Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
By 8:30 no one was in line, and I continued to sit off to the side and an Apple person asked if they could help me. Once I mentioned I was in a time out because my pickup day is tomorrow, they let me right in because no one was in line.
I enjoy the engagements to see if someone is the "angel" who will make the impossible happen. When someone says "no", I look for the next person who will say, "yes". So many miracles have occurred after someone else said no.

Super nice Apple people today. I hope their day goes smoothly and the people they interact with kind.
I love being really nice to these folks, I know how hard they work and that some people are quite unpleasant when they don't get what they want. I've worked where people treated me like **** for their own stupidity, and I make sure I let people know how grateful I am that they took care of me while I was in their store.

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
For folks picking your phones up at the Apple Store and upgrading with iUP, do they make you trade in immediately or can you take it home and trade in later?

ratspg

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
B1FABBBB-F31A-45F8-B923-AF446DBB6B8F.jpeg
I also got to meet the head of Apple Retail who randomly showed up at the Apple Store I was at when picking up my iPhone 14 pro :)

Falk25

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
Still showing as processing at my local UPS hub since 8:30 this morning. Confidence is low on receiving my iPhone today.

• Sad
Reactions: CarolG

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Did you update or set up as new then update
I used phone to phone transfer.

Note that transferring to eSIM on ATT was smooth but it might take a little time. I don't know how long it took because the phone was doing a transfer in the background and I am not sure at what point the SIM transfer was completed.

You can read my notes here:

yids989

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2021
I was able to preorder 14 Pro Max 128GB black today and can pick it up tomorrow at my local store. Way better than ordering it for delivery, which is now 4-5 weeks away.

Reactions: DianaMR and SoxX

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Pretty smooth with 2 hiccups

1) Moving the watch (could be user error) - Last year seemed simpler. I had to unpair this year which wipes the watch? Then restore the watch from the backup? I don't remember that.

2) Setting up cards in Apple Pay - definitely a "me" thing, as I didn't have the cards to enter the cvv numbers :D

Other than that....excellent
Great to hear! Glad you reminded me of the cards

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
Just wait. “With Apple Orbit Pro you can get all the same features you love with your current terrestrial cell carrier along with the full range of Apple One services and access to calls, text, emails and more anywhere in the world at no extra cost.”
I just hope they can manage to do better with that than their other network services. Apple does many things well and reliably. WAN/Cloud services at scale are not and never have been one of them. Only after many years of really absurdly bad services has iCloud come even remotely usable and reliable. I would hate to see the first few years (decade) of an Apple operated network. They'd be better off contracting with Starlink (Globalstar doesn't have the bandwidth and/or constellation to support anything meaningful for at least 5-10 years and Iridium's network is not much more credible in terms of suitability for actual TCP/IP versus store-and-forward type networks like Globalstar and most of Iridium's current offerings, probably not even then as they have no launch relationships of credible worth to compete with Iridium or Starlink).

My guess is that the Starlink-TMo hook up is more talk than reality (definitely in terms of regulatory progress it is) and technologically speaking, it is quite possible but many, many hurdles exist. Good strategy by Starlink to up the ante for any possible tag up with Apple on this, and T-Mo gets to tout it.

It will happen, but I am afraid that we're simply shifting "******, no motivation to do better large company with no incentive to care for individual customers" will simply shift from earth to space :).

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I used phone to phone transfer.

Note that transferring to eSIM on ATT was smooth but it might take a little time. I don't know how long it took because the phone was doing a transfer in the background and I am not sure at what point the SIM transfer was completed.

You can read my notes here:

I just transferred from SIM to eSim on my phone, so I could do direct transfer, and it took about 2 minutes - took out my SIM, restarted the phone, and it’s working like a charm. That never happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.