Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
View attachment 2067735 14P financed with ATT trade in plan. My understanding was that if carrier financed with ATT, these phones would be carrier locked..... Currently doesn't look that way. Anyone know anything about how an eSim only phone is carrier locked anyway? Might the lock come through later? Just launch day curiosity...

Iā€™m using the iUP program with ATT as the carrier. Last year the 13 Pro Max was unlocked out of the box. I also remember something about Apple delivering unlocked phones across the board in order to simplify their SKUs? Or did I imagine that?

Reactions: taynasoldera

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Thatā€™s excellent news man! Happy for ya!

Phew good news, was getting worried for you!

Sorry for the delayed responses. Work has been crazy today. Thank you both for the kind messages!

Mine said the package is being held for pickup, and then changed to Out for delivery. Iā€™m now waiting in front of the hub and praying itā€™s still here and not on the truck.

Oh no!! Did you end up being able to pick it up?

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Heard the sound of diesel..Just got trolled by a FedEx delivery šŸ¤£šŸ˜­
i got held up a bit by FedEx guys coming out of their local yard in front of me while I was on the way to UPS. So many in front of me that I had to wait for the next green light. :šŸ˜:

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
San Diego is beautiful. Are you going to Coronado Island? Should have taken your new iPhone to La Jolla. I need to plan a trip to go down there. Safe driving! Keep us posted when your iPhone is secured and your grandpa picks it up.
I wanted to bring it, but I already had this trip planned a month ago and completely forgot the 16th is National iPhone Day. šŸ„¹ So just unfortunate timing, lol.

Not sure what weā€™re doing, but my fam is staying at a beach front condo in Oceanside and visiting family around SoCal. Iā€™m originally from SoCal, so tons of family down there.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Apple always sends the trade in kit separately.
Yes they have, but the wording in the email alludes to an all in one box containing the new phone plus return kit.

Apple
Apple Trade In

Your trade-in has been initiated.​

We provide a trade-in kit so you can easily ship back your current device. The kit may be included in the same package with your new device. Otherwise, it is being mailed separately and youā€™ll get it soon.​

I wanted to bring it, but I already had this trip planned a month ago and completely forgot the 16th is National iPhone Day. šŸ„¹ So just unfortunate timing, lol.

Not sure what weā€™re doing, but my fam is staying at a beach front condo in Oceanside and visiting family around SoCal. Iā€™m originally from SoCal, so tons of family down there.
Sounds like fun! Have a safe/fun trip. I will wait for you untiil Monday. Can't wait till you post pictures of your new iPhone. :)

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Using my follow the ups truck and he has been stationary for an hour. Either he is having lunch or having some ā€dessertā€ if you know what i mean! :).

BUT, as the poster above me mentioned, they are totally loving these days knowing we are all waiting.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Yes they have, but the wording in the email alludes to an all in one box containing the new phone plus return kit.

Apple
Apple Trade In​

Your trade-in has been initiated.​

We provide a trade-in kit so you can easily ship back your current device. The kit may be included in the same package with your new device. Otherwise, it is being mailed separately and youā€™ll get it soon.​

Interesting. I never noticed that and have never received both in the same shipment. Good info! Thanks!

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
San Diego is beautiful. Are you going to Coronado Island? Should have taken your new iPhone to La Jolla. I need to plan a trip to go down there. Safe driving! Keep us posted when your iPhone is secured and your grandpa picks it up.
I got married on Coronado, reception at the O' Club. My cousins left my reception and went surfing, lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.