Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Never use screen protectors they always cut down sensitivity for me. I use clear cases and a belt holster and never have problems with screen scratches or damage
I've never had an issue with sensitivity and screen protectors in my near 15 years of owning smartphones. Just don't buy cheap ones. This is what I've used on my last several devices and will be applying to my 14 Pro Max today. Very easy to install.

My main use for screen protectors now a days is to protect the oleophobic coating. Eventually it wears off in spots where you touch the screen a lot, at least for me. Happens with the protectors too, but then all I have to do is put a new one on.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Awww, thanks for the shout out ">@TheYayAreaLiving You are the MVP, the Belle Of The Ball and our fearless leader.
@Brad7 Thank YOU so much for all the signature changes that were simultaneously helpful and made me laugh every time they were mentioned, and they were mentioned by many!

@Limeybasturd as always, you are my guy! Dopamine/seratonin rush from laughing my off every time you post.

To everyone here, thank you so much for being patient with me, laughing with (and sometimes at) me, and making this a week I truly look forward to each year.

@Shh and the rest of the #4digitgang, we are bonded for life. We journeyed through the unknown and made it to the other side .

@Laryl, girl-you have been through it. Love your positive attitude. Keep growing those haworthia, and I hope this iPhone year is much better!

@rjjacobson Cheers to you!

Enjoy those iPhones, everyone. We earned them! Cant wait to do this again next year, with hopefully a (Product)RED Pro/Max in the lineup.

Can I be an international member of the family? Lol

Iā€™m in the uk and between you and me I do find the USA thread very entertaining by comparison.

Still working through this thread before I start the uk one however..

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
ESR Armorite, I've used ESR for a while, I like it but sometimes I have no problem getting it on with no bubbles or little bumps where there's a speck of something on the screen but this time I had to waste one to get the 2nd one on right. I've never used one on my 11" iPad Pro but I decided to try that too and that was a nightmare, first just would not go on without bubbles. I like that they provide a frame so placement is always spot on but if you're anal like me it can be a challenge to have no bubbles or bumps.
Upgrading every year will make you an expert at putting these on lol

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
Good morning, y'all. How we doing? How we feeling about our new iPhones? I am personally loving this new phone. It feels so quick and intuitive. The Dynamic Island is going to be very useful once everything gets going. This phone for some reason, feels a bit lighter than the 13 PM. I'm really liking the Space Black color
The dynamic island is dope when youā€™re on a phone callā€¦love it

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
Question for New Purple iPhone owners.....
How many will go caseless?
DP Pro Max 256 checking in. I usually case, but itā€™s tough with this color. Itā€™s so luminescent. For now, to quell my OCD I have a totallee clear case on it. (I did get the Apple ink leather case too, but havenā€™t used it.)

Reviewsmaker

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
Coral Springs, Florida
Had to come back to this forum just one more time post-setup. Just wanted to key in my final experience migrating to this new baby.

I received my new phone yesterday about 2 hours earlier than the anticipated scheduled delivery date; I can tell you the migration process was seamless - power on the phone, let your existing phone find it and point the camera at the floating QR code and viola - all done; eSim setup took under 3 minutes as it was digitally provisioned, and AT&T quickly transferred my number.

I recommend doing an iCloud backup first, though it seems the phone automatically updates the latest backup on its own - I choose to restore from iCloud, which took nearly 300GB! about two hours, and the phone got so hot the island indicated "device will continue charging once it reached normal temperatures" so yes expect it to get warm if you have tons of stuff; I wouldn't leave it plugged in during restoration just to improve temperature.

If you're like me and you use Google Authenticator, make sure to export your auth accounts on your old phone and scan the QR code of the exported accounts on your new phone - this is VERY important, or you will lose all your 2FA keys; just saying to me that was an important step.

The phone is a beautify, always on works very nice, battery is fresh and holding - I noticed swifter transitions between windows compared to my pervious phone (13P) and the lag when checking/marking all mail messages is gone! that alone was worth the upgrade for me!

Either way, that's my take so far - am loving it, love re-exploring and re-learning my device and I hope you all share in the same experience.

Cheers!

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Few more flowers and bees

A408BE2F-C1C6-4175-A50C-B90B0909CF2A.jpeg
4D73ABEE-3986-4A47-AB79-89BF78886FBC.jpeg
7360F09C-3721-467D-953C-8947E421B617.jpeg
8235815A-02D4-400B-9C45-8B471DC9A9DA.jpeg
74136011-C5CA-4C8F-8044-9E694DAF22EC.jpeg
3C83DA3E-88F2-4921-944B-F89DCCF15D39.jpeg
B1B35ED5-8956-45D0-AEA1-CA76DF05E55D.jpeg
8395F664-0A6E-4B41-98FB-A6235FD5F55C.jpeg
43DC69EC-449A-41BE-A41E-13BD171DA9BC.jpeg
A8AD9914-3D8D-4791-B1FB-213B38480554.jpeg

Reviewsmaker

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
Coral Springs, Florida
OH! ONE THING I DIDN'T LIKE! - not all developers upgraded their applications to work with the new layout, for example - Youtube search conflicts with the location of the pill, or island - the padding/margin disappeared as there's no spacing in-between the search bar looks flush to the island which is aesthetically unpleasing... I hope app developers upgrade their code (minor upgrades) to accommodate the layout for a fluid look and UI.

