Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
Great. Because of Apple and TMO not playing nice, and the link they sent over erroring out, waking up at 5am was worthless and I am getting it shipped a month later. Greta job Apple. 5 people and the stupid overseas lady creates a new order and can't move the shipping date up.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: beach bum and Brad7

thebutlerdunnit

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
This is my first year ordering from Apple since about 2012. I've been typically getting devices via T-Mobile. I decided to do the trade in of my 13 Pro and get the 14 Pro with Apple. The good T-Mobile deals don't apply to my legacy plan.

I chose in-store pick up and the order failed. When I went back, in-store pick up was no longer available for my area. I then ordered for delivery. My order now says "preparing to ship" and I just got notification that my Discover has been billed.

Reactions: beach bum and Brad7
Ok I've been hearing this a few times - I thought AW delivers on the 23rd at the earliest??
The Apple Watch Ultra does. That is the pre-ordered scheduled date.

5CF1935B-68EC-4F50-98FF-EEFCEBB9E0B9.jpeg

rman0726

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Maybe you never had a issue. But judging from this thread with the endless posts of issues, proves my point.
Never had a issue with ATT shipping a phone. They have concierge from the store to your house. A ATT employee delivers it and offers setup. Apple doesn't offer that last time I checked. The last time I got it shipped they shipped the wrong phone. Called and they had one for pickup the same day I called put aside. You might be the exception but for me the difference is night and day.
I will pick a ATT employee delivering my phone personally rather than a USPS employee any day. Now you have people expediting their orders to avoid it. ATT delivers on a smaller scale. Less problems.
I’m glad you’ve never had a problem. I had a coworker who ordered it from AT&T. The phone got to Louisville and stopped moving. Friday came… still no update. He called AT&T, and not surprisingly for launch day, after like 3 hours on hold, hung up. Called back the next morning as soon as they opened, and still sat on hold to two hours, just to be told that it is out of their hands and they have to wait for UPS. By Monday, still no movement so he called up again to get nowhere again. Called again to try and get to another rep, and was told that the only thing they could do was to place a new order (with a six week lead time), and that he could return it when it came (as if it was ever going to come). He ended up deciding to cancel the whole order and going the in store Apple route. But AT&T wouldn’t refund unless he returned the original phone, which he obviously never was going to get, or until 14 business days of it not arriving.

I’m glad AT&T has worked out for you and hope you never have to call them during the week following iPhone launch.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Man wtf. When I did the Pre-Approval yesterday it was on the same American Express I have always used for iUP. Then I just checked my invoice from earlier this morning and it was on my Visa card. WTF. Now I'm going to have to return my phone and re-purchase at an Apple Store or some sh**.

Why? Once you get your Citizens email with the loan number, you can log in and change the form of payment to be used for your monthly payments.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I hate hearing that so many people had issues with their pre-orders while mine went through without any issue! I'm so sorry for those who had payment errors or glitches, especially when they woke up early in an attempt to beat the rush. Sounds like Apple needs to really improve things for pre-ordering in the future. This is messy.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but my 14 Pro is preparing to ship. 😃
1662754041487.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.