Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
Thank you! Yes, it's a bummer to have to go an collect it tonight but I'm just thankful that I can indeed get it tonight still and not Monday.

Happy iPhone day! I hope that you're enjoy your new beauties!
Sheeesh! I love it. You are going to be amazed. This iPhone is everything. Congratulations! Don't forget to post pictures of your iPhone. I will wait here with you :) Best wishes.

iamcaseyf

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2015
I stand corrected - UPS came through and didn’t drop the ball. Til next time, friends.
9147AC7C-8AF0-4728-8330-E3733F6B033E.jpeg

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Hahahahaha! Excellent! I love it. @SisterBlue22 Why didn't you do a UPS CC pick up?
Last year when I checked, the closest one was across town. I looked today, and there's one just 10 minutes from me, so I'm guessing it's pretty new. I will be looking into that option next year for sure, since UPS always delivers so late to my house.

taynasoldera

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2020
North Brentwood, MD
View attachment 2067735 14P financed with ATT trade in plan. My understanding was that if carrier financed with ATT, these phones would be carrier locked..... Currently doesn't look that way. Anyone know anything about how an eSim only phone is carrier locked anyway? Might the lock come through later? Just launch day curiosity...

Interesting .. I though the same but I don't think it's a eSim thing! My company's phone (iPhone 12 mini - Verizon) also has the "No Sim restrictions" message and I know they just got it for "free" with a 36months contract. Maybe the carriers stopped this non-sense locking thing? I mean, if you cancel the contract you loose yours discount and have to pay the whole price so I don't see why locking the device itself.

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
Anyone with AT&T having issues activating new phone. I don’t have phone yet it’s out for delivery. Just want to know if process is going well. Thx
Just like every release day, ATT activation/provisioning is down hard for us. It's almost like the network ops folks never get the memo that maybe they'll be some spike in volume. It's seriously time for a credible competitor to come out in this industry or government to intervene (again, breaking up Ma Bell was great, but the problem is back), because ATT is "too big to succeed" at this point.

View attachment 2067711 Time to go hands on, someone here said to use gloves 👀
Love it. Woo hoo! Nailed it!!! Congratulations. This iPhone is everything. Please treat it with all respect. The iPhone will do the same for you. Thank you so much for sticking around as well. Please come back and visit us next year. Best wishes!

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I had to go to T-Mobile to get the sim activated. During the setup it took my original phone offline so I couldn’t get the code to activate. Other than that it was smooth and easy
Very glad to hear it worked out!

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Received my iPhone 14 Pro about 3 hours ago. Here are some quick notes:

I transitioned from a physical SIM phone to this eSIM phone on AT&T. The process went smoothly. Everything was quite automatic with very little input needed from me.

Note that transferring to eSIM on ATT was smooth but it might take a little time. I don't know how long it took because the phone was doing a data transfer in the background and I am not sure at what point the SIM transfer was completed.

I opted to do data transfer from phone to phone (instead of from iCloud or Mac backup). Everything went smoothly and the transfer was very complete. All settings and apps were transferred (I understand that the apps and photos were re-downloaded).

I have not bought a new iPhone for a while and was prepared for a long hard setup, but the transfer was so smooth and complete that it was a little anti-climatic. Even most of my apps on the new phone remained signed in.

Enjoying the AOD just as much as I expected.

The dynamic notch works well. Very convenient for playing music.

One thing I did not expect was that I sometimes watch some videos in PiP but I don't really need the video to be constantly on screen. I just want quick access to it. By disabling PiP the audio goes to dynamic notch instead (but only if the app allows background audio without PiP), and so not only do I have access, but the screen is not covered by a video that I do not need to see (I know you can swipe video to the side so it becomes a tab, but the dynamic notch works even better for this. I would prefer if swiping video to the side hands audio off to the notch.)

One glitch unrelated to Apple or the iPhone is that I am unable to set up Apple Pay with Chase at this time. Twitter seems to say that this is an issue with Chase. I expect it to work later. (Update: Resolved)

Hope this helps some people. I might add more notes to this if something occurs to me.

Last edited:

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Interesting. I never noticed that and have never received both in the same shipment. Good info! Thanks!
I was actually excited to see that in the email.
I've ranted for the past few years on the current way Apple does trade-ins.

Seems silly to send an empty box to me. Apple has brilliant engineers that should be able to come up with a slim box/packaging to handle the shipping of the phone + the return.

Sigh. As I sit here looking for my AWU tracking but see tracking for my empty box :(

Don't get me started on the chunky packaging Apple uses for the watches.
At least they've slimed down the iPhone packaging quite a bit!

Reactions: Surf Monkey

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Just like every release day, ATT activation/provisioning is down hard for us. It's almost like the network ops folks never get the memo that maybe they'll be some spike in volume. It's seriously time for a credible competitor to come out in this industry or government to intervene (again, breaking up Ma Bell was great, but the problem is back), because ATT is "too big to succeed" at this point.

Just wait. “With Apple Orbit Pro you can get all the same features you love with your current terrestrial cell carrier along with the full range of Apple One services and access to calls, text, emails and more anywhere in the world at no extra cost.”

Last year when I checked, the closest one was across town. I looked today, and there's one just 10 minutes from me, so I'm guessing it's pretty new. I will be looking into that option next year for sure, since UPS always delivers so late to my house.
I understand. Not to worry. Party don't stop until you post pictures of your iPhone.

Also, thank you so much for helping everyone out. I read all your posts and you were very responsive. I'll always have so much respect for you. So humble and down to earth. Thank you again for everything!!!

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Did you unpair and repair your watch? Or were you able to transfer it over through iCloud? I've researched this (probably too much) and am getting mixed messages on whether it's better to unpair before the old phone back-up and starting the transfer, or just go ahead with the transfer and unpair later, if necessary.
I had a previous watch that recognized i'd moved to a new phone and connected, but i really didn't want to mess with it and had a quite quick and easy unpair/repair experience.

Reactions: DianaMR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.