Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
That's a very rare instance. Apple definitely prioritized you that day.
I did feel rather special. Of course not having tracking until thursday afternoon was giving me the shivers, but it was delivered on launch day as promised. Of course given that we are quite rural, the UPS guy still didn't get the actual phone to me until like 9 pm. My understanding is that in recent years there has been a cache of launch day iPhones brought over before launch, but it isn't that many.

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Cancelled my delivery since I got a store pickup launch day. Whoever had their black 14Pro 256GB delivery date bump up, you’re welcome 😛
I had a similar situation and thought someone's life just got a little better. It's a nice thought. Felt like I should think that about someone else, too. Maybe someone out there changed their mind or something and I....oh wait, I'm getting launch day phone. Hold on, let me rethink this.

Reactions: Dulcimer

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
I wasn’t going to upgrade but when T-Mobile decided to give such a huge bonus to trade in my perfectly fine and equivalent 13 Pro, I jumped in and upgraded to more storage while I was at it.

B31546A5-80A7-448B-B78E-3D96C711675B.jpeg

Does anyone know when the review embargo lifts?
6:00AM PST. Tuesday or Wednesday. All the reviewers will be getting the demo iPhones today. It was overnight shipped to them by Apple so they can play around with it over the weekend and write a review/make videos about it.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Well i checked on store app and updated card there. But assumed that change was across their servers but obviously not how would

HOWEVER HOLD THE PRESS, while writing this I finally got through to a service person who was able to correct the card info on the order and my order still is good for 09/16! So the moral of story is even if you cannot make change keep trying to get to a server rep who can. He said I am good to go, hold is off and my order will now process. View attachment 2055143 View attachment 2055144

That’s great news! So glad you’re going to get your device on launch day.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
got mine for 9/16 delivery wanted in store but it was greyed out for me for some reason, oh well still get in on launch day

Reactions: Brad7

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I wasn’t going to upgrade but when T-Mobile decided to give such a huge bonus to trade in my perfectly fine and equivalent 13 Pro, I jumped in and upgraded to more storage while I was at it.

View attachment 2055650
Haha I did the same exact thing even though I barely use my 128gb storage as it is. But i am thinking of keeping the 14 for a few years so I'll need it.

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
No thanks. FedEx brings half my packages to my neighbors anyways. Plus I don't want to risk anything with the package being sent to me.

My local mall where the Apple store is located isn't huge and has easy parking. I'll always prefer picking up an iPhone or any other major Apple purchase in-person in my scenario.
Agreed. In store pickup is the way to go for me as well. Safer, easier, less stressful, and it’s always fun to set foot in Apple’s stores!

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I agree that ups is the likely carrier for this year as it has been for recent years. But I have definitely received my new, launch day iPhone delivered by fedex in the dark murky past😁
The past few cycles, all iPhone shipments have been managed by UPS. But I'm almost certain Apple tapped FedEx for iPhone shipments in the past. Maybe even that '07 version that started all of this madness. I also want say there was a time when Apple leveraged both UPS and FedEx for iPhone shipments to "meet demand" as I recall some pretty intense debate about which carrier was better. This weird, pro-UPS v Pro-FedEx alliances formed and each side claimed their iPhones were better because of the carrier assignment - which was entertaining.

That said, I could be confabulating the details above. What I'm most certain about is that FedEx has shipped me at least one iPhone in the past. I could be wrong. 🤪

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
" data-source="post: 31428124" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
When I googled Postal Service this shows up. I'm convinced it is UPS. Someone confirm this via Apple, please.

View attachment 2055147

I can tell you working for USPS, we don’t deliver Apple products, so that have to be some sort of glitch or mistake.

Reformed

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
@Reformed Hunted you down from last year's iPhone 13 Pre-Order thread? Where are you? Are you going to place an order in the morning? 😈😈😈

#12,214

@Reformed Hunted you down from last year's iPhone 13 Pre-Order thread? Where are you? Are you going to place an order in the morning? 😈😈😈

#12,214

Hello!! Sorry, just saw the notification 😅… I was able to do it, thankfully didn’t have any issues. Ready for some intensive tracking 😁

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Congrats who grabbed the launch date iPhones.
NOW....prepare yourselves for the longest 7 days of the year!

(Why does pre-order mornings to the day of delivery feel like the length of Winter in the Northeast!?)

Luckily for me, I have to work starting tomorrow until the 16th, and my job is physical, so by the time I get off, it’ll be time to get ready for the next day.

MrSegundus

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2021
I was finally able to preorder the T-Mobile 256GB Deep Purple iPhone 14 Pro Max on Best Buy's website after T-Mo was broken for ~7 hours. Since nobody on T-Mo preordered on Best Buy's website, I will be able to pick it up next Friday. Best Buy gave me $800 trade in for my Alpine Green 256GB iPhone 14 Pro Max. Not bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.