Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Trozetar

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
Reading, Pa
So the plot thickens. Ups Claim still says investigating,(Apple one is the same), however now its showing import scans in KY. So who knows what the heck is happening.

Ups 2.jpg

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Okay yall, so I might have done an over the top thing, lol.

After seeing that stores still had stock for pickup, I ordered a pro max to pick up on Sunday. I had planned to go pro max this year, but after using the mini for a while, I figured going back to just a regular pro would be plenty.

I decided to get a max also, and see what I think.

All this means I can’t really get my phone setup, but can I still set it up enough to use it with wifi just to play with it until I decide which one I like best?

Once again, I'm behind on reading everything but I just got an alert from UPS saying that my phone is delayed until Monday. :( I'm not sure what happened. The package made it on the delivery truck and I was watching the delivery map and the truck was in my town (I live outside of it though). However, I just got an alert saying that my delivery is delayed until Monday. 😱

Luckily, I have my local UPS phone number from previous misadventures and gave them a call. The rep said that the package had been misloaded and was on the wrong truck. She said that I could pick it up tonight, after the truck comes back to the CC. While it's annoying, at least I can pick it up tonight and not have to wait. Hopefully I'll be getting my phone after work and a trip to the CC.
I'm so sorry for the whole runaround and hassle. The good news is you are getting your iPhone today. You will love it and it's worth that extra little wait. Congratulations!!!

joeblough

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2006
UPS had given me a 12:45-4:45 PM window... and then they showed up at 11:30AM. i was home but the dude was gone by the time i got to the door. he left the phones outside my gate with no signature.

i don't know what to make of that - maybe they are so busy he didn't want to take the time to leave the "we missed you" note and so just decided to deliver w/o a signature. there's a lot of crime here and if this had sat out for more than an hour i'm sure they would have been gone. the thieves gotta know this is iphone day.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
My delivery window says 9:15am to 12:15pm. It’s 12:00pm right now and I see that the driver is still about ten blocks away. I doubt it’s going to make 12:15pm, but that’s fine. I can wait.

crisandria

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
CT
Just got my 14 Pro. it's in the process of transferring from my 12 Pro max. Although the time remaining seems to be going in the wrong direction 32 mins then 35 mins, but now back to 34 mins 🤷‍♀️.

I was worried this morning, had to take my bike to be serviced and took a chance I'd be done before my iPhone arrived, since UPS normally delivers a in the afternoon most of the time. I was waiting on my step when the UPS truck pulled up.
Now for the transfer to actually finish so I can play with my new phone.

I've got a case I'm still waiting on, it should have been here today but it seems like it wants to tour the country went from IN to CA to MA then back to CA, where it decided to still hang out.....I'm in CT. 🤦‍♀️ I've got another case until that one gets here, who knows when.

I saw the pictures, Purple looks really nice! Are you keeping both or returning the Space Black? I think my favorite color so far is Silver actually. I'm still getting mine today (Out For Delivery) and I will keep it, I just wish a couple things were tweaked with the photo algo this year for color and white balance :( Oh well, editing those 48MP ProRaw photos is going to be the real magic for me.

I can't decide what case I want: Orange or Ink? Did you get a case?
I'm keeping both this year. I know such a waste of money but for me, iPhone will forever remain priceless. I can't wait till you start posting new pictures. The things you mentioned will be tweaked via software tho. So stay timed!

No case. I rock my iPhone solid. Living on the edge, but I do baby my iPhone.

Last edited:

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
UPS had given me a 12:45-4:45 PM window... and then they showed up at 11:30AM. i was home but the dude was gone by the time i got to the door. he left the phones outside my gate with no signature.

i don't know what to make of that - maybe they are so busy he didn't want to take the time to leave the "we missed you" note and so just decided to deliver w/o a signature. there's a lot of crime here and if this had sat out for more than an hour i'm sure they would have been gone. the thieves gotta know this is iphone day.

I set mine to “no contact” delivery in the UPS app. No signature required for that.

Yes, but only because I want to give you something to look forward to. 😅
Dang man! I haven't slept for the last 7 days. Have some mercy on me, please. I'm going to have to come back and wait for your post here. I can't wait tho. You are going to love it. Take lots of photos! Go Beyond!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.