Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
Yay!! I got a box too!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
This will be the first time applying a screen protector right out of the box!

Attachments

• 30A00ECE-CB85-445B-B724-E1A21BE800D3.jpeg
    30A00ECE-CB85-445B-B724-E1A21BE800D3.jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 57

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
Deep Purple is in the house! Migration from 13 Pro is underway. I usually restore from backup on my Mac, but this time I’m doing the quick transfer route. Mostly because I still had a physical SIM. It already moved my number over to the eSIM no problem. And the transfer is so far so good without having to update the 14 Pro to 16.0.1.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Anyone on Verizon that went from a 13 PM with a physical SIM to a 14PM with eSIM? What did the process look like? Any hiccups? The anxiety this is causing me is insane! lol

I watched about 15 people activate new iPhones with eSims today at the Apple Store. They were all so seamless. The one I saw that went from physical sim to eSim literally took 60 seconds. Both of us were on Verizon too.

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
iPhone to iPhone transfer is in progress. Time remaining is 1 hour and that's 1 hour too long lol!
Icloud at the apple store took longer, i would had been done already if it was iphone to iphone literally, i actually had problems doing the restore because the wifi there was terrible had to do the restore process like 3 times because the icloud backup was corrupt from the terrible apple store wifi congestion!
View attachment 2067735 14P financed with ATT trade in plan. My understanding was that if carrier financed with ATT, these phones would be carrier locked..... Currently doesn't look that way. Anyone know anything about how an eSim only phone is carrier locked anyway? Might the lock come through later? Just launch day curiosity...
i saw this also while i was messing around my settings, very interesting indeed, still wonder why we have sim pin if the tray is gone now lolol

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
So before I even start, I have TMobile eSIM and an actual secondary SIM card installed. I assume that the eSIM should transfer easily. But what should I expect trying to convert SIM to eSIM?

Let's goooo! Keep posting pictures of your new iPhone. It's a beautiful day!!! Today is iPhone today.
@LasersGoPewPew Did you get your new iPhone? Where are you. We are waiting.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I was actually excited to see that in the email.
I've ranted for the past few years on the current way Apple does trade-ins.

Seems silly to send an empty box to me. Apple has brilliant engineers that should be able to come up with a slim box/packaging to handle the shipping of the phone + the return.

Sigh. As I sit here looking for my AWU tracking but see tracking for my empty box :(

Don't get me started on the chunky packaging Apple uses for the watches.
At least they've slimed down the iPhone packaging quite a bit!

Totally agree. If they’re serious about their commitment to reducing environmental impact sending both the new phone and the trade in kit in a single box would be a great solution. You only get a box to keep if you buy it in a brick and mortar.

Plus, for online customers who must have a box to own with the phone, Apple can sell them separately at the Apple Store ;)

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Spent all this time getting the screen protector on it and deciding what case to keep. Now I’m ready to get it all set up now that it’s protected in case I drop it. Lol. Love that purple. 😊
What case is this? I want it!!!!

Reactions: Wolfs

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Loving these pics, keep em coming! How is everyone's setup going? Any issues with the update/activation stuff?
Pretty smooth with 2 hiccups

1) Moving the watch (could be user error) - Last year seemed simpler. I had to unpair this year which wipes the watch? Then restore the watch from the backup? I don't remember that.

2) Setting up cards in Apple Pay - definitely a "me" thing, as I didn't have the cards to enter the cvv numbers :D

Other than that....excellent

Reactions: Brad7 and Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.