Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
I've gone earlier than my time slot (or later) on the same day and it was not an issue. Not sure if you go a day earlier if that'll be a problem. Maybe try to call your local store on Thursday to check if you can come early?
Actually, might be better to show up in person and ask: it's harder to say no to someone who is looking you in the eye--especially if one of those people has puppy-dog-please eyes. Just saying.

Reactions: Brad7

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
I'm pretty excited to have a 15 minute window to pick up my pretty purple iPhone next Friday. However, I'm a little bummed to be missing out on the yearly emotional rollercoaster of shipment tracking and delayed deliveries (like last year when they missed the date and it went to an unknown ETA).

Boom!!! One of the unwanted iPhone's statuses changed to “Prepare to Ship”. I wish it was for Deep purple. Might be traveling separately. Unwanted iPhone 14 Pro Max Space Black just says "Arrives" The date disappeared.

901D6283-2963-4B87-88F2-5D7F884E3D67.jpeg
C5E64FCF-4A42-4712-B408-B3730F0193DF.jpeg

twinpeaks_sf

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2015
Lamorinda, CA, USA
I was just coming to update you. I got through to apple, and the rep said she wasn't able to make a change, but did see that the transaction was approved. She even went to the team that handles the iUP and they said that because my billing information was correct with citizens one and it had already been approved, I would be all set. When you say you went into the app to change your billing information, do you mean your default billing information for apple? You weren't able to update anything on the order, right?
All the same for me. I did eventually call Apple, and they said the same. The order is already approved through Citizens One and the transaction is pending on my card. While she could change the billing information, she recommended leaving it alone because it could delay my order. She said an email would come if there was an issue with the billing and I would have an opportunity to correct before the order was canceled. So I think we’re both sitting pretty.

I only changed the billing info in the Apple Store app to prevent such issues in the future. If only Apple Pay worked for iUP (there, billing info is checked with the authentication)… though Apple Pay hasn’t worked at all for me during recent pre-orders.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
While im waiting to change to preparing to ship. Im debating on what color case to get for my first
Gold iPhone. You guys have any suggestions?
Gold is one that goes with a lot of cases which makes it tough to choose one! Btw here’s a website where you can try the combos:

I'm pretty excited to have a 15 minute window to pick up my pretty purple iPhone next Friday. However, I'm a little bummed to be missing out on the yearly emotional rollercoaster of shipment tracking and delayed deliveries (like last year when they missed the date and it went to an unknown ETA).
Welcome aboard! Happy to see you here. I remember you very well from last year. Congratulations on ordering your new iPhone.

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Called Apple, no changes can be made once in Preparing to Ship. Not even the name change that was wrong even though I filled it out beforehand last night.

She did confirm it is coming with USPS and it will arrive the 23rd, but she kept saying it will most likely arrive before. Couldn't confirm if it would be launch day, given the system is very adamant about the 23rd from what I can tell. Hopefully we'll know more in the next day or two and our orders will randomly change days or something.

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
The order is already approved through Citizens One and the transaction is pending on my card.
Have you received the email from citizens one yet? Last year, mine came just a couple hours after ordering. But I don't have anything yet, and my card hasn't been charged :/

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Yep. Last year I found the case for $10 on Amazon. So I'll wait for that to happen again.
Are there more robust/protective offerings than Totallee's thin cases? Absolutely. But the added bulk of most cases makes me light-headed. From the original launch day '07 device, it wasn't until the X before I opted for a case. I was approaching it from a "it comes in a case and it's meant to be seen" angle - which I still believe. But Totallee's cases are so thin, and I'm pretty careful my handhelds, that they cover my most common concern: sitting my device down on various surfaces sans any thought. From anything crazier... That's what AppleCare+ is for. 😜

Totally also offers pretty frequent deals on their cases. So maybe keep an eye out for a price drop (once the melee subsides) and see what you think. Cheers.

Reactions: lazyrighteye

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Hmmm, mine still indicates "Fri, Sep 16 by Standard Delivery" and states is "Processing."

My Apple Card has a pending transaction for $103.40 - which looks like it might just be the one-time AT&T upgrade fee + my 1st monthly installment.

Does anyone know if iUP spreads taxes across all monthly payments? I can't recall form years past.
My MBA, which I also placed on my Apple Card, billed me all taxes + 1st monthly istallment for my first payment. Each payment since has only been the expected monthly installment.

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
Yeah uh.. I don't know if these 9/23 orders are actually coming the 16th. Very confusing. Bad idea to call Apple to switch to expedited or even UPS Ground? Or should I leave it?

I don't trust my USPS guy out here.
I'd hold out for a bit. When was your order in? I'm still rather hopeful they will come 9/16 and I'm not sure if having reps that don't know what the issue is mess around and change the selected delivery method will help or hurt. These things usually work out in the next couple days, and if they actually have selected a cadre of early pre-orderers for random punishment by 7 day delayed USPS delivery, calling later will probably be just about as useful.

• Wow
Reactions: Brad7

DarkKnight1968

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2017
Have you received the email from citizens one yet? Last year, mine came just a couple hours after ordering. But I don't have anything yet, and my card hasn't been charged :/

I am in the same situation as you. My card was charged for the taxes, but still waiting for the loan number email and that charge. It’s typically been 1-2 hours for that to happen. In 2016 it took about 6 hours to get that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.