Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
Reactions: macbookguy and Shh

dmacrye

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Flight Schedule from China to Alaska for the next 24 hours (Central time). Expect your tracking to populate by tomorrow evening or by Sunday evening (PST), guaranteed!

View attachment 2055456
Annual reminder that FlightAware is spotty at best with flights from China. History repeats with flights from Hong Kong and Seoul to Alaska after untracked flights out of China to their brief stopover.

Especially so with the restrictions China places on cargo flight crews, UPS prefers to shuttle out of china so their crewā€™s dont get quarantined in China.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I feel all the orders being delivered by the Postal Service have a delivery date of 9/23 at the earliest. Does anyone have the Postal Service as the carrier and a delivery date of 9/16?

I am so curious about this. I have good postal carriers that come early, by 2 at the latest, so Iā€™m okay if that is the case. Still seems strange though. I know UPS has a SurePost option. Is Apple using that this year for some of their phones? Odd.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
Just strange on how cases arrive really early- I should they should arrive with the iPhones next friday - I just order a 14 Pro Max silcone case in Midnight and just got a email saying its on its way- since I have UPS My Choice I put a in a request in change the delivery date to September 16 - Just seems better to get three packages on one day

Reactions: Brad7

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
I got my order in 8:12am. I had my laptop, iPad, 12 Pro Max and XS Max all open on the Apple App Store and website. The app came up first and I got a delivery date of 9/16. I also preordered my Ultra with Verizon for the $150 off and will return the Apple order once itā€™s delivered since itā€™s too late to cancel.

00630aaa2c977030a5438b0f732c99c0.jpg

757c3007c2637edc727e5d5285f32925.png
Congrats! I don't understand.. I ordered at 8:08. Woke up an hour early after sleeping 2 hours cause I work nights. Refreshed the sites all morning and the apps. Didn't get through till 8:06 and I have a 9/23 delivery. I don't understand the logic here or what Apple is doing.

iamthedudeman

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2007
I prefer Apple because they are much more likely to take care of you in a prompt fashion than your carrier if something happens. If something happens to your phone during shipping, Apple will have stock to take care of you within a day. Their phone support will actually work with the store to get you taken care of. If something happens during shipping with AT&T, you will get absolutely no support in store. They will tell you that your order was online and that you have to call them up. And then after calling them up, you will just get run around between a bunch of support agents that have no clue how to help.

Plus I havenā€™t had a single issue for years. I pre-fill out the model I want and my information on Wednesday, open up the Apple store app at 8am, and within a minute or two, itā€™s up and I click two buttons to place my order. It literally could not be easier.
Maybe you never had a issue. But judging from this thread with the endless posts of issues, proves my point.
Never had a issue with ATT shipping a phone. They have concierge from the store to your house. A ATT employee delivers it and offers setup. Apple doesn't offer that last time I checked. The last time I got it shipped they shipped the wrong phone. Called and they had one for pickup the same day I called put aside. You might be the exception but for me the difference is night and day.
I will pick a ATT employee delivering my phone personally rather than a USPS employee any day. Now you have people expediting their orders to avoid it. ATT delivers on a smaller scale. Less problems.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
5:30 PM was the pre order time for me, so really convenient. However could not get the 16th as delivery date. Got the 256 14 Pro in silver for 17-20 delivery at an eye watering price of $2121 with apple care.

• Wow
Reactions: Wolfs and Brad7
Clip the $3 coupon. Apply promo code CQ8Y8PBK. Total should be about $6

Thank you so much! Just ordered this another one. You saved me $6.00 woo hoo!

Last edited:

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68030
May 27, 2014
Umber wallet showed up as well as the forest green case. Now just waiting on my 128 gig black pro max

Attachments

• 97C29030-BEBF-4336-A7F1-179D1E769BB5.jpeg
    97C29030-BEBF-4336-A7F1-179D1E769BB5.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 0C9B5AE7-9069-414C-BFA5-4D615E0E474F.jpeg
    0C9B5AE7-9069-414C-BFA5-4D615E0E474F.jpeg
    590.2 KB · Views: 60
  • C780D3D0-BE49-457F-B3A0-54C0C80C82F5.jpeg
    C780D3D0-BE49-457F-B3A0-54C0C80C82F5.jpeg
    470 KB · Views: 63
  • CD38FCDC-6FF0-424C-97A8-FC8790E762A8.jpeg
    CD38FCDC-6FF0-424C-97A8-FC8790E762A8.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 68

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
I'm seeing people who ordered three hours after me with the same "arrives on 9/23 by postal service" message. Strange.

