Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hmmmm - It didn't run my credit. I wonder if it's random? It was run when I first signed up in the 2nd year of the program and then not again until last year's upgrade. My credit is locked and I'm always forgetting to unlock it when I need it. lol. But it all went through so no check this year.
Thats the only reason I can think why I wasn't approved because my payment is on autopay so I have never missed one.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Congratulations on settling on the new iPhone. It is great to see you and have you back. Let's change it up this year. Order the iPhone and do delivery at home so you can catch the plane with us all together?

I did order myself a new Apple Watch Ultra. So stocked! Happy and safe travels!
Cant wait to hear all about the Ultra!
I’m torn between deep purple and gold.
Coin flip!
Soon, they will all be going to sleep. LOL! Wonder what they were talking about.
Our group never sleeps-or at least we sleep in shifts
Stuck between Black or Purple lol. The Gold looks really nice too, though.
3 sided coin? Round robin? Rock Paper Scissors?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hmmmm - It didn't run my credit. I wonder if it's random? It was run when I first signed up in the 2nd year of the program and then not again until last year's upgrade. My credit is locked and I'm always forgetting to unlock it when I need it. lol. But it all went through w/o me unlocking the credit file so no check this year.
Usually first time is a hard inquire. Usually afterwards it is soft inquire but it can be hit or miss. I think once in a while they may do hard again. Also I'd probably unfreeze it for that time though, I've heard some had issues with getting pre-approved only to find out that they forgot to unfreeze it. But if it still works while freeze I guess that's good?

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Can’t remember, but did IUP refund the payments we made on the phones we were trading in, in the meantime? Payments are due on 20th. No way they close out the old loans by then. Or did they put them on “hold”?
Last year, our iPhone 12s were ordered in October 2020, so when pre-orders for 13s came around in September, before the 20th, you had to pay your 12th payment either - early enough to clear before you pre-ordered, or, at the time of your pre-order on the 13s.

I don't think there was a refund...the term of the IUP was 12 payments / 50% value to be eligible. No getting around that.

Reactions: beach bum

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Thats the only reason I can think why I wasn't approved because my payment is on autopay so I have never missed one.
In the past we have always had to pause the fraud guard-using Apple Card last couple of years (I think) has resulted in a soft check vs a full credit check. Anyhow, still have the fraud guard in place but my app says I am ready to go. Now I am starting to doubt myself 😩 Why is it so complicated? 🤦‍♀️

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019

That's a bummer. I'd try again later unless you know why it was declined? Maybe call Citizen's? Alternative is, if you have an Apple Card, purchase on the no-interest installment plan. You can sell the 13 on the open market ad pay off the Citizen's loan.

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I’m planning on ordering the Gold Pro Max. It should look good with the Umber leather case I ordered, if it is in fact a brown color. I don’t think I’ll order the very popular purple, but you never know I could change my mind before ordering time. I have my info saved on the Apple store app. My credit card info is also updated ready to go.

Reactions: 5105973 and Brad7

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
Last year, our iPhone 12s were ordered in October 2020, so when pre-orders for 13s came around in September, before the 20th, you had to pay your 12th payment either - early enough to clear before you pre-ordered, or, at the time of your pre-order on the 13s.

I don't think there was a refund...the term of the IUP was 12 payments / 50% value to be eligible. No getting around that.
Right, but after that, I remember seeing the loan on hold. So maybe when we upgrade on Friday, the same will happen and we won’t have to make payment #13.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Hmmmm - It didn't run my credit. I wonder if it's random? It was run when I first signed up in the 2nd year of the program and then not again until last year's upgrade. My credit is locked and I'm always forgetting to unlock it when I need it. lol. But it all went through w/o me unlocking the credit file so no check this year.
I've been in the IUP since the beginning, and it only hit my credit that very first time, never in any years since.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Only thing I sweat about mail in trade in is exactly that. Is it possible to trade it at Apple Store while pre ordering ?
I know some people had some luck trading it in at the store but some may not have had luck. I would think if you order it as in-store pick up you can trade it in at the store. If you did a home delivery, they do mail you a kit.

Reactions: Wolfs and Fred Zed

Gsxr750

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
Only thing I sweat about mail in trade in is exactly that. Is it possible to trade it at Apple Store while pre ordering ?
Yes. Bottom of my email reads

“What’s next: When you check out, you can choose to have a trade-in kit sent to you. Or you can bring your trade-in to an Apple Store.”

Reactions: Wolfs and Fred Zed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.