Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
Converted my physical sim to eSim today (Verizon). Was a pretty easy process on their website.

Hopefully it's easy to transfer to a new phone next week. Didn't want to have to deal with that on iPhone release weekend when surely many people will be activating eSims for the first time.
what carrier do you have?

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Pretty much. Has me kinda worried actually, I'm gonna have to be on time at 5am which I might flop. 😂

The purple and dynamic island are both the iPhone "status symbols" this year.
I'm really worried about the delay that might be incurred by doing this whole T-Mobile EIP plan (which I have to do to get the $1000 credit for my 13 PM).

I'm in Hawaii right now and the delivery windows here don't even start until the following Monday after the Friday release.

Ponylover52

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2022
FYI was told by T-Mobile just now the transfer to e-sim needs to be done manually when you activate. Gonna be some long hold times next Friday. :/
I do in fact feel like apple just did this and it has caught carriers a little off foot. Yes esim is an option for most the US players but it’s not exactly seamless and a lot of times not self serviceable which makes an inherit pita if you do need one (restoring the phone or what not)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.