Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
If you call UPS or contact UPS online they will tell you. There is an assigned destination hub by UPS. You just have to make sure it’s the right one and not something inside like Walgreens or a random store.
How do you go about having it held at a UPS CC? Do you just email them your tracking number (when you get it) and tell them that you want it held so that you can pick it up on release date? Also are we guaranteed to be able to pick it up on release date when the CC opens if we email them in advance?? Thanks in advance!

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I am an Android user converting to iPhone. I pre registered yesterday and got qualified for the monthly installments. I place an order on apple.com at 5:01am today. Like a lot of people I get error messages and finally somehow was able to check out with the Apple monthly Installments plan even though I only have a credit limit of 1500. My $1499 phone went over limit with the taxes. But I still got an email with a delivery date at 5:11am.
I has spoken to an agent the day before and I was told I could split the payment during checkout but that never appeared.

Now I don't know what will happen to my order. When I press on the hyperlink in the email it sends to the "something went wrong" page and nothing appears in "my orders" on my account. Also, nothing appears on card.apple.com either.

No luck talking to agents all day. Anyone had anything somewhat similar to this?

View attachment 2056134
View attachment 2056135
Welcome! I haven’t come across your situation before, unfortunately, but I can suggest Apple’s agents may be better equipped to help you rather than Apple Card/Goldman Sachs agents when it comes to paying for the order with multiple sources. Although you may have already tried Apple agents. Unless GS agents are able to increase your credit limit to cover the taxes, as well.

Sorry, that’s all I can think of. Hope there’s a way you can join us soon!

hewhohoggs

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
For anyone that had issues and couldn’t get through like me… I finally got an order in for a 14 pro/black/128 about 2 hours after preorder open. I was getting an October 10-17 ETA.

I cancelled my order and went through t-mobiles site just now and have an ETA of Sept 16th. Reached out to T-Mobile who confirmed it is expected on release day… they have other models on the site with layer estimated ship dates so I’m guessing their stock/ETA’s are relatively accurate but I suppose I’ll believe it when I get my phone…

importraverxx

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
You can request a hold online via My UPS after it gets scan in KY. I've been picking up at UPS CC when they open at 9am since the Iphone 6S. You should be able to find the tracking some times next week using the order # as reference.

How do you go about having it held at a UPS CC? Do you just email them your tracking number (when you get it) and tell them that you want it held so that you can pick it up on release date? Also are we guaranteed to be able to pick it up on release date when the CC opens if we email them in advance?? Thanks in advance!

iamthedudeman

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2007
Yes that's true! The version I got for my 13 Pro has a tiny tiny cut out at top for the audio I'm guessing? I know they have higher end screen protectors, I get the 3 screen protectors because I always drop my phone and at times my screen protector cracks...
Just bought the ESR. I usually buy the ***** because of their Oleophobic coating is usually the best. No finger prints hardly ever. Wondering if the ESR is just as good.

moyjoy

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2019
New York
No, I haven't. I don't own an iPhone yet. I think that Apple Wallet feature is only available on iPhones. I placed my order online on the Web.

Thank you for your response though. I'm looking forward to experience IOS... I'm very excited. I just hope this order goes through or has a solution.
🤦🏾‍♀️ right. I forgot about that. Good luck! I hope you get it sorted!

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
@hungryteresa Do you know if it’s a Holiday on Monday in 🇨🇳 China? Or is it a regular working day??
I checked with my friend who works with factories in China for tech stuff (TDK not Apple) and he said that their factories are closed on Saturday, but will be open on Monday. He also said that Apple can ask the factory to work overtime on Monday. TDK's factories are working overtime this coming Monday. Most likely Apple is paying overtime too for Foxconn employees to work on Monday. Hope that helps!! 😅

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Anyone who’s doing a pickup get charged the tax yet? I’m in the iUP and doing a pickup on release day, but haven’t gotten charged the tax.

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Why is this case supposedly so good ? lol

That's... hideous. Are people going for the ironically ugly look? It looks like it has the chickenpox and warts at the same time.

Reactions: blueeyes2die4

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Just bought the ESR. I usually buy the ***** because of their Oleophobic coating is usually the best. No finger prints hardly ever. Wondering if the ESR is just as good.
What brand? I'n not sure what ***** is? Apple? I really like ESR. It's easy to install with barely any bubbles. I like that it comes with an installation frame.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Hello all! Long time lurker, first post. HaHa.
Just hanging out and seeing what phones people ordered/ are ordering. I got that Deep Purple 14 Pro 128GB, also snagged one of the Watch Ultra. Delivery set for 9/16. Now just waiting for movement of any sort, still says processing for me.
**watch is 9/23
Welcome to the annual party!

Nah I ordered for pickup in store at 8am next Friday. My status won’t change til the night before probably to “ready for pickup”.

In Australia, our iPhones don’t get tracked from China and we get tracking info the night before. Not as fun as you guys and girls in the US to see it move from China and Alaska and US.
Yeah, but you get to have not-quite-as-much-fun in Australia! I love it there

I know everyone was up early today, so get some rest tonight. Tomorrow has the potential to be an exciting day if people start getting shipping notices. For those of us still stuck processing, like me, maybe we will be preparing by morning! These guys already bailed on me
IMG_7602.jpg

moyjoy

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2019
New York
No, I haven't. I don't own an iPhone yet. I think that Apple Wallet feature is only available on iPhones. I placed my order online on the Web.

Thank you for your response though. I'm looking forward to experience IOS... I'm very excited. I just hope this order goes through or has a solution.
Can you quickly pay the amount they charged immediately? Would that bring you under the limit for the rest of the payment?

-
it’s not coming from China so I think might actually be the case I ordered and it’s less than a lb

View attachment 2056152
Almost gave me a heart attack. 100% sure it is an iPhone case. All iPhones weigh 0.40 KGS. If you don’t see that number then it is not an iPhone.

E0BA76C6-B683-4852-A481-15107E2E9E70.jpeg

Reactions: Wolfs and Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.