Other than that, this phone is king!

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Only having two issues so far on 14 pro Max. Forgot to remove my clipper card (Bay Area transit pass) so canā€™t add it to my new phone. Already erased and packed it up for trade in. If I reset it up will it be there and will I be able to remove it? Sadly already removed phone from iCloud so canā€™t remove it there.

2nd issue for Facebook only notifications are coming in as you have a notification no preview even though I have it set to give a preview if unlocked. Uninstalled and reinstalled waiting for a notification to see if this fixed it.

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Had to come back to this forum just one more time post-setup. Just wanted to key in my final experience migrating to this new baby.

I received my new phone yesterday about 2 hours earlier than the anticipated scheduled delivery date; I can tell you the migration process was seamless - power on the phone, let your existing phone find it and point the camera at the floating QR code and viola - all done; eSim setup took under 3 minutes as it was digitally provisioned, and AT&T quickly transferred my number.

I recommend doing an iCloud backup first, though it seems the phone automatically updates the latest backup on its own - I choose to restore from iCloud, which took nearly 300GB! about two hours, and the phone got so hot the island indicated "device will continue charging once it reached normal temperatures" so yes expect it to get warm if you have tons of stuff; I wouldn't leave it plugged in during restoration just to improve temperature.

If you're like me and you use Google Authenticator, make sure to export your auth accounts on your old phone and scan the QR code of the exported accounts on your new phone - this is VERY important, or you will lose all your 2FA keys; just saying to me that was an important step.

The phone is a beautify, always on works very nice, battery is fresh and holding - I noticed swifter transitions between windows compared to my pervious phone (13P) and the lag when checking/marking all mail messages is gone! that alone was worth the upgrade for me!

Either way, that's my take so far - am loving it, love re-exploring and re-learning my device and I hope you all share in the same experience.

Cheers!
I only have 7 still on Google Authenticator. Plan to migrate them to the keychain app.

Reactions: em245

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
I've never had an issue with sensitivity and screen protectors in my near 15 years of owning smartphones. Just don't buy cheap ones. This is what I've used on my last several devices and will be applying to my 14 Pro Max today. Very easy to install.

My main use for screen protectors now a days is to protect the oleophobic coating. Eventually it wears off in spots where you touch the screen a lot, at least for me. Happens with the protectors too, but then all I have to do is put a new one on.
Went with the Spigen too. I had been using and liking the ones from ESR but heard the installation was easier with the Spigen so I thought I give it a try.

The Spigen's installation is better. The glass is already mounted in the locating frame. Peel the protector film off of the glass, mount the frame on the phone, then slide your finger down the frame's cutout which pushes the center of the glass down and then the bubbles flow out to the edges. Remove the frame and protecting film and you're done.

I did it right after I removed the film from the phone so no dust specks. The Spigen comes in a 2 pack just in case the first one gets messed up. Since the glass is already mounted in a frame, you also get two frames in the package.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
OH! ONE THING I DIDN'T LIKE! - not all developers upgraded their applications to work with the new layout, for example - Youtube search conflicts with the location of the pill, or island - the padding/margin disappeared as there's no spacing in-between the search bar looks flush to the island which is aesthetically unpleasing... I hope app developers upgrade their code (minor upgrades) to accommodate the layout for a fluid look and UI.

Other than that, this phone is king!
Itā€™ll take a bit but will get fixed! I remember when things were like this with the iPhone X for a while at launch - which was the first iPhone with the notch

em245

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2020
New England

I bought this for this first time and Iā€™m loving it for my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Itā€™s easy to install and very sensitive to touch, so it works for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: dstew201

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
Iā€™m still obsessed with this Deep Purple. What an amazing color. Whoever came up with it at Apple needs a huge promotion and raise, lol.

Iā€™ll say it again, best color ever on an iPhone. This and Jet Black.
Opposite hereā€¦ I hated it as soon as I opened it. Didnā€™t even fully set it up. I returned it. Thought Iā€™d try for a black one, but the store was completely out of that color. Rep even said his previous customer did the exact same thing, hated the purple and wanted to exchange for black. Oh well, I was kinda leaning toward keeping my 13 Pro anyway.

Reactions: bevsb2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.