Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Attachments

• 6385CB38-FF40-4AC8-A3CA-B684196D91FC.jpeg
    6385CB38-FF40-4AC8-A3CA-B684196D91FC.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 55

MrRom92

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2021
Are you a 9/23 'postal service' order with a 'preparing to ship' order status?
Yes - mine was 9/16 at the time of order, and then the order details showed 9/23 immediately after. I’m hoping it moves back to the 16th!
I ordered the 1TB gold 14 pro max, and had my order completed at 8:04. Store didn’t open till 8:02

If anyone is already seeing details in UPS I also wonder if they are part of the 9/23 “postal service” crowd

Reactions: Brad7 and ShiftLft

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Just got a UPS notification that my 256 GB SB 14 Pro Max will deliver on 9/16 with an origin scan in China this morning.

The Apple Store app still says delivering by postal service on 9/23 but I’m hoping it’ll update to match what UPS is showing soon.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, let this be true!

Wait, did you have expedited shipping?

tgenius

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
Seems like all the origin scans were at 9PM China time, so we were all on the same palette I’d imagine.

Reactions: Brad7
Just got a UPS notification that my 256 GB SB 14 Pro Max will deliver on 9/16 with an origin scan in China this morning.

The Apple Store app still says delivering by postal service on 9/23 but I’m hoping it’ll update to match what UPS is showing soon.
Thank you for reporting! That postal service message is a hoax. It’s a glitch. All iPhones are coming from China. USPS will not be the freight carrier. They do not have a contract with Apple.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014

I have seen over past few years the apple store delivery info often does not do much updating until it arrives in US, and often until I have the phone in my hands. The UPS info is probably correct and if they say 9/16 then you are part of this batch with us all. You would think when the UPS info starts they would update but no, and especially arrival date you got in store app will probably stick through delivery day and arrival.

Reactions: Brad7
I have seen over past few years the apple store delivery info often does not do much updating until it arrives in US, and often until I have the phone in my hands. The UPS info is probably correct and if they say 9/16 then you are part of this batch with us all. You would think when the UPS info starts they would update but no, and especially arrival date you got in store app will probably stick through delivery day and arrival.
Apple Store delivery app will not update until it gets to Louisville, Kentucky after the “Import Scan”. The reason why because the package has to go through customs and Chinese Government has to approve it. It is an international package so there are international rules and laws that get applied. Expect the Apple store to update on Thursday. We will all get notified by Apple.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Apple Store delivery app will not update until it gets to Louisville, Kentucky after the “Import Scan”. The reason why that the package has to go through the custom and Chinese Government has to approve it. It is an international package so there are international rules and laws that get applied. Expect the Apple store to update on Thursday. We will all get notified by Apple.
Yeah that usually is place and no sooner, but some years the Louisville import and even travel to my home in Illinois finds the app with no updates, seems there various servers do not always update quickly in my experience. But once we have our UPS info to track that does not matter where it occurs to me

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
The video made me change my mind on the Midnight silicone. So I canceled my order and I ordered the orange leather one. I was wanting a black black (lol) case.
I have a Midnight Leather already and it is about Black. Picking up an Ink Leather case today and I'll have them side by side. I was looking for a more bluish black, myself.

Yeah that usually is place and no sooner, but some years the Louisville import and even travel to my home in Illinois finds the app with no updates, seems there various servers do not always update quickly in my experience
Tracking will be a little limited but come Thursday we will all have full transcriptions of exactly what happened. I hope there is not going to be any type of delays with the traveling.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Tracking will be a little limited but come Thursday we will all have full transcriptions of exactly what happened. I hope there is not going to be any type of delays with the traveling.
Yep hope traveling goes well. It is near the end before we see all UPS details and any apple store updates. So many servers, very busy with millions of iphones hard to track them all however the servers talk, communicate between UPS and Apple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.