Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

ArizonaBombero

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Can you quickly pay the amount they charged immediately? Would that bring you under the limit for the rest of the payment?
Yes I can. And I immediately thought of that too but when I log into the card.apple website I am not able to make a payment though because it shows no charge (0 balance...not even a pending charge).

I just replied to the email I received this morning to see if there is a response. It hasn't bounced the email back. I will keep trying to talk to an agent.

If you are gonna pick it up at UPS CC do it as soon as you get a tracking number. Dont wait until its in KY
Highly suggest doing it when it's up in the air and departed from Anchorage, Alaska to Louisville, Kentucky. Once you receive an arrival scan in Louisville, KY. The system will tag it and flag it automatically to put it on hold for the customer to be picked up. From there it will be assigned and departed to a final destination flight and UPS will hold your package for you to pick it up.

Long story short. Request to hold and picked up when you see “departed from Anchorage, Alaska” scan.

Last edited:

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Highly suggest doing it when it's up in the air and departed from Anchorage, Alaska to Louisville, Kentucky. Once you receive an arrival scan in Louisville, KY. The system
will tag it to put it on hold for the customer to be picked up. From there it will be assign and department to a destination final flight and UPS will hold your package for you to pick it up.
Ahhh ok. This makes me nervous. What if it accidentally gets held up in another state and it actually delays it more???

I guess that’s the chance u take?

Ahhh ok. This makes me nervous. What if it accidentally gets held up in another state and it actually delays it more???

I guess that’s the chance u take?
No, there are no chances as long you request it after it departs from Anchorage, Alaska. By the time it gets to Kentucky, the system will flag it and they will put a new sticker on it and put it on the final destination departing flight. Look out for an import scan. It will not be held up in another state. I expect everyone should have an import scan stamp on Thursday.

Example: If you request it to be on hold after it arrives in KY there is a chance it may miss the flight. This happened to me last year and I ended up getting 2 “import scans”. Because they were moving my package around. It did get delivered but my iPhone 13 Pro Max had to catch a red-eye flight. If you see yourself in that situation then request to be put on hold after it departs from KY to your hometown. Bottom line: request it after it departs.

Last edited:

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
No, there are no chances as long you request it after it departs from Anchorage, Alaska. By the time it gets to Kentucky, the system will flag it and they will put a new sticker on it and put it on the final destination departing flight. Look out for an import scan. It will not be held up in another state. I expect everyone should have an import scan stamp on Thursday.

Example: If you request it to be on hold after it strives to KY there is a chance it may miss the flight.
Ahhh ok. Request after departs from Alaska!

Chum_805

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
Santa Barbara
Manage to snag these bad boys plus Aipods pro 2 at 5 in the morning. can't wait for a mini vacation in dynamic island
IMG_0907.jpeg

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
SOS

Maybe someone here happens to know what kind of mess I *could* cause myself…

My employer provides an ATT issued physical sim card that I have in my current 12 Pro Max as well as a T-Mobile eSIM. I don’t have access to works ATT account to call and do anything in the event anything goes awry. In Settings>Cellular>Click “Work Number” there is a “Convert to eSIM” option at bottom of plans page. Is that 100% successful? Click it and no further interaction required?

ATT explanation makes it sound like I shouldn’t have issues?

I want to get this figured out before my 14 Pro Max arrives.

dfb13a5c38252562070dccf696e16767.png

Reactions: Brad7
That is my assumption, that we can do it as soon as it shows up on UPS/has been shipped. This is my first time, though, so I will defer to the preorder veterans here to confirm.
You can do it right after it says it’s shipped from China but it’s a hassle to request it because you have to contact the international UPS department and it’s a hot mess. Not worth it. Local states can't do anything because it has not passed the clearance from the U.S. government in Anchorage, Alaska.

Before it arrives in Alaska, the Chinese government is held responsible for the package. The iPhones must go through the government clearance from China… and then 2nd clearance in Anchorage, Alaska.

The government clearance in China always takes a long time and there is a delay.

• Love
Reactions: svish and Brad7

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
There are 3 UPS CC's near me... can I request to have it held at any one of the three and pick it up launch day? Or am I supposed to pick a specific one based on my area

Reactions: Brad7

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
This year was smoother for me than previous years. Actually got in the store at about 5:01am and had order confirmation emails at 5:03 and 5:04. Usually I don't get to order until about 5:30-5:45am due to errors. Current order status is showing: "Your order is being prepared for shipment."

Questions for those who have done a trade-in in previous years:

1. Should I mail it in or drop it off at a store?
2. If I go to a store, is Saturday 9/17 too early to go? Should I wait at least a week?

