Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Good luck to you! How hard is it to find a job in New York City?
I was really stressed out about the job market because it seems like every week these unicorn startups (valued over $1 billion) are doing mass layoffs, but it hasn’t been as bad as I expected. I also was laid off due to my company restructuring and reducing staff by 20%. I decided to do a career change during this time, so it’s been exciting. I’ve been getting a few phone screens and interviews (tons of rejections too), so I’m hopeful! Also, there’s still a lot of remote only jobs so I’m applying to those as well. My goal is to have a new job in Product Management by Thanksgiving. Thanks for your support. 🙏🏼🥰

Bigger/brighter screen, longer battery life, what's not to love?
Most importantly! It’s freaking Titanium! You are going to love it. Titanium feels so nice and sturdy! It has an amazing feel to it and the frame stays cold. It’s also lightweight too. Scratch resistance! I love that metal.

Ponylover52

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2022
5AM everyone on the West Coast! Be up earlier than that tho. Not at 5:10 😂
5:10 and these phones will be arriving in October, that buzz is in the air this time around. Doesn’t apple realize give us the colors we clamor for and no other reason is needed to upgrade. The aesthetic and design of any product are easily 60% of my purchase decision.

I know damn well you are not using all that storage 🤪😭😂
You sure about that?

1662690880258.jpeg

I was really stressed out about the job market because it seems like every week these unicorn startups (valued over $1 billion) are doing mass layoffs, but it hasn’t been as bad as I expected. I also was laid off due to my company restructuring and reducing staff by 20%. I decided to do a career change during this time, so it’s been exciting. I’ve been getting a few phone screens and interviews (tons of rejections too), so I’m hopeful! Also, there’s still a lot of remote only jobs so I’m applying to those as well. My goal is to have a new job in Product Management by Thanksgiving. Thanks for your support. 🙏🏼🥰
When I went to NYC it was sad to see so many buildings all empty. Everyone is working from home. It's a wild job market right now. It takes time. The right job will fall in place for you. You already are living in a big city so you don't have to worry. When it's time you will know. All the best!! Good luck!!! 🍀

JonnyBravo

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2007
Glendale, CA
It is pretty fun to go pickup in-store on launch day. I’m the last stop for my UPS guy so I know I won’t get my iPhone 14 Pro until like 7pm EST on 9/16. If I did pickup I could go in at like 9am. 😬 I just love tracking my iPhone’s trip from China to NYC. I’m torn.

I did this last year for a Sat pick up time because i wasn't going to be home on launch day. I hadn't done an actual in store pick-up in a long time. While it was smooth, just brings me back to those early years with the long insane lines. Great times! But now..i definitely enjoy the camaraderie and sometimes angst of anticipation of the first week's delivery thread. :)

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Not that anyone cares, but I finally settled on Black for the 14 Pro Max. :cool:
Same 😂
Did you all pick out any Apple cases to go with your Space Black? I was so tempted by that color but my OCD eyes couldn’t find any case I really liked paired with the black :confused: Midnight Leather should be fine but in the sample image it looks coolish, almost with a blue cast, while the black of the phone itself has a warmer tone.

My next choices are purple and silver. Purple feels a tad cliche since it is the flagship color, but I do love the wine/berry vibe. Also red, purple, and green are supposedly my lucky colors, according to the Chinese zodiac (I currently have a green 13 mini + green Silicone Case 😍). But something neutral, long-lasting/classic, and versatile like silver would be nice for a change.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
FYI was told by T-Mobile just now the transfer to e-sim needs to be done manually when you activate. Gonna be some long hold times next Friday. :/

There is a self service option where you can log into your account on your browser (it may not show in the app) view your line and change or update SIM and there will be an option for eSIM to enter EID and get the QR code. I’ve been doing this way when I transfer to a new device. Just make sure your line is still active because you will need to get the PIN code to verify before it lets you proceed to input that info.

Did you all pick out any Apple cases to go with your Space Black? I was so tempted by that color but my OCD eyes couldn’t find any case I really liked paired with the be black :/ Midnight Leather should be fine but in the sample image it looks coolish, almost with a blue cast, while the black of the phone itself has a warmer tone.

My next choices are purple and silver. Purple feels a tad cliche since it is the flagship color, but I do love the wine/berry vibe. Also red, purple, and green are supposedly my lucky colors, according to the Chinese zodiac (I currently have a green 13 mini + green Silicone Case 😍). But something neutral, long-lasting/classic, and versatile like silver would be nice for a change.
What about Product red?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.