I'm starting to wonder is perhaps these are in fact phones that are already in the US, as opposed to the international drop shipments. Seems many of these orders were very early orders, or models that didn't start slipping delivery dates (on the website / app) until later in the day. In the past, launch day phones that came from the in-country depots had tracking numbers that appeared far later that the phones coming from China directly (although they still had the right date) Perhaps "Postal Service" and the date is just a generic placeholder rather that meaning USPS actually delivering on 9/23. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Wow
Reactions: Brad7 and jk73

iamthedudeman

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2007
Hereā€™s the thing with that. I was a die-hard for ordering through Verizon. Check my history. The order process seems to go great! Itā€™s afterwards when things go so far left from applying credits, Device Dollars, and proper billing. I would have left them by now if their coverage wasnā€™t the best. So the next best remedy was to pre-order through Apple and keep the Verizon cell service.
We are not talking about what happens after. Ordering through Apple wouldn't change what happens after anyway. What you are saying is Un related to ordering the phone.

Yandawg

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2019
Clip the $3 coupon. Apply promo code CQ8Y8PBK. Total should be about $6

Thanks for the coupons code! I also went with these last year.

dmacrye

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2016
Los Angeles
I'm starting to wonder is perhaps these are in fact phones that are already in the US, as opposed to the international drop shipments. Seems many of these orders were very early orders, or models that didn't start slipping delivery dates (on the website / app) until later in the day. In the past, launch day phones that came from the in-country depots had tracking numbers that appeared far later that the phones coming from China directly (although they still had the right date) Perhaps "Postal Service" and the date is just a generic placeholder rather that meaning USPS actually delivering on 9/23. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Counter-point. Every launch day phone Iā€™ve received in the past 5+ years has come from China.

Reactions: Uccle

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Remember, your iPhone is probably in or will be at a local distribution warehouse, not in China.

My recent Mac Mini, iPhones, and AW originated from my local Fontana / Ontario, CA Apple warehouse about 10 miles away.

Took 1 day to get to my house. They used: FedEx Ground and UPS Ground for the 1 day shipment.

My Macbook Pro came from China and I tracked it thru ANC and SDF airports where it did arrive via UPS International (no signature).

Your iPhone is most likely here in the US if not by next week.
I've never had a release day iPhone originate in the US. All tracking started from overseas.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
9/23 Postal Service update:

I finally got Apple on the phone and she said the 'system is so overloaded' and all of the orders are still processing. She said she had never heard of postal service delivery and it's always been UPS or FedEx in the past. She said she nor I can make any changes to the order now, and that it will take hours (up to 24 hours) to allow changes to be made to the order. I suppose I'm going to keep stalking my order for an update and then consider changing to in store pickup if spots remain available at my local store.

It just doesn't add up since 9/16 delivery was still readily available for my 256GB Black Pro up to an hour after my order where I got 9/23 postal service. Either the 9/23 thing won't be true and it will come by 9/16 or Apple is introducing the postal service option and randomly assigning orders to it since a lot of you folks in here ordered immediately and got 9/23 postal service.

I hope they donā€™t have USPS deliver iPhones. Weā€™re already bogged down with Amazon and severely understaffed. I donā€™t have time to be working more than the 12 hour days Iā€™ve been doing. One day off a week is not enough to run errands and rest.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Iā€™m going to toughen it out and not use iOS 16 until the 16th. My 12 Pro Max is still on 14.1, except itā€™s jailbroken also.
I turned off update software on 13 Pro Max 15.6 ok for now. Backed it up so the backup will be older iOS 15.6 vs 16.x on the new 14 and one less thing to update

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.