Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Whistler, BC
I am impressed with my 14PM camera! I can tell a difference to 13PM, faster, easier to get the shot and more realistic colors. I am not one to get hung up on data, just like taking pics :)

Attachments

• tempImageXFT52j.png
    tempImageXFT52j.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 64

taynasoldera

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2020
North Brentwood, MD
They actually showed up as delivered and left at my front door at 3pm while I was sitting in my living room with direct view to my front door. No UPS truck to be seen. I know the driver and at some point will ask if he scanned it and it alerted him not to deliver them at some point. That is if he is allowed or willing to tell me.

But, looks like the new Air Pods are already in the states and taking accidental adventures.

Will be curious to see how my tracking changes over the course of this week.
Hm interesting and weird lol

Mine is still processing 😩 I was hoping to see a “preparing to ship” at least.

But I think you are right! They are probably in the country already just waiting the 23th to get closer 😓

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Well of course but I was just surprised and once it was said it’s the sun I’m trying to get the perspective since at midnight it’s now at the top (seems odd) .. but I’ll watch it. Fun little discovery :)
The earth is always centered on your location, as though you were in space above looking at it. At midnight where you are, the sun is lighting the other side of the world, so you are facing the sun. At noon, the sun is behind you, so you can't see it. I think that's a really cool perspective.

Reactions: DianaMR and Wolfs

wingennis

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2016
Northern Arizona
You're not being nosy at all! I had the Pro Max at one point and it was just too big for me. I downsized to the 11 Pro and then the Mini. I really liked the size and the weight of the Mini (I wear scrubs for work and the Mini was so "pocketable"). But I missed having a telephoto lens...although if I hadn't gotten such a good trade-in for my Mini I would have kept it. After using it today, the weight and slight increase in size of the Pro is becoming less of an issue but there is no way I could go back to a Max.
Thank you. I appreciate your feedback. I'm either going to keep the Pro Max or go back to my Mini. I need both hands to handle either the Pro or Pro Max so I might as well get the bigger battery and screen. I'm embarrassed to have anxiety over such a first-world problem but I do. I spend more time with my phone than any other object I own.

Reactions: Wolfs and blueyz628

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
Bought both a new iPhone 14 Pro and a series 8 watch. My process for updating them...
1. Unpaired the old watch so as to create a backup file on the old phone.
2. Backed up the old phone to my iMac. It took almost an hour.
3. Backed up the old phone to iCloud, which only took about 5 minutes.
4. Did a device to device transfer for old to new phone. Initially the estimate was 2 hours but it was done in 45 minutes.
5. The activation for the eSIM only took a minute or two.
6. Answered the setup questions on the new phone, including the security codes for my credit cards for ApplePay.
7. Paired the new watch to the new phone.

The backups weren't necessary since I planned on doing device to device but I wanted to have a plan B and C ready if things didn't go well. But it went very smoothly without any problems.

Time to go take some photos. ;^)

FYI...iPhone 14 Pro 256GB black with elderberry case. Phone is also black with black unity woven solo loop.

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Apple did awsome on designing the dynamic island
I think it is such a fun interface to have the swiped-up apps go into the Island! Function in its highest expression of confirming you've removed it from the front layer on the screen by having it disappear into the dark area and then pop up a little monitoring screen there to let you know it is still doing something. I really love it!

Reactions: Wolfs and thearh

blueyz628

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2015
Thank you. I appreciate your feedback. I'm either going to keep the Pro Max or go back to my Mini. I need both hands to handle either the Pro or Pro Max so I might as well get the bigger battery and screen. I'm embarrassed to have anxiety over such a first-world problem but I do. I spend more time with my phone than any other object I own.
I totally get it! Another plus is that I didn't anticipate is the battery life... I didn't realize the difference until a bit ago. I have been "playing" on my Pro all day and I just charged. I didn't even charge during set up. I definitely think this one is a keeper.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Bought both a new iPhone 14 Pro and a series 8 watch. My process for updating them...
1. Unpaired the old watch so as to create a backup file on the old phone.
2. Backed up the old phone to my iMac. It took almost an hour.
3. Backed up the old phone to iCloud, which only took about 5 minutes.
4. Did a device to device transfer for old to new phone. Initially the estimate was 2 hours but it was done in 45 minutes.
5. The activation for the eSIM only took a minute or two.
6. Answered the setup questions on the new phone, including the security codes for my credit cards for ApplePay.
7. Paired the new watch to the new phone.

The backups weren't necessary since I planned on doing device to device but I wanted to have a plan B and C ready if things didn't go well. But it went very smoothly without any problems.

Time to go take some photos. ;^)

FYI...iPhone 14 Pro 256GB black with elderberry case. Phone is also black with black unity woven solo loop.
Did the same good plan. Worked perfectly for me as well

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
Kind of funny story, cause yesterday before got my iphone 📱, ordered some AirTags and accessories.
Paid a little extra for express shipping so id get it today.
Fedex to deliver it, they didn’t even come to the apartment, they threw an error on their tracking app, (Not as good as the UPS app, imho), they couldn’t resolve my apartment address, UPS never had an issue.
I thought, neigh neigh, so I drive to their CC at the airport, I knew it came on a plane this morning. Lubbock gets 2 big Airbus A320 planes daily (I like airplanes too), lol
I get in there and the one counter person is someone that I work with for AT&T, FedEx is her second and preferred job, and she checks and in about a minutes time she had my package 📦 with those accessories. Kinda cool story, at least to me. Haha

I went Black 14PM, black case, black wallet, to match my black car, my LV Raiders fan gear, and my cold black heart! Ha

2 pics, coming from 10,” iPad Pro
B7D5ED22-6624-4442-A73F-5677778A0207.jpeg
18B8A99C-D4A4-41AE-A9F7-B74FCD562EF9.jpeg

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I originally did my pre-order for in-store pickup. Then Apple, in their infinite wisdom, changed it to ship. Everything worked out OK in the end, I have my phone, it's lovely, and I'm loving it.

I just got an email from Apple that my trade-in kit was being sent. When I look online, the address the kit is supposedly being sent to is the store where I wanted to pick up my phone. I'm guessing the store will be surprised.

I'm also guessing I should just take the phone over to the store for trade-in?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.