Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

rgeiger97

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2019
Indiana
Anyone else who is doing pick-up see that the status page says we will have to give them our trade-in when we get there? I thought even the pick-up orders were given a trade-in box to mail our phones in with.

I'm doing pick up and had the option of dropping it off at pick up or requesting a mailing kit.

Reactions: ZacKaffeine

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Finally got my order in. Had to do pickup as shipping was in October. Only have to wait an extra day so not too bad.
1c787c1529a50b31ce8f89d3dd3a8920.jpg

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
I know people had issues today but i'll say this - I'd still rather pre-order on the app and get the phone delivered. The in-store pickup process sucks. At least at the store near me. You have to wait on this long ass line, which can take a while...like an hour...and once you're in the store, it could be another 30 minutes to an hour before you leave with the phone. Not to mention trying to find parking at the crowded parking lot at the mall, the traffic to get there...etc.

They say you have the 15 min window and you have an appointment set up but it's not going to be in and out. Again, that's what she said...lol.

Samdh90

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2021
I could've sworn I've seen someone get it early every year, somehow...you might be the one!
I was surprised when the sales rep told us that it is not uncommon for them to arrive a day early. I don't remember it being like that last time but I also don't upgrade every year, hard to remember for sure, lol.

Reactions: Brad7

rgeiger97

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2019
Indiana
I know people had issues today but i'll say this - I'd still rather pre-order on the app and get the phone delivered. The in-store pickup process sucks. At least at the store near me. You have to wait on this long ass line, which can take a while...like an hour...and once you're in the store, it could be another 30 minutes to an hour before you leave with the phone. Not to mention trying to find parking at the crowded parking lot at the mall, the traffic to get there...etc.

They say you have the 15 min window and you have an appointment set up but it's not going to be in and out. Again, that's what she said...lol.

I can understand it would be frustrating at Apple Stores in larger areas but the one near me is never that packed and isn't in a large metropolitan area

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I just wonder if apple planned ahead and had some phones already in the states
That would explain maybe why people are seeing USPS as their delivery service but I still find it hard to believe. UPS might be shorthanded because no one wants to work anymore and Apple might have had to resort to contracting in another delivery service to be able to handle the launch day volume.

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Yes but never to opening day. It was usually 2 to 4 weeks past right in October during my busy time for going to fossil and mineral shows with my business partner. One time my wife had to be here to receive phone while I was at show. It came on a Saturday so had to wait until Monday to set it up such first world problems LOL
'Opening day' -- we should rename 'launch day' to that. Opening Day: can't you smell the hot dogs and hear the bat thwacking the ball--or opening day for a fair---or what else has fun opening days? I mean that just sounds fun. Launch sounds more techie, though. But still...opening day. :)

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007

No thanks. FedEx brings half my packages to my neighbors anyways. Plus I don't want to risk anything with the package being sent to me.

My local mall where the Apple store is located isn't huge and has easy parking. I'll always prefer picking up an iPhone or any other major Apple purchase in-person in my scenario.

Reactions: frumpy16

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Yes - but f you are moving to including shipments via USPS due to carriers being "loaded up" why would you ship them all exactly one week later? No one has shown a Postal Service shipping for 9/16. All 9/23 no matter when it was ordered. Even on models that are still listed as shipping 9/16 on the website as of around noon...

I'm guessing it may in fact be indie band "The Postal Service" that is in fact delivering the phones, and the week delay is to allow the band members to get around the country....
1200px-PostalService_cover300dpi.jpg
I've been waiting for someone to bring that up. I was thinking hey if the band serenaded as they delivered, this could be cool.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfs

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
Got 14 Pro Silver pickup

ive never had to wait in my city. Though i always choose the first window. Usually they have about 10 of us getting checked out at once. Much faster and simpler than trying to wait until evening for UPS and having to listen for doorbells while never leaving for errands.

Reactions: MacTechnics
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.