Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Did some research for you look like your iPhone was manufactured here and coming from where my iPhone 13 Pro Max In Sierra blue came from last year.

View attachment 2056482
Interesting. I thought the origin info was much different than my 13 ProMax last year. Are they part of Foxconn or totally separate not as familiar with this name. Would be interesting to see where various folks Pro’s and ProMax’s are coming from. Wonder if they are doing all the pros or just one more factory in the rumored big orders of Pros that the press talked about yesterday (85 percent of production or such)

Did some research for you look like your iPhone was manufactured here and coming from where my iPhone 13 Pro Max In Sierra blue came from last year.

View attachment 2056482
@rjjacobson
Also, here are pictures of where your iPhone originated. It’s a good 11-hour drive to the airport from where it was manufactured. Expect your package to be loaded in a truck an it will travel via road to the Shanghai, Airport before it takes a departing flight.

2794CFA9-F3F3-4276-9F73-E93ACC67931E.png
9E1BB8A9-8663-454C-97D5-1F6A09FEB4DA.jpeg

Attachments

• B1437492-E075-4338-9C66-2C84CA7091C8.png
    B1437492-E075-4338-9C66-2C84CA7091C8.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 49

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Wonder why the UPS origin label for many of us says ZhengZhou, CN when I thought most phones were assembled by Foxconn in Shenzhen. Anyone know?
They are being built in an Assembly plant. There are many assembly plants throughout China but they are nearby. But the majority of the iPhones do come from Zhengzhou. You can really narrow it down when UPS provides you with the information for the origin city.

Reactions: svish and Brad7

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
So iUP phone is preparing to ship, but my Apple Card hasn’t been charged taxes/first payment nor have I received the citizens email yet. Any reason to be worried?
Same. Not worried yet. If I don't see anything once it ships I will look into it.
I believe you can also sign it electronically and you won't have to worry about it.
I know in some years past it said electronic signature not available. It all depends on your particular carrier if you have to be there or they will just leave it.
I'd squeeze it between my butt cheeks and waddle off in a hurry.
And then you don't have to worry about anyone else wanting to borrow it!
I got this message for a package I should have received today. Today it showed up close to the delivery location but says it will now get delivered Monday 😡. Fun times with UPS.

Uncontrollable events have delayed delivery. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible. Please check back on the next business day for updates.
09/08/2022 10:00 PM
Again, where is the eye roll post reaction? :rolleyes:
Everyone who has a new Pro or Pro Max case: compare the button alignment. It seems that Apple has made it more difficult to take accidental screen shots. Putting your thumb and finger directly opposite each other puts the volume finger in between the buttons instead of directly on the up volume button. I like this.

The new case is the clear case.
View attachment 2056243 View attachment 2056244
Thank the sweet baby Jesus! I have small hands. I do that all the time!

UPS notification this morning that one of my phones has shipped! This is the earliest I have ever received notice from them on a phone launch. Now to just figure out which one it is.
Very nice! Congratulations. You are on that early bird train with the many. Traveling by airfare wouldn’t start until tomorrow (USA) time. However, you will see activity showing up since the trucks have to take your package to 🇨🇳 CGO airport.

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
I found tracking by reference but I am sending it to my office so can’t register to UPS My Choice or get the full tracking number :/

• Sad
Reactions: Brad7

MrRom92

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2021
I forget, what exactly do we use to find tracking by reference? 10 digit phone number? I can’t come up with anything. I’ll be really relieved if I see anything on UPS today so I know it’s not really coming by “postal service”… or on 9/23 either for that matter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.