Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
I had no issues with in-store pick up last year, it was great. Hoping it's the same this year *knock on wood*

I'm in LA and went to a busy Apple store. Stood in a long line outside, Apple employees then called out the 15 minute appt time. Myself and others with that time then went in a shorter line to go into the store. I was in the store within a few minutes, someone helped me right away. He scanned the order in my Apple Wallet, left to grab my phone. Came back with it, and I was out the door.

I would say from standing in line to leaving with phone, was probably 30 minutes. Then I went and had dinner at the mall LOL.

For me, it's a convenient option to not have any issues with delivery or not having to wait around home all day.

Hello!! Sorry, just saw the notification 😅… I was able to do it, thankfully didn’t have any issues. Ready for some intensive tracking 😁
Woo hoo! Just made my day. Let’s goooo!

So glad you are upgrading. I saw your account and you didn’t log in since June or July. I was like where did he go? So happy you got launch day delivery. I hope you’ll be able to track your phone and snag a picture of the UPS plane as it passes by San Juan. Well wishes to you. Let’s go!!!

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
" data-source="post: 31428196" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
What about Grape Kool-Aid?

81Nlalat5JL._SY679_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX414SY679SH20_.jpg

Don’t like grape kool-aid.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
have anyone had tottallee cases for iPhone 12/13? I had a frosted clear for iPhone XS Max and I really loved it. I wonder if it’s the same quality for previous iPhone models. Thinking of getting one for 14PM.

I have the frosted clear for the 12 Pro Max, and I don’t like it, because it’s too slippery.

• Sad
Reactions: happy orchard

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
The past few cycles, all iPhone shipments have been managed by UPS. But I'm almost certain Apple tapped FedEx for iPhone shipments in the past. Maybe even that '07 version that started all of this madness. I also want say there was a time when Apple leveraged both UPS and FedEx for iPhone shipments to "meet demand" as I recall some pretty intense debate about which carrier was better. This weird, pro-UPS v Pro-FedEx alliances formed and each side claimed their iPhones were better because of the carrier assignment - which was entertaining.

That said, I could be confabulating the details above. What I'm most certain about is that FedEx has shipped me at least one iPhone in the past. I could be wrong. 🤪
Seems like Apple uses UPS for delivery and FEDEX for returns

overfedexed

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
I can tell you working for USPS, we don’t deliver Apple products, so that have to be some sort of glitch or mistake.
Yes, I too work for USPS.... Maintenance. Our carriers were pissed when they saw that two of my three iPhones were shipping U S Postal Service. They said that it will never happen.

I myself would love it. I'd get mine early in the day, instead of chasing down the UPS driver at 9pm on Friday night.

King Shady

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
Man wtf. When I did the Pre-Approval yesterday it was on the same American Express I have always used for iUP. Then I just checked my invoice from earlier this morning and it was on my Visa card. WTF. Now I'm going to have to return my phone and re-purchase at an Apple Store or some sh**.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.