Reactions: Wolfs and Brad7

ArizonaBombero

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Welcome! I haven’t come across your situation before, unfortunately, but I can suggest Apple’s agents may be better equipped to help you rather than Apple Card/Goldman Sachs agents when it comes to paying for the order with multiple sources. Although you may have already tried Apple agents. Unless GS agents are able to increase your credit limit to cover the taxes, as well.

Sorry, that’s all I can think of. Hope there’s a way you can join us soon!
Just an update.

I was able to talk to someone on the phone just right now. It seems that they are not as busy as earlier.

The agent was very helpful. Although she couldn't find my order the first time, she made a little research and then came back and read a long written statement, pretty much saying that some orders would take some time to appear and to try again in a couple more hours. I asked her if the delivery date sent in my confirmation email would get delayed and she stated she could not answer that referenced back a portion of the statement she read.

At least I have an answer and some hope. Thank you all for your ideas. I will let you know the outcome.

There are 3 UPS CC's near me... can I request to have it held at any one of the three and pick it up launch day? Or am I supposed to pick a specific one based on my area
Based on your area. Ask the UPS worker which one is assigned to u for the Friday delivery guaranteed. If you pick another one there is a chance you will get it on Saturday or next business day. Because it will get on the truck and transport it to a different hub which causes the delay.

dweb619_2

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
I wouldn’t be worrying about UPS tracking info until late Sunday or early Monday. Then around Wednesday evening, it will arrive at the UPS hub. After late Thursday evening or early early Friday, you’ll get out for delivery notification. Or at least that's how it's been for the past few years.

Reactions: Wolfs
I checked with my friend who works with factories in China for tech stuff (TDK not Apple) and he said that their factories are closed on Saturday, but will be open on Monday. He also said that Apple can ask the factory to work overtime on Monday. TDK's factories are working overtime this coming Monday. Most likely Apple is paying overtime too for Foxconn employees to work on Monday. Hope that helps!! 😅
Wonderful! Thank you for looking into this. Glad, it's not a holiday. Tracking numbers should populate soon then.

moyjoy

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2019
New York
SOS

Maybe someone here happens to know what kind of mess I *could* cause myself…

My employer provides an ATT issued physical sim card that I have in my current 12 Pro Max as well as a T-Mobile eSIM. I don’t have access to works ATT account to call and do anything in the event anything goes awry. In Settings>Cellular>Click “Work Number” there is a “Convert to eSIM” option at bottom of plans page. Is that 100% successful? Click it and no further interaction required?

ATT explanation makes it sound like I shouldn’t have issues?

I want to get this figured out before my 14 Pro Max arrives.

dfb13a5c38252562070dccf696e16767.png
Skip all this and just call them. I changed employers in January and all of those instructions ended up contradicting each other. When I called customer service they walked me through some things and then they hung up while things happened and then I called them back when it reactivated (I got an email with instructions to call) and then she confirmed things were also good to go on her end.

How do you go about having it held at a UPS CC? Do you just email them your tracking number (when you get it) and tell them that you want it held so that you can pick it up on release date? Also are we guaranteed to be able to pick it up on release date when the CC opens if we email them in advance?? Thanks in advance!
You can email, or contact UPS. Last year UPS was telling people to do it online. They will walk u through the process. It's very easy.

I wouldn’t be worrying about UPS tracking info until late Sunday or early Monday. Then around Wednesday evening, it will arrive at the UPS hub. After late Thursday evening or early early Friday, you’ll get out for delivery notification. Or at least that's how it's been for the past few years.
Some of the lucky/early bird ones will get a new tracking number assigned by tomorrow evening. Everyone should have their tracking number by Sunday at the latest. All USA time. China is one day ahead of us.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Skip all this and just call them. I changed employers in January and all of those instructions ended up contradicting each other. When I called customer service they walked me through some things and then they hung up while things happened and then I called them back when it reactivated (I got an email with instructions to call) and then she confirmed things were also good to go on her end.

Historically they won’t help me or entertain me at all; I’m NOT(my name) on works ATT account.

Well I have all day to be on the forums without worrying about "working". I guess one of the benefits to being unemployed right now. 🤪
@hungryteresa Legendary post!

You won my heart. Setting no limits to not upgrading to an iPhone. iPhone Forever 👑. Being unemployed did not stop you not to upgrade to a new iPhone. That's passion right there. The next time I visit NYC, I'm buying you breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Spoil the heck out of you. Yes, drinks are included.

Love to iPhone ❤️

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Grrrr...two calls with Apple today and both reps were unable to change my ship address (old house...my fault).

They both said just wait and the edit button will show up as it processes more, but I think it is "ready to ship" because I'm also getting a return box for my current phone.

Guess I just need to check every hour all day long to see if the status changes and I am allowed to change the shipping address.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.