Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Dammit i wasn't approved for IUP even though I already have and IUP!

I was approved as a first timer, but the charge process escapes me. Normally, Apple charges the tax and Citizens One charged the first payment - in my case, $77.38. But I don't see the tax (maybe on shipment?), and the first payment got charged, then reversed 10 minutes later. Weird.

Reactions: beach bum

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
So the approval asked for my Apple Card security code, which has advanced fraud protection on which means it could change before the Pre-Order. Wonder if thisā€™ll cause some issues.

• Wow
Reactions: 5105973 and Brad7

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Wife and I are likely going the 1UP route this year but have a question. If we enroll and trade in our phones, I assume the value of our 13s will just come back as gift cards and not off the price of the new phones which would mean a lower monthly payment. Is that correct?
IUP will give you an offer that you agree to at purchase. It's not a gift card, but a refund. The catch is, they don't refund you until their recycling partner gets the phone and inspects it. We had a user here who got really caught in that and FedEx or UPS lost his phone in transit. He had to wait several months to get his refund.

That said, his was the only story about that, that I came across, so it's rare. But to your question - it's a refund, not a gift card, but it's not instantaneous. I also don't think it will lower your monthly payments. It'll be one time refund back on your card - so if you have less balance that what they pay you, it'll just be a credit that sits there until later used to reconcile your balance. The loan on IUP is through Citizens Bank and not an installment plan on the Apple Card.

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2011
So, this is weird. Ever since the iPhone upgrade program has been available, I've done it, no issues.
Now today, trying to pre-approve, on the step for verifying carrier, it says 'this line is not authorized to activate through Apple Online store" and tells me to make sure I am the account manager on my plan. It is just me on my own plan, I checked anyways and sure enough I am the account manager. Unsure if this is a temporary glitch, or what to do...anyone else come across this?
bump...anyone running into this? Not sure what to do...I keep retrying, same issue

djuzi

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2013
Anyone seen this before? Iā€™m trying to do my wifeā€™s IUP preorder and itā€™s only giving apple store pickup as the only option to purchase? Iā€™ve never seen that before.

Attachments

• 311E380A-290E-4E1A-A096-31375E13D82B.jpeg
    311E380A-290E-4E1A-A096-31375E13D82B.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 77

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
bump...anyone running into this? Not sure what to do...I keep retrying, same issue
Are you using the apple store app or through the browser? I had no issues going through the pre-approval process via safari browser on my phone. I tried to do it on my apple store app but it hung in circles.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Anyone seen this before? Iā€™m trying to do my wifeā€™s IUP preorder and itā€™s only giving apple store pickup as the only option to purchase? Iā€™ve never seen that before.
I got that message too but I was able to get pre-approved

Reactions: Wolfs

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014

Are you already on the iUP program? I think some carriers require you to be in store to sign up for iUP

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
IUP will give you an offer that you agree to at purchase. It's not a gift card, but a refund. The catch is, they don't refund you until their recycling partner gets the phone and inspects it. We had a user here who got really caught in that and FedEx or UPS lost his phone in transit. He had to wait several months to get his refund.

That said, his was the only story about that, that I came across, so it's rare. But to your question - it's a refund, not a gift card, but it's not instantaneous. I also don't think it will lower your monthly payments. It'll be one time refund back on your card - so if you have less balance that what they pay you, it'll just be a credit that sits there until later used to reconcile your balance. The loan on IUP is through Citizens Bank and not an installment plan on the Apple Card.
Thanks, I didn't realize the installment plan on the Apple Card wasn't the same thing. So it sounds from reading this thread we can apply for the 1UP program ahead of time. I'll have to go see what I can find out about that. Thanks again.

Reactions: julit0

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
and yeah @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ— ProRAW 48MP photos are what I'm really getting this phone for. I'm not too bothered about the island stuff but higher res landscape shots? Yeah, that's what I've been waiting for!

The Halide team are also looking into whether or not the Photonic Beam Engine stuff also applies to regular RAW photos (not ProRAW) which sounds super exciting

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
So the approval asked for my Apple Card security code, which has advanced fraud protection on which means it could change before the Pre-Order. Wonder if thisā€™ll cause some issues.
That definitely caused hiccups last year. If you got a confirmation e-mail for your order, you should be good. I didn't turn that changing code on with mine though.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
Probably. I know what the problem is but I didn't realize they would run my credit again. Oh well.

Hmmmm - It didn't run my credit. I wonder if it's random? It was run when I first signed up in the 2nd year of the program and then not again until last year's upgrade. My credit is locked and I'm always forgetting to unlock it when I need it. lol. But it all went through w/o me unlocking the credit file so no check this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.