23 at the earliest. Does anyone have the Postal Service as the carrier and a delivery date of 9/16?

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
I feel all the orders being delivered by the Postal Service have a delivery date of 9/23 at the earliest. Does anyone have the Postal Service as the carrier and a delivery date of 9/16?
None out of the 20-30 people reporting that I have seen. All 9/23. Not earlier. Not later.

Reactions: Brad7 and javaGuru

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
My order was for Sept. 16 until I clicked "place order," after which it says "Sept. 23 by postal service."

My local store is showing pick-up on Sept. 17.

If I cancel my Apple order, which is for an upgrade of my AT&T line, will I immediately become eligible for a new upgrade order or does it take time to update/refresh in AT&T's systems? Thanks.
It’s pretty quick. I did it once in line at an Apple Store while they brought a phone from the back stockroom.

Reactions: Wolfs and jk73

guitar.jake

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2009

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Well here is my status even though I checked and got my card info updated apple somehow grabbed from somewhere my old card. I had it updated for the pre pre approval and the loan thing went through so I assume it went to the new card. But when I clicked the order went, gave me email it was ordered and then later said on hold and I need to update payment info of course the system is bogged down cannot check to update it from order page

However I went through the browser store app in my account and sure enough one more darn place with old card. I updated it but sure enough the order, and servers are not finding that I corrected this one location. I had corrected in in Apple Pay to new card, ad on the apple store app via my phone so supposedly everywhere the card was updated. But why through the website version of store my card was still old info I will never know.

I think it will take too long for my order to find the update and after while says it will be canceled if not fixed. I may just wait and get a phone some other time. This opening day stress is not fun any longer it should be simple but it is not. This is third year in a row with issues for me.

Yes I am discouraged and thats a true first world problem I will live but I am about to say the heck with the IUP process and just save money for couple years and buy a new phone from time to time off pre order season when I can wait for when ever apple sends it to me.

So probably will just fade away here and let you all enjoy the journey I am not going to be on. Cheers have a good day.
View attachment 2054945 View attachment 2054946 View attachment 2054947

Oh no! My fingers are crossed that this sort itself out and you receive your phone on launch day.

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
What screen protectors are you guys getting?
Clip the $3 coupon. Apply promo code CQ8Y8PBK. Total should be about $6

Reactions: Wolfs and Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.