Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
Yes, Spigen makes the best!
Hope they make one for my 14 Plus I just bought ??

BTW:
I just got my new 2022 Ford F150 EV truck (Lightning) and bought the Spigen protector and it has been awesome - no more fingerprints on the 15.5" screen!
View attachment 2055533
You should blur out your license plate when posting images online.

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
Counter-point. Every launch day phone Iā€™ve received in the past 5+ years has come from China.
My 12 Pro came directly from the apple depot in Carlisle PA on launch day. No tracking until night before. I've seen many similar reports over the years, but I think they are a small portion of the overall deliveries. Which might line up with the small, but very real reports of the mysterious and dreaded Postal Service 9/23 status.

Pedicone1211

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Wilmington, DE
This is strange, my iphone 14 Pro Black that is set for Delivery on the 23rd via "Postal Service", just switched to preparing to ship.

Iphone 14 ppts.png

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Curious this is my first time doing store pickup for a preorder. When should I expect my phone to enter ā€œProcessingā€? I preauthed with my Apple Card Wednesday evening and has been showing as a payment plan since then (even before preorders started).

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
This is strange, my iphone 14 Pro Black that is set for Delivery on the 23rd via "Postal Service", just switched to preparing to ship.

View attachment 2055548
It's a very long and tricky process in preparing and shipping in order for "postal service" to get it to you exactly on the 23rd.

Weren't you one of us that ordered very early and are victims of the 9/23?

Reactions: Brad7

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Clip the $3 coupon. Apply promo code CQ8Y8PBK. Total should be about $6

Oops I already ordered so I didnā€™t get that code but I appreciate the info (donā€™t see where I can redo it) .. no biggie!

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
I'm starting to wonder is perhaps these are in fact phones that are already in the US, as opposed to the international drop shipments. Seems many of these orders were very early orders, or models that didn't start slipping delivery dates (on the website / app) until later in the day. In the past, launch day phones that came from the in-country depots had tracking numbers that appeared far later that the phones coming from China directly (although they still had the right date) Perhaps "Postal Service" and the date is just a generic placeholder rather that meaning USPS actually delivering on 9/23. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

My CC just got charged for an "arrives Sept. 23 by postal service" order, so your theory appears to be correct.

• Wow
Reactions: Stlcheer and Brad7

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Walked to Chinatown for lunch so I'm catching up on the posts again. Here's a picture from the Manhattan Bridge. The weather was perfect today. I'm not looking forward to winter! šŸ„¶
The General Tso's chicken at Joe's Shanghai brought literal tears to my eyes. Awashed me in a flood of memories of the same dish I'd get all the time growing up in DC. Been living in California for a couple decades now and the General Tso's is just not the same on the left coast! Ugh, I love New York, I can't wait to go back!

Reactions: Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.