Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
What an awesome post!! I was here during the iPhone 12 launch and I remember you tracking the flights and we were part of the #9:20 gang! It was fun tracking the entire trip. I skipped the 13, but I’ll be here for the 14 launch (yay purple)! 🥳
Wow! Legendary #9:20 gang! What a proud member we have here. Welcome aboard, hoping for smooth and safe travels this year. Let’s get it!

I was definitely NOT in the group that sat in ZZ the whole week. I believe my shipment left ZZ that Tuesday night. I was part of the 6:05 gang.
6:05 gang! I remember, you caught the early flight and stayed in Anchorage, Alaska, and then Louisville, Kentucky for a long time. Lucky! The struggle was real for us.

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
While I do like the 8a EDT pre-order time now, there’s something I still miss about getting up at 2:50 EDT and hitting refresh while half asleep and going delirious waiting for the store to open - I’d have my iPhone app, iPad app, Chrome apple.com, and Safari apple.com refreshing at once. Ah, the good ol days.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
6:05 gang! I remember, you caught the early flight and stayed in Anchorage, Alaska, and then Louisville, Kentucky for a long time. Lucky! The struggle was real for us.
Yeah, I felt bad for those that were stuck in ZZ as late as Thursday night and were getting really nervous and then, they magically showed up at their local hub on the truck for delivery on launch day!

Yeah, I felt bad for those that were stuck in ZZ as late as Thursday night and were getting really nervous and then, they magically showed up at their local hub on the truck for delivery on launch day!
I remember that and we were transferred into different planes back to back. Also, remember some of us catching the charter flight? Crazy good times. 😥

• Wow
Reactions: Wolfs and ksujoel

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Don’t do it. Ur going to miss out on the fun. Do home delivery or pick up at UPS hub. People were regretting it last year that they did store pick up. Only do that if you don’t have another option.

You probably do have a point. I did in store pick up back in 2019 for my 11 pro Max and it was kind of a mess. The line was crazy long and the apple store didn't have enough employees to keep up with the crowds coming in to pick up their phones.

Charter flights?? Wow, I must've missed that and I'm sure that took quite the investigative eye!
Yeah, maybe that was last year but we were off the radar for a while. All the scanning showed up 5-6 hours later. Somehow, we went from China to Louisville, Kentucky. Didn’t even see any scans for Alaska. It could have been for the iPhone 12 too. I’m not sure but that was a wild ride.

Reactions: ksujoel
You probably do have a point. I did in store pick up back in 2019 for my 11 pro Max and it was kind of a mess. The line was crazy long and the apple store didn't have enough employees to keep up with the crowds coming in to pick up their phones.
Trust me! Travel with us and put the package on hold and then pick it up at a UPS hub first thing in the morning.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Did anyone else encounter this error? Getting a similar error on desktop too.

Attachments

• IMG_3697.PNG
    IMG_3697.PNG
    363.3 KB · Views: 56

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
For those who pre-ordered last year, did you guys have issues using Apple Pay vs just picking a specific card to pay with? Trying to figure out which method to save for my pre-preorder. I heard last year ppl had trouble with Apple Pay but I’m not sure if that was just for ppl using the Apple Card through Apple Pay (which I’m not).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.