Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I'd hold out for a bit. When was your order in? I'm still rather hopeful they will come 9/16 and I'm not sure if having reps that don't know what the issue is mess around and change the selected delivery method will help or hurt. These things usually work out in the next couple days, and if they actually have selected a cadre of early pre-orderers for random punishment by 7 day delayed USPS delivery, calling later will probably be just about as useful.
Random punishment? 😳

TIM!!!!

I asked her if it was a glitch.. she seemed confident and sure of herself. However I don't think Apple has used USPS in years at least according to my past pre-orders.
I don't think they have ever used USPS for any type of service. It's so strange. I honestly think Apple themselves don't know. That's not the answer I was given.

Kung

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
How would it come from USPS??? AHHH!

They are where I'm from, sometimes. Sometimes FedEx/DHL/UPS passes stuff off to USPS for the last leg. Where I live, there are times the USPS *needs* the 4Runner their delivery people deliver the mail in. :D

Ordered mine at 0705 a.m. this morning, and it still says next Friday. Then again mine is 'just' a plain Jane 128Gb iPhone 14. LOL

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Well the green bar for my case moved to “shipped” but the phone is still processing.
PM 256gb Purple, order confirmed in email at 5:05. “Standard delivery” for the 16th.
Ordered via Apple using the Apple Card payments

• Wow
Reactions: Brad7

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
I've been getting ESR for the past few iPhones and they're pretty good! There's a tiny 10% off right now:
Agreed! I have ESR on the work iPhone with no issues

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I've been getting ESR for the past few iPhones and they're pretty good! There's a tiny 10% off right now:
I've been using ESR for years now, I LOVE their screen protectors for the fact they dont have the notch cut out and that they have a decent oleophobic costing, too. ESR TGSP and the Spigen Ultra Hybrid is the first accessory purchase for any phone I get!

They are where I'm from, sometimes. Where I live, there are times the USPS *needs* the 4Runner their delivery people deliver the mail in. :D

Ordered mine at 0705 a.m. this morning, and it still says next Friday. Then again mine is 'just' a plain Jane 128Gb iPhone 14. LOL
Ohhhh yeah... those random guys that show up with your accessories and stuff. Same-day delivery?

FrankH0112

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2017
USA
Hi. I had selected in store pickup for my order but I got an error when it was processing. I then received email with my order number so all good except it shows shipping to my house (and my credit card was charged)

Question…I am trading in my current phone, do I have to mail back or can I take directly to store for the trade in? I had a bad experience mailing phone back last time so I would like to avoid that.

Thanks.

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
I asked her if it was a glitch.. she seemed confident and sure of herself. However I don't think Apple has used USPS in years at least according to my past pre-orders.
My impression remains that the phone apple reps don't know anything more than we do, just looking at the same data on the computer and thinking that "Postal Service" must mean USPS. I mean I guess Apple could make the very strange decision to ship some iPhones via USPS or SurePost, but why in the world would it be used for early orders that otherwise are clearly in the 9/16 delivery order timeframe? And why would they ask USPS to deliver a week later that everyone else?

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Hi. I had selected in store pickup for my order but I got an error when it was processing. I then received email with my order number so all good except it shows shipping to my house (and my credit card was charged)

Question…I am trading in my current phone, do I have to mail back or can I take directly to store for the trade in? I had a bad experience mailing phone back last time so I would like to avoid that.

Thanks.
You can take your trade in into a store if you want.

The nasty dusty storm has cleared up a little. You can see the mountains now. Korean Airlines is heading out soon. Awaiting to depart. Showed up out of nowhere.

F24DA445-06AC-4C3B-B3E3-CDA800F6E644.jpeg

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Anyone else who is doing pick-up see that the status page says we will have to give them our trade-in when we get there? I thought even the pick-up orders were given a trade-in box to mail our phones in with.

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
I did NOT get good sleep last night. Anyone else? Thankful I was able to get 3 more hours of sleep after ordering.

Checked my Apple.com order to see if it was there, and all looks good!

View attachment 2055270
Yeah I couldn't sleep for a while after, finally took a late-morning nap. Still not caught up. But we have an incredibly rare rainy day here in SoCal, so I'm just going to nap periodically. If I ever catch up on this thread!

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
My 12 Pro came directly from the apple depot in Carlisle PA on launch day. No tracking until night before. I've seen many similar reports over the years, but I think they are a small portion of the overall deliveries. Which might line up with the small, but very real reports of the mysterious and dreaded Postal Service 9/23 status.
Hmmm, interesting idea. At least this year we have a mystery. I can say that because I don't have the dreaded postal service notation on my order....apologies to those who do.

My 12 Pro came directly from the apple depot in Carlisle PA on launch day. No tracking until night before. I've seen many similar reports over the years, but I think they are a small portion of the overall deliveries. Which might line up with the small, but very real reports of the mysterious and dreaded Postal Service 9/23 status.
That's a very rare instance. Apple definitely prioritized you that day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.