Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Legendary post! You won my heart. Setting no limits to not upgrading to an iPhone. iPhone Forever 👑. Being unemployed did not stop you not to upgrade to a new iPhone. That's passion right there. The next time I visit NYC, I'm buying you breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Spoil the heck out of you. Yes, drinks are included.

Love to iPhone ❤️
Haha!!! Hopefully the next time you're back I will be gainfully employed. ❤️ Let's HANG though! :)

Haha!!! Hopefully the next time you're back I will be gainfully employed. ❤️ Let's HANG though! :)
For sure! Oh, you can order whatever you want. Order yourself a Lobster or swordfish 🦞 with some Patron.

This time I was only in NYC for 72 hours so I had to cover the whole city. I had a city pass and back-to-back reservations. Within 3 days of being there, I slept only 10 hours and only eat twice. I wanted to cover the ground as much as I could. I was so mad when I was due to return to Las Vegas because I didn’t fully get to enjoy it. But I did have a blast. Brooklyn is a vibe! Whole different set of energy there.

Last edited:

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
@hungryteresa Legendary post!

You won my heart. Setting no limits to not upgrading to an iPhone. iPhone Forever 👑. Being unemployed did not stop you not to upgrade to a new iPhone. That's passion right there. The next time I visit NYC, I'm buying you breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Spoil the heck out of you. Yes, drinks are included.

Love to iPhone ❤️

I wanna be spoiled...

But my version of spoiled is 100LL AV fuel... lmao

arbi4ever

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2018
BestBuy is giving extra $100 promotion for trade-in.
I trade in my iPhone 13 Pro for a $600+$100 promotion, a total of $700, with a same-day 9/16 pick-up.

1662784893382.png

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Yes I can. And I immediately thought of that too but when I log into the card.apple website I am not able to make a payment though because it shows no charge (0 balance...not even a pending charge).

I just replied to the email I received this morning to see if there is a response. It hasn't bounced the email back. I will keep trying to talk to an agent.
Have you considered calling Apple customer service and see if you can resolve it over the phone?

Reactions: Wolfs

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
For sure! Oh, you can order whatever you want. Order yourself a Lobster or swordfish 🦞

This time I was only in NYC for 72 hours so I had to cover the whole city. I had a city pass and back-to-back reservations. Within 3 days of being there, I slept only 10 hours and only eat twice. I wanted to cover the ground as much as I could. I was so mad when I was due to return to Las Vegas because I didn’t fully get to enjoy it. But I did have a blast. Brooklyn is a vibe! Whole different set of energy there.
NYC truly is so vast. I went on two separate trips, a whole day and night on each, and still felt like I barely scratched the surface.

NYC truly is so vast. I went on two separate trips, a whole day and night on each, and still felt like I barely scratched the surface.
Yeah, totally robust!

I wish I could take 1-2 weeks off from my job. I would totally stay. It’s a wild city. I got lost in the subway 3-4 times it was nerve wrecking 😂

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
I am an Android user converting to iPhone. I pre registered yesterday and got qualified for the monthly installments. I place an order on apple.com at 5:01am today. Like a lot of people I get error messages and finally somehow was able to check out with the Apple monthly Installments plan even though I only have a credit limit of 1500. My $1499 phone went over limit with the taxes. But I still got an email with a delivery date at 5:11am.
I has spoken to an agent the day before and I was told I could split the payment during checkout but that never appeared.

Now I don't know what will happen to my order. When I press on the hyperlink in the email it sends to the "something went wrong" page and nothing appears in "my orders" on my account. Also, nothing appears on card.apple.com either.

No luck talking to agents all day. Anyone had anything somewhat similar to this?

View attachment 2056134
View attachment 2056135
Totally agree with @Brad7.

It seems possible to contact Apple Card customer service and ask them to extend your credit limit a bit -- temporarily, just a few hundred. Just let them know what you're trying to do, and I think they should help.

As well, keep trying to contact Apple by chat or by phone. Explain the situation. Let them know the effort you made in setting up everything and ordering promptly. They will likely try to help you, too.

Hopefully the worst thing that happens is that your phone is delayed just a little bit, but it still comes and you enjoy it.

But Apple wants you as their customer, and we welcome you to our world of enjoying Apple! Good luck and keep us posted.

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Welcome to the annual party!

Yeah, but you get to have not-quite-as-much-fun in Australia! I love it there

I know everyone was up early today, so get some rest tonight. Tomorrow has the potential to be an exciting day if people start getting shipping notices. For those of us still stuck processing, like me, maybe we will be preparing by morning! These guys already bailed on me View attachment 2056150
Did those wolfs [sic] get up early to order iPhones as well?

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Yes I can. And I immediately thought of that too but when I log into the card.apple website I am not able to make a payment though because it shows no charge (0 balance...not even a pending charge).

I just replied to the email I received this morning to see if there is a response. It hasn't bounced the email back. I will keep trying to talk to an agent.
This is awesome. You're being proactive and coming up with your own idea. I recommend calling Apple Card (Goldman Sachs) to talk to a live person. Explain that you'll pay a little bit more now to cover the taxes. You just want them to let the purchase go through so that you can get your phone.

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
I thought I have read someone said you can’t bring in your phone to trade in. you can still trade in at the store. From Apple website. This is what I am doing. View attachment 2056139
Come to think of it. When I first got my Apple Card a few years ago, I did multiple orders of iPhones--trying to get the right one to the right store--and ended up with like three phones which was over my initial limit. I called and explained and they temporarily adjusted my limit. Since then, I've been a good little customer, and they just keep raising my limit. So you might not have issues like this again after you get this sorted. 🤞🏻

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
This year was smoother for me than previous years. Actually got in the store at about 5:01am and had order confirmation emails at 5:03 and 5:04. Usually I don't get to order until about 5:30-5:45am due to errors. Current order status is showing: "Your order is being prepared for shipment."

Questions for those who have done a trade-in in previous years:

1. Should I mail it in or drop it off at a store?
2. If I go to a store, is Saturday 9/17 too early to go? Should I wait at least a week?
1. Yes, definitely go to store. So many bad anecdotes about mailing it in.
2. Go on Saturday if you're jazzed on seeing all the excitement. But you should be good as long as you get it to them before the 14-day return period.

zfletch74

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2020
So iUP phone is preparing to ship, but my Apple Card hasn’t been charged taxes/first payment nor have I received the citizens email yet. Any reason to be worried?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.