Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Interesting i am using phone heavily to play with photos and upload here as well as other things. It is 1 PM now and have been playing since 6 AM. So not terrible.

Usually by now would be in 60’s percentages wise. A bit lower but this is mot typical. Yesterday waiting for IPS and interacting with you here i was close to 50 percent use though. So ultimately similar to my old 13 ProMax

0CEA57F8-A65B-4A92-BACC-97A425F1CDE4.png
6A08B083-24C6-408D-A765-C82C9750660C.jpeg

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Isn't the new ceramic glass improved so a protector is not needed?
I have a unique case where I have nervous system damage due to a severe fever that I had in my childhood in the early 1980s. I get random muscle spasms in my hands and legs. For instance, I can be holding my cell phone and with a random muscle spasm it goes flying out of my hand and there is nothing that I can do about it. I also have issues with equilibrium and often walk into walls/doorways. My phone gets dropped or thrown at least a few times a day due to muscle spasms. In my case a strong Otterbox and screen protector are necessary or my phone would get destroyed.

taynasoldera

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2020
North Brentwood, MD
So now I am seriously wondering.

My AirPods (with engraving even) which were due Sept 23 are now showing up tomorrow.

It shows up via reference number in the UPS app and that is it.

No charge to my card yet.

No change on the Apple order page. Just says processing.

Can't help but wonder if those with iPhones arriving later than Sept 16 are moving along faster as well. I check reference number a few times a day and nothing yet however.

If I find an iPhone at the store tomorrow that means everyone with later delivery windows will get theirs sooner than later because that is the way my "luck" rolls and you are welcome! 😂

I'm curious here.. Did your AirPods showed up? What's the status now?

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
Mine was delivered around 5:30 last evening. After having been dealing with a 5 year old iPhone X that had a dead pixel, multiple camera malfunctions, and really crap battery life, the 14Pro is a dream. I’m a bit disappointed that there are so few stock wallpapers and no new ringtones/text tones, but I love the AOD. I actually think it will REDUCE how much I pick up my phone!
I got a cheap, clear Spigen case with glitter for the weekend, and it actually looks super great with the deep purple color. My MagSafe otterbox is due to arrive Monday! Y’all can catch me over in the AWS8 shipping thread
I agree it will having me pick my phone up less. I Personally want more widgets on the Lock Screen. I am sure some will say it’s not elegant but I would appreciate having more contact I can just tap and see. I personally would love my travel information and upcoming appointments, etc. I know I can make new lock screens and have for different things but one more row of widgets would be great for me at least.

Also. Wish the background noise toggle was in the island. I would think that would be an easy addition but I could of course be completely wrong

Reactions: najicta

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
What in iPhone order/delivery constitutes a wave?

Is there a “definition” or parameters for a wave?

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Does anyone know if this will hold iPhone 14 Pro Max like that without falling? I hear mixed reviews of it won't work unless you take a case off. :(

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
I'm curious here.. Did your AirPods showed up? What's the status now?
They actually showed up as delivered and left at my front door at 3pm while I was sitting in my living room with direct view to my front door. No UPS truck to be seen. I know the driver and at some point will ask if he scanned it and it alerted him not to deliver them at some point. That is if he is allowed or willing to tell me.

But, looks like the new Air Pods are already in the states and taking accidental adventures.

Will be curious to see how my tracking changes over the course of this week.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
OH! ONE THING I DIDN'T LIKE! - not all developers upgraded their applications to work with the new layout, for example - Youtube search conflicts with the location of the pill, or island - the padding/margin disappeared as there's no spacing in-between the search bar looks flush to the island which is aesthetically unpleasing... I hope app developers upgrade their code (minor upgrades) to accommodate the layout for a fluid look and UI.

Other than that, this phone is king!
I'll check my code now.

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Damn…team Dynamic Island here. Maps and Music showing up top. Transitions are so smooth. Love seeing that info on the screen

Haven’t even tried AOD yet (actually forgot I even have it). I haven’t really given it a chance to come on.

Was able to transfer both my main number and work number (eSIM) onto this phone without issue and everything transferred over in about an hour.

Forgot how much I missed the super strong magnet on the Rockform case. MagSafe compatible and holds my phone onto any metal surface.

See y’all next year (especially if they add USB-C).

blueyz628

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2015
Sorry to be nosy but do you think you will adjust well after having a mini? Such a huge size and weight difference. I know what the trade-offs are and I think the Pro Max I ordered is more what I need but I already miss my mini and I haven't even shipped it back yet.
You're not being nosy at all! I had the Pro Max at one point and it was just too big for me. I downsized to the 11 Pro and then the Mini. I really liked the size and the weight of the Mini (I wear scrubs for work and the Mini was so "pocketable"). But I missed having a telephoto lens...although if I hadn't gotten such a good trade-in for my Mini I would have kept it. After using it today, the weight and slight increase in size of the Pro is becoming less of an issue but there is no way I could go back to a Max.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.