Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

heatherburks

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2019
That sounds like AT&T. I will never go back to AT&T -- terrible company, IMO.
Same! One time an upgrade order got canceled and it took 3 months and talking to the Office of the President after an FCC complaint to finally get my husband a phone. We promptly canceled. It was literally clicking a button they had to do, to release his upgrade. Literal worst experience I’ve ever had.

Jez1122

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2019
That sounds like AT&T. I will never go back to AT&T -- terrible company, IMO.
exactly. There is a part of me contemplating going to a different carrier, seeing if they have the phone I ordered and then canceling my Apple order that is tied to AT&T.

Reactions: Wolfs

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Feeling a little fearful as the UPS truck was at the street next to mine, dropping some stuff off, but didn't stop here - just went to the highway

hopefully they come back :(
While to us it would make sense to deliver to locations nearby, UPS deliveries are governed by Orion software which has the drivers crisscrossing back and forth across neighborhoods and towns. It isn't like the post service where they go street to street in some sort of order. UPS drivers are all over the place and will deliver to a house on a street and come back to the same street hours later to deliver to a house 3 doors down.

MrRom92

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2021
I didn’t even get it in the email like I usually do. Is it popping up on the app on and off?
Yeah, if I view the tracking info and refresh the page occasionally the live map is either there or not... Right now it’s not, so it’s back to posting here for now. Until its working again; then it’s back to watching the map like a hawk 😝

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
1663342080584.png

youchew

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2016
Mine has been at the local hub since 8 p.m. yesterday. No way it missed a truck.

Someone once said that UPS trucks only make right turns 90% of the time.
It would've been a right turn, but I'm just hoping it's how the route was set up and they'll be back 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: SoxX and Wolfs

c0LdFire

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2013
I put in an order for pickup this morning with a time slot tomorrow. It says ready for pickup already in the apple store app though… think I could safely swing by this afternoon once the line dies down?

It’s a decent drive away so I don’t want to waste a trip if they’re being strict.

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
This is the screen this morning for my Air Pod Pro 2. My Apple card was charged for them last night. I would be surprised to see them show up today but surely would not complain. I have a feeling they will be preparing for delivery for a week 😀
I still don't have a charge on my card or tracking anywhere. Hopefully this weekend they will start working on them. I'm sure they are already in the states unlike our phones.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
Random question: was your pro box shrink wrapped or did it come with no plastic wrap and only the green open tabs?

dtjn

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
A second delivery was added to My Choice tracking today. Are the trade in kits shipped by UPS? That's the only thing I can think of.

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
wow... I ordered from Apple (and tied it to my AT&T account) but when I went to AT&T this morning there was a guy in the store next to me who ordered directly from AT&T with an Oct. delivery date and I heard them tell him he was not allowed to cancel his order and then pick one up in the store today. He said it was a new policy because it caused a backlog of orders and he walked out. I would have been allowed to do it since I ordered from Apple but they said there could be a waiting time before it detached from my AT&T account and I didn't want to risk it. I guess it worked for you because you canceled directly with AT&T (where I would be canceling with Apple) and then ordered from Apple.
I think AT&T is trying to spook people out of cancelling so they don't lose out on business. If they were going to delay my in-store pickup order with Apple they definitely would have, it wouldn't process through carrier financing with a previously existing plan. I did make sure to cancel through AT&T first right in the app so whatever store reps are telling people doesn't seem to be accurate.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
UPS can be so frustrating. iPhone being held today still says arrived at facility. Package being delivered tomorrow says processing at center. Like come on. And this is at the same hub.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.