Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
A Dynamic Island to an iPhone 14.

FcOvyMgWIAAhOAM

moyjoy

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2019
New York
Grrrr...two calls with Apple today and both reps were unable to change my ship address (old house...my fault).

They both said just wait and the edit button will show up as it processes more, but I think it is "ready to ship" because I'm also getting a return box for my current phone.

Guess I just need to check every hour all day long to see if the status changes and I am allowed to change the shipping address.
That happened with a watch band I ordered and I was able to change it at processing (it arrives the 16th on release day). I’m still able to change it. I think you’re correct about not being able to do it at “ready to ship”. I can keep checking as well and see if the shipping edit button disappears after mine changes and let you know.

moyjoy

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2019
New York
Historically they won’t help me or entertain me at all; I’m NOT(my name) on works ATT account.
Ah so you’re not switching to your own service. Previously I would have to call the Mobility people to activate new phones (where I didn’t just swap the physical sim). That actually made it so my boss had to approve the change on their end. I hope this helps!

Reactions: Brad7

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
I believe you can also sign it electronically and you won't have to worry about it.
That would be majorly convenient. Then I can just have someone pick it up for me until I get back from vacation. I completely forgot that's the day I'm leaving, lol. 😅 At least I'll have something awesome to play with when I get back.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Last year they did require it but you can also sign it electronically. It's different for every city. Some UPS hubs enforces it and some don't.
For what it's worth, the iPhone 14 PM case I got today said it required a signature. However, I signed the signature release electronically and the UPS guy left it hidden on my porch. No idea whether or not he would have left it anyway.

For what it's worth, the iPhone 14 PM case I got today said it required a signature. However, I signed the signature release electronically and the UPS guy left it hidden on my porch. No idea whether or not he would have left it anyway.
As long you sign it electronically they will leave it on the porch. You gave them permission . UPS got very lenient with that policy because of COVID too.

That would be majorly convenient. Then I can just have someone pick it up for me until I get back from vacation. I completely forgot that's the day I'm leaving, lol. 😅 At least I'll have something awesome to play with when I get back.
I don't remember. Feel like you can get on the UPS site (or whatever carrier) and sign away your obligation/right to sign for delivery, and they can just leave it?

But I've been dong BOPIS (look at me, I used the acronym!) for years now, so I defer to @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 ...?
@Shh Honestly, If I was in your shoes. I would request to hold your iPhone at the UPS Hub. You can pick it up when you get back from your vacation. It will be there waiting for you. How long is your vacation?

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
iPhone 14 Pro Cases!

FcOWmE4WQAALjrZ

FcOWmE5X0AA_2-T
Thank you for sharing!!!

I tried to see them at an Apple Store today, and they said they would only open the box if and after I purchased that case. I may have been a little snide when I said, great I'll just buy them all and return a whole bunch of open boxes.

Anyway!

Did you get these? Do you have photos of all of them? I'm curious how black or not black the midnight is? How much blue is seeping in.

Also curious about the yellow. What would you compare that color to in the real world?

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
@Shh Honestly, If I was in your shoes. I would request to hold your iPhone at the UPS Hub. You can pick it up when you get back from your vacation. It will be there waiting for you. How long is your vacation?
You wouldn't fit into my Keebler elf sized shoes. o_O

I come back Monday, so 4 days. I don't trust UPS to hold anything. Last time I had them do that, they lost my package.

• Haha
Reactions: Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.