Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

JimMMac

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2020
Well, I got hosed by UPS. Delivery date of the 16th. On the 14th I requested a hold on the package at the CC so that I could pick it up in the morning, rather than wait for home delivery, which is usually at 7ish at night in my neighborhood. Friday morning, the tracking showed “request for hold acknowledged” and “out for delivery”. So, which is it? I called the customer support line. It took a while to get past the robot voice and to a human. I was informed it was being held. About a half hour later tracking changed, showing “being held for pickup”. Great! I’m on my way. I get there, they can’t find my package. I’m there close to an hour while they make calls and search in their building, as well as the loading docks facility next door. No package. They blame the facility across town where the package first arrived. (The scans clearly show it arriving at this facility in the wee hours of the morning). They apologize and thank me for being calm and patient. They tell me they will call me in 2 hours, no matter what, to let me know what is going on. Finally, 4 hours later, they call and say the package is no where to be found. They also tell me that I have to call customer support and tell them to put a tracer on it. (Why do I have to initiate this?!) So, I spend several minutes trying to get around the robot voice again, having much more difficulty getting a live person than I did earlier in the morning. While searching the web for ideas on getting to a live person, I see an email for customer support, so I send an email asking for help with the situation. I finally get to a live person and she says no, she can’t put a tracer on the package and asks for my email address. Tells me she is sending me an email and says goodbye. The email is nothing more than a canned message telling me to go on the website and file a claim. About an hour later I get a response from the email I sent to customer support. Their email apologizes for the problem and tells me since it is an international shipment, I can’t file a claim, I have to contact Apple. It’s “pass the buck” at every turn. The CC, of course, is closed all weekend. I’m hoping for a call on Monday morning reporting that it was found on one of the trucks returning on Friday evening after they closed. Most likely, I’m stuck going to Apple and having to start over with an order. UPS only charged me $5.99 for this pleasant experience! How can I be so fortunate?!?!

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
So the Pro isn't as big or as heavy as I'd expected. I should've gone Max! UGH 🤦‍♂️
I’ve had the 12 & 13 regular versions instead of the Pros due to the weight. However due to the features of the pro this time, I wanted to give it another try. Glad I did, it’s not bad at all. It’s strangely easy to hold so you don’t feel the weight as much, if that makes sense.

kpluck

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2018
Sacramento
FWIW, I ordered from Xfinity Mobile on the 13th. From the order confirmation I received, they were expecting shipment on 10-7. This afternoon I received a shipping notice with expected delivery on Wednesday.

I am curious, do carriers just take orders for the phones and then forward that order to Apple which then does the actual shipping? That would seem like the most efficient way to do it but you never know.

-kp

Kierkegaarden

Cancelled
Dec 13, 2018
Not going to lie. This AOD is kinda cool. It's going to take some time to get used to it.

Everytime I look at my iPhone I feel like I need to turn it off. It's creepy, hahah!
I used to set my phone down face up, but I wonder if users will end up setting their phones down face down, which Apple says would turn off AOD. I have started to do this (even though my 14PM hasn’t come in yet). I think the usefulness of AOD will become apparent as time goes on, and depending on circumstances.

I have my phone set to “tap to wake”, so AOD will be nice for me if I can get quick info without having to unlock the phone.

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
Well, I got hosed by UPS. Delivery date of the 16th. On the 14th I requested a hold on the package at the CC so that I could pick it up in the morning, rather than wait for home delivery, which is usually at 7ish at night in my neighborhood. Friday morning, the tracking showed “request for hold acknowledged” and “out for delivery”. So, which is it? I called the customer support line. It took a while to get past the robot voice and to a human. I was informed it was being held. About a half hour later tracking changed, showing “being held for pickup”. Great! I’m on my way. I get there, they can’t find my package. I’m there close to an hour while they make calls and search in their building, as well as the loading docks facility next door. No package. They blame the facility across town where the package first arrived. (The scans clearly show it arriving at this facility in the wee hours of the morning). They apologize and thank me for being calm and patient. They tell me they will call me in 2 hours, no matter what, to let me know what is going on. Finally, 4 hours later, they call and say the package is no where to be found. They also tell me that I have to call customer support and tell them to put a tracer on it. (Why do I have to initiate this?!) So, I spend several minutes trying to get around the robot voice again, having much more difficulty getting a live person than I did earlier in the morning. While searching the web for ideas on getting to a live person, I see an email for customer support, so I send an email asking for help with the situation. I finally get to a live person and she says no, she can’t put a tracer on the package and asks for my email address. Tells me she is sending me an email and says goodbye. The email is nothing more than a canned message telling me to go on the website and file a claim. About an hour later I get a response from the email I sent to customer support. Their email apologizes for the problem and tells me since it is an international shipment, I can’t file a claim, I have to contact Apple. It’s “pass the buck” at every turn. The CC, of course, is closed all weekend. I’m hoping for a call on Monday morning reporting that it was found on one of the trucks returning on Friday evening after they closed. Most likely, I’m stuck going to Apple and having to start over with an order. UPS only charged me $5.99 for this pleasant experience! How can I be so fortunate?!?!
WTH

Trozetar

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
Reading, Pa
12D34629-92F9-47B3-9709-8A94D71EA46C.png

So it continues. Now looks like whatever it is they are doing is coming from Louisville…again. Not sure if they actually found my package or are hastily sending me a replacement or if it’s a ghost shipment. Official tracking status at least no longer says delivered but on its way.

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
View attachment 2070078

So it continues. Now looks like whatever it is they are doing is coming from Louisville…again. Not sure if they actually found my package or are hastily sending me a replacement or if it’s a ghost shipment. Official tracking status at least no longer says delivered but on its way.
Check out Best Buy. They have plenty available.

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
View attachment 2070078

This is one of the more interesting trackings I have seen and sorry you are going through this.

I am myopic when I say this from experience. I don’t think UPS could replace the package this quickly. However. Based on the claim I am assuming they know what type of device you had.

When you get the iPhone and you have AppleCare or a payment plan make sure the serial numbers match. If not, it will create a mess.

Mentioned this a few times here so apologies to mention it again but my iPhone was stolen at UPS last year before it ever got to me. It was part of a large amount of iPhones stolen. It showed on my tracking as “customer refused delivery” my UPS driver thought it was a trade in box because it was empty and then saw a slit across the bottom.

Last year, my claim still had Apple sending me the replacement device. Of course things can change this year but the fact it shows delivered is the interesting thing for me and I am not sure if you will ever get the answer unless you know the UPS delivery person.

Finally up to date with this thread!
@jr866gooner I don't think you read every single post tho. Because someone suggested it would take this many hours 😝 see the post below. You also ignored Tim Cook's response. 👀

It will take about 55 hours if you spent 10 seconds on each post.
@jr866gooner She lied to Tim Cook when iPhone 14 was announced. Lied about the color. Check out @MrENGLISH post below. Yesterday, Tim Cook CEO of Apple stopped by and confirmed it himself
Personally, check it out. This is the real deal. 😂

👇👇👇
GOOD MORNING!

Fax she told me she got Deep Purple when I asked, then I checked her Pre-Order and it said Silver! A damn lie!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.