Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

sft109

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2009
My company reimburses me for my wireless bill and also part of my phone hardware cost if it is included on my wireless carrier bill. So I would like to make sure the new hardware cost is on my T-Mobile bill and not via Apple.

When I look at the Apple website to pre-order, I can select the T-Mobile Installment Plan and get the same $400 trade-in value for my iPhone X and it says the billing is handled by T-Mobile.

So does this mean Apple still ships my product but it gets linked to my T-Mo account? Is there a benefit from buying it this way from Apple vs. just ordering it from T-Mo directly?

Fine for me, but I'm on a gigabit line.
Do you have that fiber optic installed? Wonder if it's the same one.

5B651A1C-B7F7-4A76-96E2-B71645592424.jpeg

Reactions: svish
I think I’m ready for 5am. I’ve been preordering since 2007 and I’ve had every issue possible along the way, along with some flawless preorders. I was in the Apple Card mess up last year, been stuck in china, had to wait 10 minutes for the apple store to come up. You name it, it’s happened to me.

Tomorrow is going to be perfect!!

#920crew for life!
The struggle is real. You’ve been through everything. It’s wild. Hopefully, tomorrow goes smoothly for you. Good luck to you!!!

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Yup! Luckily I’m off tomorrow and will be having several glasses of🍷 while I order the phone. Don’t judge me…lol
Literally what I’m doing right now.

Let’s pour one out for SOPHIE, the pioneering queen of squids and purple. Rest in peace, Legend; You will never be forgotten. 😔

Attachments

• 3AF6C94C-E463-4F10-9A9E-3236798B494E.png
    3AF6C94C-E463-4F10-9A9E-3236798B494E.png
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 46

Ponylover52

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2022
Did you all pick out any Apple cases to go with your Space Black? I was so tempted by that color but my OCD eyes couldn’t find any case I really liked paired with the black :confused: Midnight Leather should be fine but in the sample image it looks coolish, almost with a blue cast, while the black of the phone itself has a warmer tone.

My next choices are purple and silver. Purple feels a tad cliche since it is the flagship color, but I do love the wine/berry vibe. Also red, purple, and green are supposedly my lucky colors, according to the Chinese zodiac (I currently have a green 13 mini + green Silicone Case 😍). But something neutral, long-lasting/classic, and versatile like silver would be nice for a change.
You don't get a color like space black to cover it up

• Love
Reactions: cswx and sorgo †

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
I did the “Get Ready’ for my iup order but now the app is asking me to get ready again… Anyone else?

danipersing

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Greenacres, WA
I did the “Get Ready’ for my iup order but now the app is asking me to get ready again… Anyone else?

If you look in the "for you" section of the app, is your pre-pre order info there? On the main page one the app, I see the 'get ready" thing, but my "for you" show my pre-order ready to go

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
So is the consensus to get into the apple store at 8 AM EST to just keep force closing and re-opening the app till it opens? Or should we just open it wait 30 seconds and then force close, re-open, and repeat till you get in? Sorry for the questions haha it’s my first time pre-ordering.

Reactions: Brad7

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
If you look in the "for you" section of the app, is your pre-pre order info there? On the main page one the app, I see the 'get ready" thing, but my "for you" show my pre-order ready to go
Ah yes. Thanks! Earlier today it seemed to remember I was ‘ready’ on the Home Screen. Good to know it will still remember on the ‘For You’ page instead.

Reactions: danipersing

danipersing

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Greenacres, WA
So is the consensus to get into the apple store at 8 AM EST to just keep force closing and re-opening the app till it opens? Or should we just open it wait 30 seconds and then force close, re-open, and repeat till you get in? Sorry for the questions haha it’s my first time pre-ordering.

I use multiple devices (phone, iPad, laptop) and will open app on one, force close, open app on other device, force close, refresh website, until one of them opens for me. Sometimes I get it on the app first, sometimes on the website.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
I always open it, see the waiting screen, then wait 10 sec, force close app, immediately reopen. Repeat until the waiting screen is gone upon opening app. Has never failed me in 8 years or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.