Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
My iPhone still says preparing for delivery and still processing at 9:40 am Iā€™m getting worried it might have missed a truck

• Sad
Reactions: Wolfs

Youngsmoooveee

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello from Victoria Gardens!

Itā€™s pretty low key here so far.

Apple person confirmed with my that there were no iPhones available online this morning for pickup and also said the person on the phone was incorrect.

They said the closest they might able to help me is 10 am or 11 and even then they are not sure. They want the line to dissipate. There is a walk up line and there are people getting iPhones today that do not have one ordered I believe. A chunk of that line just went into the store.

I got my iPad and this thread and will find a bench and see what happens the next few hours
I checked this morning at 5am and all iPhone and watches were available for pickup at VG. Those apple employees there never have any idea whatā€™s going on.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Ok, you probably canā€™t tell from the pic, but this purple looks really pretty in the light.
I tried first taking the pic under a light on my desk, but it looked space black depending on the angle: it really can look different in different lighting situations. You see purple most of the time, and when you do see the purple, itā€™s so nice. šŸ˜Š

buknit

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2019
United States
E006CFA1-AF0A-4105-8555-B330BFB14D0A.jpeg
got it!!!

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
Checked the map on UPS app, saw the UPS trucks was at my wife's work. Told her to go stop him! She did, and the driver told her he wouldn't be here till after 4:00 today to deliver them. She is only working half a day, so new phone will be in hand shortly after Noon EST!!!

14PM Space Black!

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
I donā€™t think I like this Apple clear silicon case on the black phone. It really mutes the color. Iā€™ll probably go back to the Apple Store and just get a black case :(
Apple doesn't have a clear silicon case. Are you talking about the Apple clear "plastic" case? I love mine. Have it on my 12pro graphite and have a new one for my 14pro space black. Have not gotten to see it yet as my phone is out for delivery.

SoxX

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
Mesa, AZ
While to us it would make sense to deliver to locations nearby, UPS deliveries are governed by Orion software which has the drivers crisscrossing back and forth across neighborhoods and towns. It isn't like the post service where they go street to street in some sort of order. UPS drivers are all over the place and will deliver to a house on a street and come back to the same street hours later to deliver to a house 3 doors down.
I thought UPS routed things where they donā€™t make too many left turns or is that a lie?šŸ¤”

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
When I worked for Apple we saw these delays all the time in getting the order cancelled and the upgrade added back to the account. Sometimes took hours, sometimes days It was beyond frustrating for our users.
Oh yeah I'm sure Apple was frustrated with how AT&T was handling it. I meant the AT&T reps were probably exaggerating their own delays but thankfully my order went through just fine.

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
I checked this morning at 5am and all iPhone and watches were available for pickup at VG. Those apple employees there never have any idea whatā€™s going on.
I worded the post poorly. Bought the iPhone online this morning with a pickup tomorrow. Got an email saying my pickup was ready and called the main Apple Store number who told me it was ok to pick up my iPhone today. Got here and they said nope but if you want, wait a few hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.